Congratulations, House Republicans!

revelette2

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:57 pm
Some people who are poor and live in rural areas can't afford to drive to get a voter ID which is why one Texas Democratic Lawmaker is asking for mobile ID stations to be available in rural communities.

Democratic Lawmakers Ask For More Mobile Voter ID Units
Baldimo

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 03:03 pm
@revelette2,
If I lived in Texas I would support this. If the ID's are going to be mandated then make them easier to get. I would support this in any state for those hard to reach areas.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 03:12 pm

Its the same as getting your picture on your driver's license,
your gun license or your passport. The only objection is that it will reduce Democrat cheating.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:01 pm
@parados,
I realize that, but baldi tries to make it sound like a smaller number by saying it's only 2%. 600,000 is not small when even one vote is denied. That's my only point - about Texas voting.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:52 pm
@Baldimo,
The USSC has ruled that anything that puts a cost burden on the voter to vote is a poll tax which is unconstitutional. Unless the state is providing a free service to provide the ID required to vote it is a poll tax.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 04:57 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
The USSC has ruled that anything that puts a cost burden on the voter to vote is a poll tax which is unconstitutional. Unless the state is providing a free service to provide the ID required to vote it is a poll tax.
So maybe u claim that the oil companies
must give away free gasoline on Election Day ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 05:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What has the 'poll tax' have anything to do with gas? Gas has always been taxed.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 08:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I guess you don't realize that oil companies are not the government. I can understand how you would be confused about that.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 09:11 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I guess you don't realize that oil companies are not the government.
I can understand how you would be confused about that.
O, I c your point:
u allege that the government is obligated
to give away free gas on Election Day.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 09:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
One of the reasons there are polling places in each neighborhood is so that normally ambulatory voters can walk to the polls. Myself, I don't recall ever driving somewhere to vote. I thought you'd be aware of that, David.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 09:16 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
One of the reasons there are polling places in each neighborhood is so that normally ambulatory voters can walk to the polls. Myself, I don't recall ever driving somewhere to vote. I thought you'd be aware of that, David.
I always drove.
At the moment that a voter registers,
his picture can be taken n applied to his registration card FOR FREE.
The GOP will volunteer to pay for the pictures.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 09:26 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
The USSC has ruled that anything that puts a cost burden on the voter to vote is a poll tax which is unconstitutional.
Unless the state is providing a free service to provide the ID required to vote it is a poll tax.
That can be arranged. If the State governments don t,
then the GOP will.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:44 am
@Baldimo,
They're disenfranchised by design for a crime that doesn't get committed. What about the 40,000 FORTY THOUSAND missing registrations in North Carolina? What about Christie saying the GOP needs to keep their seats so that the GOP can continue to control votes?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:50 am
@Baldimo,
Show us an example of the kind of voter fraud you're so fearful of. Just one.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 08:53 am
@One Eyed Mind,
..........people like you and Baldimo.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I didn't realize the government sold gas to consumers. Maybe you can explain when that started occurring.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:37 am
@parados,
Didn't cha know? It's when Obama became a communist. LOL
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
We became communists! Whooo hooooo! We won, comradres! All hail to the supreme comrade leader!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:56 am
Chuck Todd Asks A Question Even A Journalist Would Ask

"With calls for an Ebola czar flying left and right, some attention has been paid in the past couple weeks to the U.S.’s lack of a surgeon general, who has been awaiting confirmation for over a year in large part because Dr. Vivek Murthy earned the wrath of the NRA, which has successfully pressured senators to balk on his confirmation. On Sunday morning, Meet the Press host Chuck Todd challenged Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) to the defend the NRA’s “petty” actions.

“The president really ought to nominate people that can be confirmed to these jobs,” Blunt said. “Then we should confirm them.”

“Should the NRA have that much influence over a surgeon general nominee?” Todd asked. “He’s not going to make gun policy.”"* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Just more proof our government is broken, and no amount of voting is going to change it. The majority of voters vote to reinstate the same reps; that's a fact of history.