The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Uuuhhhh, you would be considered a foreigner in the lower southeast. Just saying.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Uuuhhh, I lived in that region for 20 years and found it less bigoted that the northeast in which I lived for 30 years. I've lived in Texas for the last 10 years and it too is less bigoted than the my home region when I left it.

The only "foreigners" that have had a tough time in the Southeast are those that are assh*les, and they would have had a tough time in Manchester, Paris, Munich, St Petersburg, wherever.
Germlat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 05:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah..ok Finn. The Southeast is known for it's tolerance(ha-ha). So you fit in...good for you. You must share the ideals. Are you a southern baptist? You probably converted and did everything possible to not be considered a Yank. Congrats. I bet you stayed clear of darkies of any kind wink, wink. ( no Indians, Mexicans, blacks, Jews)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 05:07 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Yeah..ok Finn. The Southeast is known for it's tolerance(ha-ha). So you fit in...good for you. You must share the ideals. Are you a southern baptist? You probably converted and did everything possible to not be considered a Yank. Congrats. I bet you stayed clear of darkies of any kind wink, wink. ( no Indians, Mexicans, blacks, Jews)

You utterly clueless fool.

I do share Southern ideals. You, of course, have no idea of what they actually may be other than your bigoted notion that they are "enslave blacks."

Not that it matters, but I'm not a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, or even a Jain. Clearly you equate Southern Baptists with the KKK and so the following Baptists must be ignorant racists:

Jimmy Carter
Bill Clinton
Al Gore
Shirley Chisholm
Rev. Martin Luther King
Kweisi Mfume
Cornell West
Maury Wills
Joe Frazier
Lois Armstrong
John Grisham

My wife is a latina (which means my three children are hispanic).

How does it feel to be revealed to be such a fool (wink wink)?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 05:51 pm
@Germlat,
Oh my gosh, Germalt, isn't it dreadful to fall under the withering gaze of Finn????? Hahahahahahaha, hahahaha snort, hahahaha

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 05:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Was Lois Armstrong any relation to Louis Armstrong? I find it hard to believe satchmo was a klan member.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 02:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
BTW ---Hispanic is not a race, but a language group. A Hispanic person can be of any race. You're assumptions on my knowledge of the South are meager crumbs. I'm married to a southerner . I've lived in the South. There are many great aspects of the culture...tolerance ..not as much.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 04:23 pm
@Germlat,
My assumptions about your knowledge of the South is nothing compared to your assumptions about me.

Pack sand.
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I didn't assume anything...you clearly have stated your views.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 11:23 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
You probably converted and did everything possible to not be considered a Yank. Congrats. I bet you stayed clear of darkies of any kind wink, wink. ( no Indians, Mexicans, blacks, Jews)

No, you didn't assume anything.

Germlat

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 08:02 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your deflecting attention from the main issue. You clearly stated the only foreigners who have problems in the southeast are foreign a-holes. You think the S.E. Is less bigoted , than the North. You clearly stated your views. I didn't have to assume your views. Anyone interested can go back and read what you posted.
panzade

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
found it (Southeast)less bigoted that the northeast in which I lived for 30 years

Come on!
Seriously?
I'll grant you this:
Bigotry is nationwide. The only difference is that down "South" we don't hide it behind a smoke-screen of P.C.
Foofie

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 05:29 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
found it (Southeast)less bigoted that the northeast in which I lived for 30 years

Come on!
Seriously?
I'll grant you this:
Bigotry is nationwide. The only difference is that down "South" we don't hide it behind a smoke-screen of P.C.

The fallacy, in my opinion, that I've been reading is the inference that the majority can be the only bigots. The recipients of prejudice can be quite bigoted against those who are the movers and shakers, so to speak, of the region. Come back in two hundred years, and society will just reflect the most fecund, in my opinion. Naturally, there will be a few elitists that maintained DNA purity, so to speak, but they might have already abandoned ship, so to speak?

At some point the government might mandate DNA testing for correct medical/health handling. Then watch the shiess fly, when old line families realize that not everyone in the family tree had a proper upbringing. It might be just a matter of time until the shiess flies!!!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 05:52 pm
@Foofie,
Don't know where you get your ideas from, but it's full of shiess.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 06:08 pm
I want the humour back.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 06:15 pm
@Wilso,
Me too.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 05:09 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Your deflecting attention from the main issue. You clearly stated the only foreigners who have problems in the southeast are foreign a-holes. You think the S.E. Is less bigoted , than the North. You clearly stated your views. I didn't have to assume your views. Anyone interested can go back and read what you posted.

By all means go back and read what I posted.

If anyone can find how what I posted "clearly" states that I believe that any foreigner having a problem in the SE is a foreign a-hole, I will be most interested. (Excluding you, of course).

You are an idiot.

You fly off the handle with insults and then have the temerity to object when you receive the same in (moderated) kind.

As previously suggested...pack sand.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 05:15 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:

Come on!
Seriously?
I'll grant you this:

Yes, seriously .

I lived for 30 years in the New York Metro area ( includes The City and Long Island)

I have lived for 30 years in Charlotte NC and Dallas Tx.

Clearly I didn't live everywhere in the North and everywhere in the South, and so my pronouncement is based on my personal experience. I stand by it though.

What's your personal experience as respects living in the North and the South, and bigotry.?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 05:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh and you are such a yuckster.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 05:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
What's your personal experience as respects living in the North and the South, and bigotry.?

I already stated it:
The only difference I saw in the 30 years I lived in the North and the 30 years I've lived in the South is that in Dixie people are overtly and unapologetically racist.
In the North bigotry is obscured by a P.C. smoke screen.