So, did you give your pet a present?

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:29 pm
I didn't, but I thought about it. He did get a good comb out...which he likes. Corgis have a double thick coat, and produce prodigious wafts of pillowy hair, so that kills two, oops wrong analogy. So that knocks off two items at once, making him happy and getting rid of potential falling dog hair.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,974 • Replies: 17
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 12:35 pm
at this very moment i am off to get my parrot something shiny.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 01:54 pm
My pets are so spoiled they don't really need anything. My horse is all shined up and polished daily, and the dog lives like a king curled up in down comforter (crib blanket). The three cats live in the garage, sleep in this unbelievable bed they must crawl into.

Well, these are our kids.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 02:39 pm
Not this year, but I did take the office cat home for christmas to meet the boys. After an extended period of mutual hissing and growling, they had a great time. Still, on Christmas day, I took Barney back to the office.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 02:51 pm
No.

Then again - this year it was christmas food to take to all the parties, or sober, sensible food for me - and the parties won! So - the cats were lucky their food stayed at its normal, high, standard.

(Oh, it's ok, I have been paid again...)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 03:03 pm
Usually yes, they get loads...this year..nope...just found some of those loads tucked beneath a large piece of furniture...so, it was like getting presents...they hadnt seen them in a while obviously.
They did get a can of great Tuna for the morning meal and brushed out, lots of attention, so...I think it went well for them.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 03:46 pm
My daughter hung up a Xmas stocking for our cat, and filled it with things she made & sprinkled with catnip. the cat, however, is more interested in drinking the water out of the Xmas tree stand and batting the ornaments off of the lower part of the tree.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 11:01 pm
Hey ossobuco,
I guess my Corgi is more spoiled then your Corgi. Very Happy
My Corgi "Sparky" got both chicken and beef flavored rawhide chips, as well as a coated bone and her favorite ball in her stocking for Christmas.
How well I know about that extra coat of hair that needs to be brushed out. I should have brushed her out a couple of weeks ago.
I've got an idea, I'll send you my "Sparky" next Christmas, and you can brush her out and give her a bath. You can send me your Corgi (I don't know his name) and I'll have a stocking waiting with presents he loves.
I'll even let him open his presents himself.
Do we have a deal?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 11:06 pm
I did, it's a furry cat face with a twining, circling tail, made of wire, so when you pull it it shrinks back or swoops forward. Paddy loves it!

How could I forget him?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 11:57 pm
That sounds interesting, Misti. What's it called. I would like to get a couple for my gang.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 12:01 am
Roger, I don't know what it's called, but Wal-Mart's have them. If you hold it by the tail, it springs back and forth, so you know they love it!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 12:04 am
Oh my. Wal-Mart in the week after Christmas? They are going to have to wait a bit. I will check it out though.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 12:13 am
Believe it or not Roger, I was there today, it wasn't that bad!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 12:57 am
I didn't get my cat anything, but after unwrapping gifts, there was a piece of green tissue paper lying on the floor. Alley (my cat) sat right on it, later curled up on it. I've left it there. She sits on it quite a bit, sometimes rolls around in it and plays with it. If I had bought her something, she probably would have ignored it, so the tissue paper worked out pretty well!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:19 am
Setanta ordered, and received, 2 reversible coats for Cleo and Bailey. They are stylin', when they're not offended. Plaid fleece on one side, navy wind-breaker fabric on the other. There are also several sets of doggie booties (navy) ordered from the same site. I picked up some little stockings filled with those weird coloured pressed rawhide things they both love. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i've saved rawhide chews that are about as long as they are, to give them after Setanta leaves for the airport. They shared some pork roast with Setanta, and I've left a mini-steak for him to cook them today. Yesterday they got left-over shrimp dumplings and rice from the dim sum (yum cha) we went to. O Lucky Dogs.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:47 am
I'm getting Barney a belated present. A damn hampster wheel to burn off some of the excess morning energy.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 11:10 am
I did give a lost kitty a Xmas present. He was hanging around my neighbor's house meowing and being very friendly. I told him to take the kitty to our community barn where the horses are kept. Found kitty down there the next day. How extraordinary, "Dutchess" had settled in like it's her home. Sits on the rafters watching us groom, rubs against the horse's legs, follows us to the pasture, purrring the whole time. Joined right up with Princess the resident kitty.

Oops, I guess it's Dutch and I think he was dumped here. Such a pretty cat, shiney black, green eyes with white slippers. He's not neutered but I'm sure he knows enough to go back home, and he's not going. So, he has a date for neutering and now he's ours. Meanwhile we'll place a sign on the road. We all love him. I guess dropping him off here is the lesser of the evils of what people do with cats they don't want, or can't keep.

Did you ever take in a stray, hungry cat? They sorta "hug" and knead the food bowl, can't eat for purring.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 08:52 pm
Jenny received two new rubber balls plus two bones (one rawhide and one nylabone). But her favorite 'toy' of the night (we open presents on Christmas Eve) was the balls of wrapping paper that each and every family member obediently threw to her. She's not allowed in the living room and so sits on the step leading into it and watches. As each present was opened she would jump up in anticipation of receiving the paper ball and then rip it to shreds. This served two purposes: it kept her busy and happy and it reduced the size of the trash to be disposed of (she's very, very good at ripping paper into tiny little pieces).
0 Replies