Should I get over him or wait?

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:41 am
I like a guy since 3rd grade and now I am falling in love with him. But he only thinks of me as a best friend. Somedays ago his sister told a friend he loves me but we later found it out to be false. He still does not love me but I cannot get over him. Sometimes its like he likes me too cause he is always sweet to me and we chat night and day in facebook. What should I do? Should I wait?

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:46 am
@Krrypton,
We have no idea how long ago 3rd grade was. Last year? Last week? 20 years ago?

I highly doubt you are falling in love with him. It's far more likely to be a crush. These happen, they're a lot of drama but they do eventually go away. I am not saying that it is impossible that you love this guy, but you have no relationship with him other than being pals. Pals are nice, and they make us feel good about ourselves. But they usually aren't love.

As for the third-hand information about him supposedly loving you, forget it! Who knows how that communication broke down? That was a rumor, and nothing more. Rumors are, by definition, unreliable. There is also every possibility that whoever said this has/had an agenda.

Here's an idea. How about some direct communication? You know, not with your sister's boyfriend's dermatologist, but with the guy himself. You're chatting with him night and day, so you have ample opportunity. And he probably has no idea that you're entertaining the idea of waiting for anything.

So, next time you chat with him, say, "Ryan (or whatever his name is), I really like chatting with you and I'm glad you're in my life. Do you maybe want to get together some time? You know, not as just friends, but as a date."

Be prepared for him to say no, and he might. Will that make your friendship weird? It can, but it's currently already weird, if you're mooning over him and he's not reciprocating that.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:50 am
jespah usually hits the nail on the head, and she has again. follow her advice.
0 Replies

Krrypton

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:43 am
@jespah,
Thanks. And btw third grade was 7 years ago
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 02:54 pm
You have spent so much time on facebook that you don't know how to "read" a guy. You can't do that without seeing him in person and talking to him in person.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:49 pm
@Krrypton,
Krrypton wrote:
we chat night and day in facebook. What should I do?

spend time with him in person so you can determine if you get along in real life

facebook just isn't the same
0 Replies