How to know if she likes me?

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 04:12 am
Hey guys, look i know that there are many answers about this topic, but i will feel more satisfied if the answers were towards me. so anyway, there is this girl that i work with. well, she is very pretty and i like her, but i don't want to show it too much and get rejected or something. when she sees me, she mostly comes and say hi or something. she always smiles when i talk to her and seems really shy. should i just go straight and tell her that i like her, or should i just wait for more signs? please answer seriously and no jokers?

Thank you in advance!

BaileyWilson

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 04:17 am
@Ciscostudent,
Go and directly tell her, this is because if she is doesn't like you today then why to be in myth that she might like you after waiting for some more hints from her. Yaah, but take it easy and let your proposal be nice and good. Don't expect an instant Yes or No. Best of luck mate.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 06:41 am
@Ciscostudent,
Use these words.

"Hi, Cheryl (or whatever her name is), do you want to get a coffee?"

And go and have a nice time and don't talk about how much you like her, or ask if she likes you. When it's done, say, "I had a really nice time. I'd like to take you to dinner soon. You know, on a date."

And see what she says.
chai2

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 07:08 am
@jespah,
When I was dating, I don't remember anyone ever coming up to me and saying "I like you" or me saying that to them. At least not until after quite a few dates.

If someone accepts you invitation to coffee, then accepts an invitation to a date, then continues to see you, it's pretty clear they like you. It's not like you need to hear those words when the two of you are being friendly, laughing, having good conversations and having a good time together. Connect the dots.

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 07:23 am
@chai2,
Same here. The big feelings declarations happened later. I swear, this generation wants to cut to the chase all the time, without an ounce of preliminaries (and it's the preliminaries that often make the process a lot more fun and interesting).
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 07:25 am
@Ciscostudent,
I'm guessing this is the same girl who in the other thread you started has a boyfriend, or so you were told? Seems like you are asking the same thing here (what should I do?) as you are asking on the other thread, just in a slightly different way and without telling us that you've been told she has a boyfriend.

I can't help but wonder why you started two different threads. But anyway, my response is the same, so you can check your other thread for my answer.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 07:53 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Same here. The big feelings declarations happened later. I swear, this generation wants to cut to the chase all the time, without an ounce of preliminaries (and it's the preliminaries that often make the process a lot more fun and interesting).

I was thinking about that while typing my last post. Seems really true.

Also, there seems to be this disconnect from observing the other person, and not relying of what they are texting.

I don't know if a lot of these newer relationship threads are for real or not. If they are, we're in a pretty sad state.

#1 it's like younger adults have reverted to the maturity level of a third grader, in that they need to hear "uh...I like you" Thinking about it, is this related to the fact that on FB you "friend" someone, or "like" them?

#2 the the recent relationship OP's have a huge disconnect in recognizing human interactions. As in "she smiles at me and talks to me and went out of her way to bring me a coffee and I notice her looking at me. Do you think she likes me?"

Then, when they are told, yes, I would definatley say she "likes you" they have to ask again 14 different ways.

OH! Related to this wanting to cut to the chase thing, with no fun prelims....If they are rejected it's as if the world has come to an end.
It's not even as if the world has been destroyed because they really know a lot about this person, and have developed true feelings for them over time. It more like "I asked you if you liked me, you said no, I don't know what to do with that even though we've only "known" each other 2 days via online.
jespah

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:04 pm
@chai2,
I recall blogging about this a few months ago; the post is called "Hesitation Generation".
Bella Dea

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:19 pm
Sniff her butt and lick her face. If she turns around and sniffs yours, you're in.
chai2

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:24 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I recall blogging about this a few months ago; the post is called "Hesitation Generation".

Could you PM me the link to that?

0 Replies

DarkCrow

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:28 pm
@Bella Dea,
My Jack Russell agrees!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 10:30 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Sniff her butt and lick her face. If she turns around and sniffs yours, you're in.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:28 pm
@Ciscostudent,
Ciscostudent wrote:
should i just go straight and tell her that i like her,

no

_____

read what Jespah has written - pay attention to that advice - it is good
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:47 pm
@Ciscostudent,
Again, find out if what your work mate claimed that she has a boyfriend is true or not before you tell her anything or look for any such signs.

There is no point if she has one and is happy..
0 Replies