Congratulations, House Republicans!

georgeob1

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

There probably is not a Democrat anywhere in this country...including in the White House...who thinks Obamacare is the be all end all.

You do not know what you are a talking about...or you simply are a liar/exaggerator.

Let us know which it is.

That was beneath you. Stupid and unnecessarily offensive too...

It's becoming increasingly clear that we don't really know all the motives and intentions of the Democrats and White House folks who designed Obamacare, or whether they thought it was an end itself, or merely a step towards some other, as yet undisclosed, goal.

One could as easily ask whether you really know what you were talking about in your unseemly and unmerited attack above.

There are many reasonable and agreeable people out there who don't agree with either you or me. Many of them are neither liars nor exaggerators.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:28 am
@woiyo,
I'm in shock and in agreement.

Break out the ice skates in Hell.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 10:32 am
@georgeob1,
If I didn't know you so well, I'd be tempted to think Frank was being harsh.

But I do know you well. Frank was being polite.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 11:08 am
Another GOP Governor Flips For Medicaid Expansion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/matt-mead-wyoming-medicaid-expansion_n_6262138.html

Another GOP Governor Flips For Medicaid Expansion
Posted: 12/03/2014 2:26 pm EST Updated: 3 hours ago

One year after rejecting federal funds to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act, Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead (R) is pushing the state’s Republican legislature to approve a new plan set forth by the state Department of Health last week.

During a press conference Monday, Mead, who signed onto a federal lawsuit opposing the Affordable Care Act in 2011, urged Republican lawmakers to "be realistic" and accept Obamacare as the "law of the land."

"I agree it is not a good piece of legislation, but as I see where we are, I think we have to be realistic and say, 'This is the current law of the land and we need to either go forward with this' or if the Legislature wants to come up with a different plan, I certainly would be open to that," Mead said, according to the Casper Star-Tribune. "But I don’t think we can say to those people in Wyoming who are working who cannot get insurance that we’re not going to do anything."

To expand Medicaid, Mead's proposal seeks a federal waiver that will allow the state to charge low-income participants who make 101 to 138 percent of the federal poverty level -- that’s $11,670 to $16,105 annually for a single person -- co-payments and a monthly premium. Those earning below 101 percent of the poverty level would not pay premiums but could be responsible for certain co-payments. However, the ACA's Medicaid provisions guarantee coverage for eligible low-income residents without cost-sharing, so the Obama administration would have to approve Wyoming's modified Medicaid expansion.

The plan would also have to clear the state legislature, which has rejected several Medicaid-related bills in the past year alone.

According to the Wyoming Department of Health, the Strategy for Health, Access, Responsibility and Employment -- or SHARE plan -- would grant health care access to an estimated 17,600 low-income residents. Two-thirds of them fall in the coverage gap, meaning they are ineligible for both Medicaid and federal tax subsidies through the federal health care marketplace.

If Mead’s proposal is approved, he would become the 10th GOP governor to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. Several other Republican-led states, including Indiana, Tennessee and Utah, have considered similar options but have yet to advance legislation to address the issue. To date, 27 states and the District of Columbia have opted to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 11:27 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

There probably is not a Democrat anywhere in this country...including in the White House...who thinks Obamacare is the be all end all.

You do not know what you are a talking about...or you simply are a liar/exaggerator.

Let us know which it is.

That was beneath you. Stupid and unnecessarily offensive too...

It's becoming increasingly clear that we don't really know all the motives and intentions of the Democrats and White House folks who designed Obamacare, or whether they thought it was an end itself, or merely a step towards some other, as yet undisclosed, goal.

One could as easily ask whether you really know what you were talking about in your unseemly and unmerited attack above.

There are many reasonable and agreeable people out there who don't agree with either you or me. Many of them are neither liars nor exaggerators.

George...get a grip!

Your response to my reasonable comments were a LOT closer to "stupid, unnecessarily offensive, unseemly, and/or unmerited."

