Congratulations, House Republicans!

Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 06:48 pm
@parados,
Let's suppose all of this is true... Can we drop the "do nothing Congress" act as well as the "GOP obstructionism" claim. If Congress has done as much as the last 20 as you claim, then the Dems have been complaining for no reason. Most of you on here have been making a stink for no reason.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Why? Its been a do nothing Congress by any standard. But it found time for the 56th time to take on the ACA when everybody knows the longer it goes on, the more Republicans - real Republicans - not Teapublicans and Tea Billies like ACA. A lot. You're going to ask me to prove it. Read what I've been posting for the last two pages.
parados

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:22 pm
@Baldimo,
I never claimed they had done as much as the last 20 Congresses. Clearly they have not passed as much legislation. Neither the House nor the Senate have. Fewer bills passed in both chambers. Fewer bills becoming laws.

I am only pointing out that laying the blame on Harry Reid for not bringing House bills to the Senate floor is hogwash because the Senate has never brought all the House bills to the Senate floor. Harry Reid is not at fault by any stretch of the imagination.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 11:01 pm
@parados,
He seemed to have no problem getting the ACA out of committee and rushed through the approval process. If he wants GOP bills to die in committee, then they are going to die there. I know it and you know it. You don't mind this process and even denying it doesn't happen because you are a Dem and support Reid. He blocked bills you didn't like and you are ok with that, after all thye came from the GOP controlled house.

I'm sure the douche bag who controls the Senate now is going to do the same thing with Dem bills that "get stuck" in committee. I'm sure you are going to complain about it just as I'm complaining about Reid. I'll remind you of this when it happens.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 11:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bob you're not a Republican and neither am I. Nothing you have to say about what the GOP likes or dislikes means anything to me. Drop the act and give it a rest. You're a govt and Dem yes man and have already admitted that you look to the govt to solve your problems. You want uncle sam to take care of you and you will be damned if anyone is going to get in the way of you and your free lunch.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:04 am
@Baldimo,
You're no Republican and I am. You wouldn't know a Republican ideal if it bit you on your pecker.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 08:18 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
He seemed to have no problem getting the ACA out of committee and rushed through the approval process.

Really? It seems you have no clue of the process of passage of the ACA.

Quote:
I'm sure the douche bag who controls the Senate now is going to do the same thing with Dem bills that "get stuck" in committee. I'm sure you are going to complain about it just as I'm complaining about Reid.
How silly you are. 1. Dem bills from the the House won't get stuck in any Senate committee because the House won't be passing Dem bills. 2. No, I won't be complaining. You won't find any complaints about the process at any time from me. I am not as ignorant of the process of passing laws as you appear to be.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 04:33 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150205-your-republican-congress-hard-at-work.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:12 pm
Boehner Expects House G.O.P. to Accept Gay Marriage Ruling
Source: New York Times

Speaker John A. Boehner said on Thursday that he expected House Republicans to accept the decision on same-sex marriage that the Supreme Court is scheduled to issue later this year.

“I don’t expect that we’re going to weigh in on this,” Mr. Boehner said. “The court will make its decision, and that’s why they’re there, to be the highest court in the land.”

The statement comes as a bit of a surprise, given the House Republicans’ expensive defense of the Defense of Marriage Act in 2013.

After the Obama administration said it would no longer defend the act, House Republicans, through the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Group, took up the legal defense, quickly burning through cash.

-snip-

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/02/05/boehner-says-he-expects-party-to-accept-gay-marriage-ruling/?_r=0

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 07:51 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/AnderN/2015/AnderN20150206_low.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 02:02 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150206-fun-with-numerology.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:32 pm
Israeli official suggests Boehner misled Netanyahu on Congress speech

By Dan Williams

JERUSALEM Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:05pm EST

Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) listens as his fellow Republicans speak to the media after a conference meeting with House Republicans on Capitol Hill in Washington January 21, 2015. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) listens as his fellow Republicans speak to the media after a conference meeting with House Republicans on Capitol Hill in Washington January 21, 2015.

Credit: Reuters/Joshua Roberts
Related Topics

(Reuters) - A senior Israeli official suggested on Friday that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had been misled into thinking an invitation to address the U.S. Congress on Iran next month was fully supported by the Democrats.

Netanyahu was invited by the Republican speaker of the house, John Boehner, to address Congress on March 3, an invitation Boehner originally described as bipartisan.

The move angered the White House, which is upset about the event coming two weeks before Israeli elections and that Netanyahu, who has a testy relationship with Democratic President Barack Obama, is expected to be critical of U.S. policy on Iran.

