Does "Finding their own beauty" mean...?

McTag

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 02:04 am
@JTT,

Quote:
that idealized thing that people desire

Thank you for making my point for me, so clearly too.

Quote:
Perhaps you look too much thru the eyes of an engineer, McTag.

Commonsense was never your strong suit.

Note: OristarA said he had trouble understanding the meaning of the phrase. Although we can readily divine the meaning, the reason for the foreigner's difficulty is clear: the phrase is of itself illogical.
McTag

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 02:13 am
@oristarA,

Quote:
Do you care about genetically engineered food, McTag? Are you relaxed when you eat...GMF?

I've no problem with eating it.
The environmental concerns are more about its unknown effects on surrounding plant life, as I understand it, and these are at present unquantifiable.
But I am no expert.
Arguably the history of plant and animal husbandry for 5000 years has been about genetic modification, by natural means. Now that we can do it artificially might be no more than accelerating the process.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:55 am
@McTag,
Quote:
that idealized thing that people desire

McTag: Thank you for making my point for me, so clearly too.
//////

It is I that must thank you, McTag.

jtt: Perhaps you look too much thru the eyes of an engineer, McTag.

Mctag: Commonsense was never your strong suit.

Note: OristarA said he had trouble understanding the meaning of the phrase. Although we can readily divine the meaning, the reason for the foreigner's difficulty is clear: the phrase is of itself illogical.

/////////////

And note that I told you that the speakers of any language do not write or speak to assist second language learners. But you completely ignored that because it shot you down in flames.

There was no misunderstanding on anyone's part, save, for Ori. Then you went and got all setantaish on us.
McTag

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 04:09 pm
@JTT,

And now, ladies and gentlemen, you see we have reached the point in the proceedings where we enter the mists of JTT circumlocution, reminiscent of a bad production of Brigadoon.
JTT

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 06:11 pm
@McTag,
These diversions of yours are really getting old, McTag.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 01:11 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Quote:
Do you care about genetically engineered food, McTag? Are you relaxed when you eat...GMF?

I've no problem with eating it.
The environmental concerns are more about its unknown effects on surrounding plant life, as I understand it, and these are at present unquantifiable.
But I am no expert.
Arguably the history of plant and animal husbandry for 5000 years has been about genetic modification, by natural means. Now that we can do it artificially might be no more than accelerating the process.

Wise man!
0 Replies