Do you know of a single Democrat who claims Obamacare is the "be all end all?"

I do not know of any personally...and NONE of the public Democrats I have heard speak to the subject have ever come close to suggesting that. President Obama does not even think that...and I suggest there are no Democrats (or anyone else) who thinks that.

That comment of Woiyo was a complete exaggeration.

Not sure why you are in a snit because I called the exaggeration to his attention...but get over it.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 11:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
I just love it how this guy loves to beg an angry response and then get so poutraged when he gets it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 12:02 pm
Guess what everyone? Bob and Frank do not control the narrative here. What they say or how they feel is based on lies, and carefully crafted disinformation.

That people see through it is a fact proven by the mid term elections. So disregard the desperation and name calling, they have little else.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 12:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Getting pretty desperate, there, aren't you, asshole?

Of course we get to frame the discussion: look who started the discussion and who actually post opinions with facts. You aren't even on thelistbecause you wouldn't know a fact.

What disinformation? Just another of your lies.
woiyo

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 12:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Show me the democrats who actually read the bill. Don;t waste your time Frank. As Nancy Pelosi, who parades herself as a leader actually said, "We have to pass it to see what is in it" then champions the ACA as the be all end all, well... what else can I say.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 12:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/514893/resized_makes-me-moist-meme-generator-that-hillary-clinton-makes-me-moist-ed2f6d.jpghttp://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/butt.gifhttp://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/rofl.gif
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 12:25 pm
@coldjoint,
How would you know? You've never seen her.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages2.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20060423230819%2Funcyclopedia%2Fimages%2Fb%2Fbb%2FHead_up_ass.jpg&f=1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 12:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
What disinformation?

Keep your plan
Keep your doctor
Misrepresenting the real cost to the CBO
I will not act alone on immigration
And on and on.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 01:01 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Show me the democrats who actually read the bill. Don;t waste your time Frank. As Nancy Pelosi, who parades herself as a leader actually said, "We have to pass it to see what is in it" then champions the ACA as the be all end all, well... what else can I say.

I was not discussing who read the bill and who did not, Woiyo. All you are doing there is changing the subject, because you realize I was spot on when I called you on your other nonsense.

For the record, you said:

Quote:
Democrats are in denial that Obamacare is the be all end all.

I reasonably called all that into question, when I wrote:

Let us know which it is.

So...which is it?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 01:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

You should be asking Obola.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 02:08 pm
@woiyo,
Quote:

I fundamentally will never agree with how "Obamacare" Functions. You can not ask State Health Insurers to price their product based upon a National Poll of insureds.

Are you saying the cost of insurance is the same in every state under the ACA? To my knowledge that isn't true. Can you provide some support for your statement?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 02:22 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Leave it to you to misrepresent what Pelosi said.
In a speech Pelosi said to the people listening to her....
Quote:
“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

The full text can be found here:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-context-behind-nancy-pelosis-famous-we-have-to-pass-the-bill-quote/

At the time of the speech, congress was still working on the text of the bill. It had to go through that process, be voted on, and passed before there was a final bill. It impossible for anyone to know what is in the final bill before it becomes the final bill. Pelosi was correct.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 04:47 pm
@coldjoint,
Did you stomp your little Mary Jane shod foot when you hit 'Enter' on that one?
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2014 07:32 am
Quote:
Politically, Obamacare  has had a terrible past few weeks. First there was inaccurate enrollment data (the administration wrongly included dental plans). Then there were Jon Gruber's comments on "the stupidity of American voters." And it was capped off with Sen. Chuck Schumer saying that passing the law was a mistake. That led to headlines like: "Dark days ahead for Obamacare," "The Obamacare controversy grows" and my own "Obamacare's terrible, horrible, no good very bad month."

But if you look beyond the political fights, the picture looks very different. Obamacare is, policy-wise, having a great month — maybe even the law's best month ever.

