Something no one on A2K knows about you...

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:23 am
I once came second in a Jason Donovan singalike competition wearing a bald cap, As if things weren't bad enough, I won an online Karaoke competition singing I will always love you by Whitney Houston.

I hang my head....
Foofie

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 12:34 pm
I can morph into an Hispanic identity, in the eyes of other shoppers, by saying two words in Spanish to the Hispanic cashier, with the correct trilling of the "r."

So few NYC Caucasians seem to take a language these days in school, beyond perhaps one year, few can mimic the correct accent. Skipping a grade in Junior High School, I took Spanish at age 12, and was young enough to learn the correct pronounciation. Hispanics know I'm not authentic, but the Caucasians don't know, since many live in a world reminiscent of Ralph Kramden, in my opinion.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 12:37 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Hispanics know I'm not authentic, but the Caucasians don't know, since many live in a world reminiscent of Ralph Kramden, in my opinion.
and this benefits you how? According to the left you are white and thus privileged, why would you ever pretend to slum it?
Foofie

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 12:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Hispanics know I'm not authentic, but the Caucasians don't know, since many live in a world reminiscent of Ralph Kramden, in my opinion.
and this benefits you how? According to the left you are white and thus privileged, why would you ever pretend to slum it?

I have nothing against Hispanics. They often have been nicer to me than Caucasians. Anyway, morphing into another identity can be a good way to keep an annoying Caucasian "ethnic" fron engaging me in some boring/annoying "male bonding" conversation. How you doin'?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 10:53 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I can morph into an Hispanic identity, in the eyes of other shoppers, by saying two words in Spanish to the Hispanic cashier, with the correct trilling of the "r."

So few NYC Caucasians seem to take a language these days in school, beyond perhaps one year, few can mimic the correct accent. Skipping a grade in Junior High School, I took Spanish at age 12, and was young enough to learn the correct pronounciation. Hispanics know I'm not authentic, but the Caucasians don't know, since many live in a world reminiscent of Ralph Kramden, in my opinion.
Do u dress in the traditional Black Jewish clothing,
or wear your hair in the traditional Jewish fashion?

David
Foofie

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:45 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Why do you correlate Hispanics with "slumming"? Why do you think the "left" only considers me white? I'm asking two questions, since you are so curious about my reply to the thread's question.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foofie wrote:

David

Your curiosity is not part of the thread's question.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I can make anyone my friend.

That's true, we share everything, including family vacations.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 11:13 am
@Foofie,

Foofie wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
Foofie wrote:
Its relevant to your post of:
morphing into an Hispanic identity, in the eyes of other shoppers.

Do u agree ?

Of course, if u prefer that we not know,
then I respect that.
Foofie

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 12:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foofie wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
Foofie wrote:

Do u agree ?

then I respect that.

It's not that I prefer you to not know. I prefer you to not be intrusive, in my opinion, about that which is beyond my response to the thread's original question. It has to do with my perception of inappropriate curiosity, considering I never ask you anything about yourself. I learned well the teaching of the basic training sergeant to M.Y.O.B., to get through the next four years with the least friction amongst recruits. It is really great wisdom, and might even reflect a mature approach to the world, considering I am not a celebrity that one should show interest in.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:04 pm
@Foofie,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foofie wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
Foofie wrote:

Do u agree ?

then I respect that.
Foofie wrote:
It's not that I prefer you to not know. I prefer you to not be intrusive, in my opinion, about that which is beyond my response to the thread's original question. It has to do with my perception of inappropriate curiosity, considering I never ask you anything about yourself. I learned well the teaching of the basic training sergeant to M.Y.O.B., to get through the next four years with the least friction amongst recruits. It is really great wisdom, and might even reflect a mature approach to the world, considering I am not a celebrity that one should show interest in.
OK. In that case, I withdraw the question and substitute an apology.

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:53 pm
@Smileyrius,
HA. It is beyond the Stashu of limitations so I can now tell you that my field partners (and subsequent friends) and I WON a barroom singing contest by singing
"THE BIRD"
We practiced all the way in from Maseru (Lesotho) in a Rover singing and practicing the unique phraseology of this popular song for the deranged

We drove for about two days to Capetown and were met by bunches of folks who were singing folks songs .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 02:23 pm
I played Joseph in the school nativity play aged about 7.
farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:09 pm
@izzythepush,
of Aramethea, the Carpenter, Hooker, or the Bartender?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:19 pm
@izzythepush,
At the age of about fourteen (which would have been 1960) I was in a public speaking class. There was some sort of event at a school PTA event. I gave a short speech entitled "The Management of News."
Why anyone thought that that would be an appropriate topic is beyond me. Perhaps some teacher was encouraging me to be interested in current events.
Anyway, due to the onset of puberty and a missing tooth, the audience thought they heard...
The Management of Nudes

vonny

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 03:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
Love it! Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
At the age of about fourteen (which would have been 1960) I was in a public speaking class.
There was some sort of event at a school PTA event.
I gave a short speech entitled "The Management of News."
Why anyone thought that that would be an appropriate topic is beyond me.
Perhaps some teacher was encouraging me to be interested in current events.
Anyway, due to the onset of puberty and a missing tooth, the audience thought they heard...
The Management of Nudes
That happened to a professional TV newsman too.
I saw that among some Bloopers on TV.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 07:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
You beat me, Johnboy. Mine speech was only funny to me.. some time later.

I was a frightened girl giving a speech (don't remember what about) that I had worried myself sick over for weeks - the speaking, not the text. I was saved by the fire drill bell. Class left the building, and I didn't get all frightened again once we got back.

That doesn't count though re this thread, as I've told that before here, somewhere.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 02:23 am
@farmerman,
I was too drunk to remember.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 02:45 am
@realjohnboy,
I won a public speaking award in junior high school. My pronunciation was poifect. Poifect, I tell ya.
0 Replies