Something no one on A2K knows about you...

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 02:47 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
You beat me, Johnboy. Mine speech was only funny to me.. some time later.

I was a frightened girl giving a speech (don't remember what about) that I had worried myself sick over for weeks - the speaking, not the text. I was saved by the fire drill bell. Class left the building, and I didn't get all frightened again once we got back.

That doesn't count though re this thread, as I've told that before here, somewhere.
U get to choose what u will fear
and u can select the degree of emotional intensity to apply to that fear.

That works for other emotions, too.

U will define your reality in your preferred beliefs.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 07:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Not only can I make friends with anyone, dogs love me.

I certainly very much appreciate people who take dogs from pounds, but I have no problem what-so-ever with people taking dogs from breeders.

I hope you don't either.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 07:29 pm
@glitterbag,
The operative word is "can."
glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 07:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have an uncanny ability to predict how certain people will respond to me on line.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 07:45 pm
I robbed a bread truck.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 07:48 pm
Nobody on a2k knows I love to travel. Mr. Green
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 08:09 pm
I once climbed the cone of an active volcano at night. Back when I was a teenager. Specifically, during the summer of 1968 before I started my senior year in high school (which I hated, by the way).

I was participating in the Amigos de las Americas, which was a medical charity that provided free inoculations for villagers in Honduras and Guatemala. Most of the volunteers were high-school students. (Don't ask me how I was allowed to participate. I couldn't even speak Spanish! Drunk ) I was sent to Guatemala, where I ended up staying with staff personnel at the town of Jutiapa on a Guatemalan Army base.

One night we all went out to climb the cone of an active volcano. Being as dumb as I was at that point in my life, I didn't think to bring along a camera! Rolling Eyes When we had arrived at our destination, we first climbed up a steep hill that was covered with dense underbrush. Half the time I couldn't see where I was stepping. Soon I got stung by something, but it wasn't serious. Like I said, I -- no, I take that back -- we were quite stupid. One of us could have been bitten by a snake if our luck hadn't been good. The climb was a strenuous one.

Eventually we reached an area where the ground leveled off quite abruptly. I still remember the gritty feel of the ground beneath our feet. Might have been pumice.

About seven yards ahead of us, the ground dipped about three or four feet; and the incline of the volcanic cone began at that point. We intended to climb all the way to the top of the ridge so we could look down inside; but, thankfully, we eventually decided to not do that. That was something that actually made me nervous.

I said the volcano was active. At one point on the cone, there was an opening of some kind where lava spewed out like water shooting up in a park fountain. A gnarled dead tree stood against this background of bright orange while behind us was the darkness of night, the lights of Jutiapa lit in the far distance away from us. Truly a bizarre sight! Cool

I have regretted since that I didn't think to bring a camera, but at least I didn't get bit by a snake! Razz

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 08:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I knew that. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 06:45 am
@chai2,
I encouraged robbing a bus in college (and we did and fortunately did not get caught). It was just a temporary robbery - we left it running where it would be found in not too much length of time and ran.

(another thing I like about you)
neologist

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:07 pm
I sometimes use my alternate brain
glitterbag

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:49 pm
@neologist,
A few times a year, I search for and capture Somali parents. Pirates are way too fast.
neologist

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 10:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Sounds dangerous. Yet it could be lucrative.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 11:34 pm
@neologist,
A2K does not know I am a man.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 01:47 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I encouraged robbing a bus in college (and we did and fortunately did not get caught). It was just a temporary robbery - we left it running where it would be found in not too much length of time and ran.

(another thing I like about you)
Like a stagecoach robbery
or a train robbery ?? Like Jesse James ?
roger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 01:56 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I think it was just a heist.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 02:12 am
@roger,
Yeah! That 's what Jesse James used to do.
I dunno if the victims shot back!
roger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 02:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Ah, no. I meant they stole the bus. Jesse just took the money.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 02:52 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Ah, no. I meant they stole the bus. Jesse just took the money.
Well, we don t know
how well Linkat made out with her robbery.
roger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 03:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, we do. They abandoned the bus with the engine running. I would call it a break even deal.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2014 04:31 am
@roger,
Did thay abandon the robbery victims??
Did thay break even ?