dating a shy and conservative girl

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 03:01 pm
I just started dating a 3o year woman. We have been to two dates. The first date was dinner and we talked for 2 hours. The second date was a movie. She was tired, so we just watched a movie at the theater. She is a nice woman. Nothing physical other than hugs at the beginning and the end of a date. We only text each other to set up dates. I called her right after the first date to set up a second date, but she did not pick up the phone and responded with a text. I offered her pickup for our second date, but she said she preferred to meet me at the theater. I guess she is not completely comfortable with me yet. I am thinking about hiking as our third date since she likes hiking.

How do you guys date a shy girl to make things advance? I do not want to mess it up by rushing, but at the same time I don't want to be friendzoned. Thank you for your input.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,108 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed

OmSigDAVID

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 03:24 pm
@889966754,
That 's an interesting question:
how to avoid getting friendzoned.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:29 pm
There's more going on here than shyness.
nazia08

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:02 am
There are plenty of non conservative girls out there take one of them out.
0 Replies

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Could you elaborate on that, please?
0 Replies

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:04 am
I think she is interested in me since she said yes to two dates. I don't text her so often and never text my feelings at all, so I do not think I sound desperate, either.

I would like to start with holding her hands, but I don't know when to do that. Maybe when we go hiking on our third date???
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:06 am
Quote:
I guess she is not completely comfortable with me yet. I am thinking about hiking as our third date since she likes hiking.
let us know how that goes for you, I am thinking that there is no chance she wants to get stuck with you in the middle of no where.

You went to a movie, and did nothing else? A movie is what you do when you dont want to have to talk to the person you are with. A decent date has to include at least diner, a better date will also include sex.

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:13 am
@hawkeye10,
She mentioned at the end of our first date that we could go hiking together. That is why I am thinking she would say yes.

We went to the movies after she finished working this past Saturday. I asked her after the movie if she wanted to grab something to eat and she said she was tired and it was already late (we came out of the movie at 9:30 pm.) So, that was the end of the second date. I texted her next day saying, "thank you for coming to the movie. it was nice to see you again." She texted me right back and said, "yes. thank you for the movie! sorry I wasn't much company... tired and headache."

The reason why I took her to the movie is I just wanted to do something different from the first date and since I knew she was working on Sat, I wanted to do something relaxing.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Mon 24 Mar, 2014 04:56 pm
She's 30? Has she had other male relationships?

She seems quite normal after just 2 times with you. What more do you want?

But step it up a notch - Holding hands is NOT an aggressive gesture. Try this and see what happens.

If she backs down at just holding hands, then you need to move on. There may be more issue than you think with her than just being shy.
0 Replies