Should I trust my instincts?

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:49 am
There’s this guy in my school, whom just became friends with me. Most people I know of seem to dislike him in some sort of way and because of this he’s quite lonely. He seems like an okay guy, but every time he approaches me I get this feeling that’s telling me to stay away from him. I do not know or understand why I have these feelings, he seems normal. Is he just trying to be friends with me without any other intention? Also the fact that he’s lonely makes me worried that if I were to stop hanging out with him, he might suffer more. I really do not know how to tell him to stop hanging out with me without hurting his feelings. But like I said I do not know if I should follow my instincts or continue being friends/hanging out with him. What on earth do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 16 • Views: 14,079 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed

Butrflynet

Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:25 pm
@helpthehelperhelpher,
Maybe, tell him about the feeling you get when you approach him and ask if there is anything wrong.

Maybe quietly talk with some of the other people and ask them about him to see if there is anything you should know.

Let your gut tell you what to do after that.

0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 20 Mar, 2014 03:36 am
@helpthehelperhelpher,
Trust your instincts.

It's okay to question them to (sometimes they are based on misguided information) - but in the end, trust them (because most times it's based on signals our subconscious perceives but our conscious doesn't).
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Thu 20 Mar, 2014 02:46 pm
Is he new at school? Why do others think he's "weird"?

It is no work on your part to be friendly to this person. After a while, you will get to know them. But give him the benefit of the doubt. He might just have a more shy personality.

Don't feel as though you have to give him your life, just a bit of friendliness.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 1 Jul, 2014 02:10 pm
Jesus Christ! Why would anybody tell some poor lonely dude, "Hey, I have this feeling that I can't explain that you are weird and that I should stay away from you." For God's sake, don't tell anybody that horseshit.

Additionally, please don't point out the poor innocent person who's already having social challenges and ask people if they feel weird about him, too. You could ruin this guy's life for NO REASON.

Jesus.

Either be nice to him and get to know him - or just avoid him. Please don't do that other crap.
tsarstepan

Tue 1 Jul, 2014 02:27 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Jesus Christ! ...

I don't think that person is ever coming back since he posted this in March.
roger

Tue 1 Jul, 2014 03:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
Maybe that means she didn't follow her instincts - and should have.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
s/he's back with a new question
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
He or she posted that he (or she) read a relationship book. Thus the username.

He is one I actually did now thumb down since the advice, while usually just stupid, can be dangerous, as in this case, potentially hurting a troubled person.
0 Replies

Curiosity Is Key

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 12:36 am
Talk to him about what your feeling and try to continue being friends with him.
0 Replies

triloknath tripathi

Thu 13 Nov, 2014 06:24 am
@helpthehelperhelpher,
Speak truth in such a way that it should be pleasing to him & don,t think about yourself always , help your friend to come out of loneliness .
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Thu 13 Nov, 2014 08:12 am
@tsarstepan,
Lash wrote:
Jesus Christ! ...
tsarstepan wrote:
I don't think that person is ever coming back
Did he SAY that he was coming back ?

tsarstepan wrote:
since he posted this in March.
U say that he was posting here in March?? of what year ?
0 Replies