It's not too late for the Dems to draft somebody else

suzy

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 09:54 pm
Wouldn't a Bullworth be really cool? Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:14 am
eoe wrote:
Can Naders' people vote Bush out of office? Are there enough of you to do that?

Probably not.

But we could have ... if the Democrats had had the guts to give us a candidate who represents a real choice.

(edit, reword last sentence)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 07:36 am
So, if you can't put Nader in office, you'd just as soon leave the idiot that's in there now?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 08:58 am
Of course not. I just don't accept the choice you are offering.

You are telling me that in order to get Bush out of office I need to vote for a a candidate who is not only mediocre and uninspiring but who holds positions that I find morally offensive.

A vote for Nader is a vote for conscience. It says that the Democrats can't take the votes of progressives for granted when it doesn't support our views.

If you vote for Kerry even though he doesn't represent your viewpoint, you are supporting the position that gives us these horrible choices. You are telling the Democrats that they don't need to stand for anything.

I find the fact that there is no one who represents progressive positions to be a "grave crisis".

Don't blame the loss of my vote on Nader. I wouldn't vote for Kerry even if Nader didn't exist. I am only glad that Nader provides a way to make my "non-Kerry" vote count.

Sure, I would love to see Bush lose. I am just not willing to prostitute my vote to a spineless Democratic party with no vision.
0 Replies

yilmaz101

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 09:45 am
well what you guys should do is repeal that ammendment limitting the president to two terms and re-elect clinton. Now that guy knew how to handle foreign affairs.... He visited turkey right after that big earthquake we had in 99, people here basically fell in love with him... so it seems the rest of the world..... I'll bet that in 20 years time people will look back and realize it was more or less a golden age for the US, the clinton administration I mean.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 10:03 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Sure, I would love to see Bush lose. I am just not willing to prostitute my vote to a spineless Democratic party with no vision.

I'd prostitute my vote in a hot New York minute to see that clown out of office. Of course, I'll cry all the way to the polls but if that's what it takes, so be it.
0 Replies