depo provera for 16 year old with menstrual probs

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 07:22 pm
My 16 year daughter has had heavy heavy periods since day one of starting her period at age 12. We went to the doctor and tried one birth control pill. She started taking it and within a week she started bleeding non stop. So we went back and she started another one which made her sick to her stomache all the time. So back we went again, and this one has been great until this month and it started to make her nauseated. So someone mentioned depo provera. I know nothing about this birth control. It has been 20 years since I have taken birth control. My younger sister was unable to take any type of birth control and I am starting to think this is my daughter's fate. Help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 2

Ragman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 08:29 pm
@Jennifer from NB,
I would strongly advise talking to a doctor. A stranger's opinion on the Internet really is not where you should be looking for such serious medical advice.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 08:32 pm
@Jennifer from NB,
It might work. But, since you would need a prescription, the next step is to see a doctor.
0 Replies