A Rare Serious Post

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:57 am
Please take a few minutes, open this link and act on it. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/Hope4KidsNC

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:06 am
check
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 01:00 pm
It is not possible to explain to someone who is not the parent of a child with intractable seizure disorder how it is ALWAYS, 24 hours a day 365 days a year in the back of your mind. Even if my son is in the company of other relatives, when he walks to the store or karate, when he's alone in the house for even a short length of time...the parent of a special needs child can NEVER really get any personal time to relax. If the phone rings you wonder if there's a problem. Epilepsy deserves just as much attention as any of the "sexy" disorders in the world. It cripples the chances any child might otherwise have for a normal life and ripples out to everyone in that child's circle, and it's not outgrown. It's a lifetime thing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

You faked me out here, Bear.

I came to the thread wondering what "the catch" was going to be...but you actually did make a serious post on a serious subject.

Seizures are horrible...which I know from personal experience. Mine are now under control by use of Keppra...2 grams a day!

Sorry your son is going through this...sorry you are also.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:35 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Is this a website other than on facebook?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 06:57 am
@ossobuco,
http://hope4childrenwithepilepsy.com/about-us/
0 Replies