Relationships and marriage

AaronJW

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:33 am
I have a problem with the manor in which humans think about these topics. If I want to be in a relationship, I have to tie myself down with only one person. With the 7-billion plus humans on planet earth, this is rather unfair. If there are certain things I want personality wise in a person, then the concept of "the one" is rather troubling. There are at least 100 potential mates that could suit my fancy, and the same goes for each of them. Why should I spend the rest of my existence with one person when there are so many others that could be better? That seems like a very close-minded view.

chai2

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:44 am
@AaronJW,
You don't have to do any of that.

You're not alone in these feelings. You need to find others that feel as you do.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:08 pm
@AaronJW,
Quote:
If I want to be in a relationship, I have to tie myself down with only one person.
You don't have to do that. But you will need to find women who don't mind being in a relationship with a guy and sharing him with however many others you would like.

Quote:
this is rather unfair.
Life ain't fair. Get over it.

Quote:
Why should I spend the rest of my existence with one person when there are so many others that could be better?
You don't have to spend your life with one person. Hop from woman to woman your entire life if you choose to do so. No law says you cannot.
AaronJW

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 04:45 pm
@CoastalRat,
(1) the problem is that most women are brainwashed to believe that you should only be with one person.

(2) you may believe that, but life is much more unfair than it should be and that I will not accept.

(3) if I wouldn't be socially berated for doing so, I would.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 06:05 pm
@AaronJW,
You make a lot of assumptions.

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 06:31 pm
@AaronJW,
You don't have to be tied down to anyone. Plenty of people out there for you. Don't believe the hype. There are just as many females with your mentality...just know to pick. Don't lie...be honest. It'll pay off.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 07:09 pm
Nothing any testosterone laden youth hasn't thought on before.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:39 am
Most men just love hearing about a woman's feelings, and her day. Usually one is just not enough, we want to hear about another woman's day and her feelings, and another. There's just so many days and feelings, and we want to hear about them all.
0 Replies

AaronJW

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What does that signify?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 06:00 am
@AaronJW,
Quote:
(1) the problem is that most women are brainwashed to believe that you should only be with one person.
Bullcrap.

Quote:
(2) you may believe that, but life is much more unfair than it should be and that I will not accept.
Exactly how unfair should life be?

Quote:
(3) if I wouldn't be socially berated for doing so, I would.
Nobody really cares how you live your life. Get over yourself. You're not that important.
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 07:51 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

Get over yourself. You're not that important.

That's it in a nutshell.

Not at all directing it back to the OP

It applies to all of us.

When we realize we're not that important in this sense, we're free to pursue our happiness, as long as it doesn't hurt others.
0 Replies

AaronJW

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:24 am
@CoastalRat,
(1) it's not and you know it.

(2) That's a topic for discussion on its own.

(3) I'm afraid your first sentence is wrong. And no human is important on a grand scale, so that goes without saying.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:43 am
@AaronJW,
Quote:
(1) it's not and you know it.
Fine. Prove it. Oh wait, you can't. But I can prove that it is bullcrap. It will take only one female member of A2K to tell you she is not brainwashed to think that way for me to prove your statement false. But I bet I can direct a lot of them this way to emphasize the ridiculousness of your statement.

Quote:
(2) That's a topic for discussion on its own.
Agreed.

Quote:
(3) I'm afraid your first sentence is wrong. And no human is important on a grand scale, so that goes without saying.
Let me make a small amendment then to clarify my statement. Nobody really cares if you are screwing 1 woman or 50 women at a time. Society, as a whole, could not care. I bet very few people anywhere care if you live with 1 woman or 5. Try it and prove me wrong. Move 5 women into your home and see if you get anyone showing up at your door attacking you for it. You won't. Nobody cares. Nor should they. It is your life to live as you please. (Marrying all 5 would be an issue, but that is between you and the government. Most individuals couldn't care less.)
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:47 am
@AaronJW,
Oh great, so now you've resorted to the ever popular "nuh uh, is too"

uh uh, all girls are all brainwashed and everything. They all want the same thing. I know because I talked to one once.

If you don't want to marry, don't marry.

A lot of women don't want to marry, for the exact same reasons you do.
A lot of women want multiple partners, either simultaneously, or in succession.

Seriously.

And coastal rat is right. The vast majority of people couldn't care less how many people any individual is having sex, or a relationship with.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 10:22 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

I can prove that it is bullcrap. It will take only one female member of A2K to tell you she is not brainwashed to think that way for me to prove your statement false.

You've got that female right here Coastal.

In fact, as far as that goes, at this point 100% of the respondents (4 I think) believe that's bullshit.

So it goes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 10:34 am
This joker's English sucks, too.

Is this the manor in which people think about these things?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LbEOZqOqjYs/TRtZl8Nz64I/AAAAAAAATF0/RI7xuRhLDn8/s1600/English%2BManor%2BHouse.jpg
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 10:36 am
@Setanta,
Where I live, it's pronouned May-ner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manor,_Texas

0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 04:36 pm
@CoastalRat,
I would say that statement is both bullshit and offensive.
Maybe you should stop watching mainstream media and go and meet some interesting (and REAL) women -- A2K is a good place to start!
chai2

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 04:38 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
You think that people don't really care how many people you choose to sleep with is bullshit?
CoastalRat

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:06 am
@chai2,
I hope Pentacle is referring to the OP's statement about women being brainwashed.