Is this malicious enough to end our relationship?

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:21 pm
I told my gf of one year now when we first got together that my son was not my blood son but he has always been my son since an earlier past relationship whom I also have a daughter from. I said this in confidence as she would never repeat it. Now she has not only told all of her family but also throws the information around constantly trying to hurt me and him. Sometimes argues in front of my children and says it when it doesn't have anything to do with the disagreement. When I later told her never repeat that again and to hurt him and me by saying it is sick he is only 6 and as far as I'm concerned I've raised him and his sister and have custody so he is my son in my eyes 100%. She responded she has the right to say it and didn't say his name directly in front of him and she has every right to repeat information I've given her. Is this grounds for me to end our relationship completely

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:23 pm
As good as any reason. Do it. She's too angry about something.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:49 am
@Bryan24889,
Yes
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:53 am
@Bryan24889,
You and your children deserve better. This is the person who supposedly cares about you.

Time to protect your children from her childish verbal abuse.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:51 am
@Butrflynet,
This woman doesn't respect your feelings, and she is hostile toward your children. She will make you and your children miserable. It's Toxic, find someone else.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm
@Bryan24889,
I concur with everyone else. You need to walk away.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:38 pm
What kind of woman lashes out at her man by degrading or mocking children?

Get rid of this woman ASAP. She is cruel and insensitive.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:54 pm
@Bryan24889,
Whoa. She's one nasty piece of business.

Run, don't walk to get away from her.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:13 pm
@Bryan24889,
There's no trust, she betrayed a confidence, not only that she's hurting your son. Get rid.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Agreeing with all (a refreshing change, eh?).

Run, don't walk, and do it right away.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 09:00 pm
@Bryan24889,
So Bryan, are you going to dump this woman or let her continue to make your children feel like crap? Just because they're young doesn't mean they don't feel the sting. They won't forget mistreatment by a non-parent when they get older and become adults. She may not last long in your life, but for as long as you live you will either be protective dad, or wimpy dad. No one respects wimpy dads who don't protect their children.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 12:31 pm
@Bryan24889,
Bryan24889 wrote:

Is this grounds for me to end our relationship completely

Dump her already. She has some serious issues going on and your son (and he is your son despite the lack of sharing common genes) doesn't deserve to be the butt of her misguided/misplaced rage.

Quote:
I said this in confidence as she would never repeat it. Now she has not only told all of her family but also throws the information around constantly trying to hurt me and him. Sometimes argues in front of my children and says it when it doesn't have anything to do with the disagreement.

Just curious? What country do you live in? And does your girlfriend think you guy's are living in the 1950's where labels like bastard are considered legitimate reasons to shame a family?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 12:41 pm
Quote:
Bryan said: I told my gf of one year now when we first got together that my son was not my blood son....Now she has not only told all of her family but also throws the information around constantly trying to hurt me and him.

You must be nuts to stay with her!
Anyway two can play at her little game, warn her to shut up or you'll start telling people things about her that she'd preder them not to know..Wink
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 02:47 am
@Bryan24889,
+1 to everyones sentiments.

A person who puts children down in such a nasty and destructive way...should never be around children.
0 Replies

dianacoco

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 07:16 am
@Bryan24889,
Bryan, you should do it no matter how hard it seems. Just imagine your future with this woman, if she doesn't love your kids now, she will never do. Are you ready to sacrifice your family to be with a person who doesn't want to accept and love you for who you are?
0 Replies