"It appears that the speaker of Congress made a move, in which we trusted, but which it ultimately became clear was a one sided move and not a move by both sides," Deputy Israeli Foreign Minister Tzachi Hanegbi told 102 FM Tel Aviv Radio on Friday.

The interviewer asked if that meant Netanyahu had been "misled" into believing Boehner's invitation was bipartisan, a characterization Hanegbi did not contest.

Asked whether the prime minister should cancel or postpone the speech, Hanegbi said: "What would the outcome be then? The outcome would be that we forsake an arena in which there is a going to be a very dramatic decision (on Iran)."

The invitation has led to criticism of Boehner by Democrats and repeated statements by Boehner and other Republicans explaining their position.

Top Democratic lawmaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday the event was "politicized" and she hoped it would not take place - piling pressure on Netanyahu after the White House said it would not meet him during the visit.

In addition, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, in his capacity as president of the Senate, would usually be present for a joint session of Congress but he is expected to be traveling abroad when Netanyahu is scheduled to speak, an aide to Biden said on Friday.

Netanyahu has denied seeking electoral gains or meddling in internal U.S. affairs with the speech, in which he is expected to warn world powers against agreeing to anything short of a total rollback of Iran's nuclear program.

A Netanyahu spokesman declined to comment on Hanegbi's comments on Friday. Hanegbi is a senior member of Netanyahu's Likud party.

Acknowledging that Democrats had been "pained" by the invitation, Hanegbi said Netanyahu and Israeli emissaries were making "a huge effort to make clear to them that this is not a move that flouts the president of the United States".

Yet Hanegbi said the address to Congress could help pass a bill, opposed by Obama, for new U.S. sanctions on Iran.

"The Republicans know, as the president has already made clear, that he will veto this legislation. So in order to pass legislation that overcomes the veto, two-thirds are required in the Senate. So if the prime minister can persuade another one or two or another three or four, this could have weight," he said.

Hanegbi said he was not aware of any Israeli polling that showed the speech would help Netanyahu in the March 17 election, where Likud is running neck-and-neck against the center-left.

(Writing by Dan Williams, additional reporting by Roberta Rampton in Washington; Editing by Ralph Boulton and Grant McCool)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:57 pm
Congressman Schock's residence listed as foreclosure
Source: Peoria Public Radio

Peoria Public Radio News6:04 am Fri February 6, 2015

By Tanya Koonce

Congressman Aaron Schock’s legally-documented residence in the 18th District is listed for sale as a foreclosure.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wcbu/files/201502/222Detweiller1.jpg

The congressman’s home address is listed as 222 W. Detweiller Drive on his Federal Election Commission filing dated Tuesday. But a foreclosure listing has been up for more than a week, and the 35 photos posted of the property show what appears to be a vacant home.

The person listed as the last owner is William Boyd.

The five bedroom, six bath home is listed for $2.3 million. The 7,236 square feet of living space is listed as a single family residence, but it’s believed the Congressman has been renting a carriage house portion of the property not registered as a stand alone address.

222 Detweiller Dr., Peoria, IL 61615

Read more: http://peoriapublicradio.org/post/congressman-schocks-residence-listed-foreclosure

Gee, this is getting complicated.

I was led to this article by a link in a comment to an article here:

BNR EXCLUSIVE: Aaron Schock Sells Home Above Market Value to Political Donor

Karen Bartelt · Montana State University

Another plot twist from Peoria: http://peoriapublicradio.org/post/congressman-schocks-residence-listed-foreclosure. This address is 222 W. Detweiller Drive.

Reply · about an hour ago

I was led to that by a story at Joe.My.God:

Schock's Worst Week Gets Worser
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 11:11 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2015/HorseD20150213_low.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 05:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That could be Killary and maybe one of Bills underage victims.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/jesusvomit.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:52 am
@coldjoint,
My what a filthy mind you have. I'm making a joke about a book you don't like and can't even read. You're slandering specific people for no particular reason at all. Why does only sick and generally foundationless scabby personal insult spring only into your head? Hypocrite.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 02:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You're slandering specific people for no particular reason at all

Yes, you are. You should stop.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:35 pm
@coldjoint,
And you have such terrible reading comprehension, too. As well a truly minging body odor.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 10:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
As well a truly minging body odor.

Tell Rex to wash up.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 10:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Why should Rex wash when you stink? What is your fixation with Rex? Got your hand on your closet door?
0 Replies