Jonathan Chait wrote a piece in New York magazine detailing four recent studies that show Obamacare is working. Some of it has to do with the part of the law that we all know the best — the coverage expansion to millions of Americans. Study after study shows that the Affordable Care Act has increased the number of Americans with health insurance. And this wasn't actually taken as a given at this point last year: there was some speculation that coverage rates might actually drop in 2014, as Obamacare's regulations cancelled millions of individual policies.

Then there are the parts of Obamacare that are about improving the health care system not just for the uninsured, but for everyone who goes to the doctor. And here, too, the law seems to be working.

Health care costs grew at their slowest rate ever in 2013 — in part due to Obamacare's spending cuts — according to a recent study in Health Affairs. And hospitals have been making fewer deadly medical errors since the Affordable Care Act began cutting Medicare reimbursements for institutions with lots of errors.

Chait's piece is worth reading in full, and I'd only add to it a few other tidbits of good Obamacare news that have come out in recent days. One has to do with enrollment: 765,000 Healthcare.gov shoppers selected health insurance plans during the first three weeks of open enrollment this fall.

To put that in perspective: during the first two months of open enrollment in 2013, just 470,000 people enrolled in coverage — and those numbers included both Healthcare.gov and the 14 state-based exchanges. This time around, and only counting the Healthcare.gov shoppers, enrollment has easily surpassed that total in half the time. Much of this likely boils down to the fact that the Obama administration (and states) built health shopping websites that actually work this time.

Enrollment is moving faster, and shoppers have more options when they turn up to buy. Health and Human Services put out a report this afternoon finding that the number of options on Healthcare.gov has increased 25 percent over the past year.

More insurers want to sell on the marketplace, and that seems to be restraining the growth of insurance premiums. The average benchmark insurance premium (the mid-level plan that the government uses to figure out how big subsidies will be) went up 2 percent between 2013 and 2014. In the years before the health insurance expansion, premiums in the individual market typically went up by at least 10 percent annually.

Obamacare, despite one political disaster after another, is delivering on some of the key things the law meant to change about the health care system. The health care system covers more people than it did a year ago. Costs are growing at a slower pace than ever before and hospitals are killing fewer patients. That's a lot of good news that's happened quickly. There's a lot of good happening with the law that, if you're just looking at the politics Obamacare, you'd never know was happening.

source
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 06:38 am
No one called Reagan a tyrant for doing the right thing on immigration

Read More: http://www.examiner.com/article/democrats-use-cardboard-cutout-of-ronald-reagan-to-anger-republicans-congress

The Republican majority is planting its flag firmly on a myth

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 05:49 pm
Americans Want Congress Members To Pee In Cups To Prove They're Not On Drugs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/drug-testing-congress_n_4373472.html

While most Americans like the idea of drug testing for welfare recipients, they LOVE the idea of drug testing for members of Congress.

According to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, 64 percent of Americans favor requiring welfare recipients to submit to random drug testing -- a measure pushed by Republican lawmakers in recent years -- while 18 percent oppose it. But an even stronger majority said they're in favor of random drug testing for members of Congress, by a 78 percent to 7 percent margin. Sixty-two percent said they "strongly" favor drug testing for congressional lawmakers, compared to only 51 percent who said the same of welfare recipients.

The House of Representatives passed legislation this year that would allow states to require food stamp recipients to pee in cups to prove they're not on drugs. In 2012, Republicans pushed for drug testing of people seeking unemployment insurance benefits when they lose their jobs. At the state level, GOP lawmakers across the country have sought drug testing for an array of safety net programs. (Politicians sometimes refer to means-tested government benefits in general as "welfare," although the term is more commonly a nickname for the relatively small Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program.)...

If a member of Congress is caught using illegal drugs, as Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) was in late October, Americans expressed little inclination to show mercy. Sixty-six percent said that a member of Congress convicted of possessing a small amount of cocaine should be forced to resign, while only 14 percent favored allowing the convicted member to serve out the remainder of his or her term.
0 Replies