his feelings

josh376

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 04:18 am
i,m a 48 year old gay guy and have been alone for 7 years and have been diagnosed with terminal cancer. in november last year i met an amazing 18 year old guy and we clicked. since then our friendship has grown in leaps and bounds. recently i told him how much i loved him and to my surprise he said he felt the same yet he is straight. 2 days ago we hugged and i kissed him on the cheek and he responded by giving me one back. he has now told me he is in love with me. but i was told by a friend that he has a girlfriend yet he spends almost most of his time with me. the way he acts round me tells me his feelings go way deeper than he is saying yet he never talks about the girlfriend i truly love this guy but i,m still not sure how far he is prepared to go, should i talk to him about what i,m feeling or let things pan out and see what happens.

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 08:05 am
@josh376,
First off, I'm sorry for your diagnosis.

Being in love with someone is a pretty damned clear signal. Plus I'm guessing you don't have an enormous amount of time to lose. But nowhere in here are you talking about your treatment. I would imagine that would be a huge portion of your life right now.

Having a positive, fulfilling relationship would be helpful, certainly. Getting your heart broken when you are this sick would be rather harmful. What does your doctor say (I'm being serious here) about you making radical life changes right now?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 09:34 am
@jespah,
Couldn't have said it better myself.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:05 pm
@josh376,
Josh - please be careful in what kind of people you have around you at this time in your life.

You may be very vulnerable financially and emotionally. As someone said, you don't need a broken heart at this time in your life.

Since his story is so confusing and contradictory, I am hesitant to say he has good intentions for you. Please keep him at a healthy distance and do not allow him access to your accounts or personal property.

Enjoy whatever love you have coming your way - but be discerning, too.

God bless you at this time.
0 Replies

josh376

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 10:29 pm
@jespah,
hi and thanks for replying, firstly there is no chance of any treatment, due to the type of cancer i have there is nothing that can be done. secondly i spoke to my doctor and told him about my guy and he said it was probably the best thing i could do as having someone beside me could go a long way to helping me fight this cancer. i told my guy how i felt and he assures me that his feelings have and will not change about me. i told him that i was worried that his girlfriend might try to split us up but he has told me straight that that will not happen if she makes him choose, he will pick me. yet his feelings for me are very deep and he told me today that he loves me so i asked him straight out what he really wanted from me. he simply said that nonone had given him love like i had and there was no way he was going to lose that love not even for a girlfriend yet i cannot shake the feeling that this girlfriend will win in the end. i feel like i,m walking a tight rope now but i don,t want to lose this guy. he understands about the cancer and he,s been very supportive of me yet i feel i am going to be alone again. people say that having cancer does not change how people feel well let me tell all of you that is total crap. since i was diagnosed almost all of my close friends have left except my guy so yes having cancer does change how people perceive you you get told that you,re deseased or that they will catch it. i guess now i will have to spend what time i have alone again and after 7 years alone i don,t want to go there again just wish i knew what my guy really wants now me or her??
jespah

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 06:46 am
@josh376,
See another doctor. Even terminal patients get palliative care, or doctors learn of experimental trials.

And protect your assets. This all smells incredibly rotten. Get an attorney, write out your will, and give what you've got to the charity of your choice. And tell this guy that you're doing so, and see if he sticks around.
0 Replies