Why does everyone stare their mobile phones all day in the streets?

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:25 am
Everuone i see is staring their mobile phones. what are theu looking all dau? or cross the streets staring their mobile phones, or even driving. Comments?

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:34 am
@markjameson2008,
They all can't get over the fact that, since joining facebook, they all suddenly have over 5000 friends.
markjameson2008

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:38 am
@Lordyaswas,
oh reallu? i thought theu pretend theu are busu because theu have shi tted their pants of what theu hear in news about, teror all the time and the police state we are under, hence theu act like theu dont know and act like theu are busu with their mobile phones. is it impossible that this could be the case?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 02:42 am
@markjameson2008,
Only if they are all on the lookout for sock puppets. Maybe their friends are all texting them to warn them that a delusional Putin employee was nearby?
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 05:56 pm
Maybe they're just playing a game while waiting for the light to turn, or the taxi or bus...Could be reading a book, any number of things.

Wonder what would happen if all this technology suddenly just disappeared? Go back to reading newspapers and books instead, or actually talking to fellow passerby's?
raprap

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:51 pm
Its the Borg--prepare to be assimilated.

Rap
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 09:38 pm
@raprap,
resistance is futile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 03:37 pm
@markjameson2008,
Its how I pretend to be working hard while I am actually screwing around. I can answer work emails immediately thus appearing as if I am so dedicated to my work that I am chained to my desk/computer. But I am actually outside enjoying some sort of fun.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:48 am
@revelette2,
I was sitting in a bus and across sat two oung men around 20. They were looking for something in their mobile phones. All of sudden they asked me a question about where Doha is.
I said that I did not know - some place out east- but it probably would be better to look it up in internet
They said "We thought we would get a faster answer from you"
revelette2

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 07:41 am
@saab,
Not sure how to answer that, but at least you got some conversation. So, where is Doha? Smile
saab

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:24 am
@revelette2,
Doha (Arabic: الدوحة‎‎, ad-Dawḥa or ad-Dōḥa, literally: "the big tree") is the capital city of the state of Qatar.
and
Qatar is a country some place out east.
revelette2

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 08:33 am
@saab,
Thanks, I was joking but looked it up anyway. Took about two seconds. Took longer to post it.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/qanewzzz.gif

Do you think they really wanted to know or were they just being rude?
saab

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 09:11 am
@revelette2,
On the contrary - they were in no way rude - they were embarrased they could not find it.
see when our technical things do not work - we ask a person around us.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:00 am
@markjameson2008,
Quote:
what are theu looking all dau?

Naked photographs of you.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:01 am
@saab,
Had some nice conversation with actual people in front of you. Good all around then.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:12 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Wonder what would happen if all this technology suddenly just disappeared? Go back to reading newspapers and books instead, or actually talking to fellow passerby's?

Do you mean the DARK AGES? Crying or Very sad
http://www.wordfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Black-Death.jpg
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 11:37 am
At least it looks like they had something nice during lifetime

http://varldenshistoria.se/files/bonnier-his/imagecache/630x420/pictures/middleagefood1.jpg
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 03:40 pm
That's true, the rich dressed a lot nicer, everything looked more elegant before there was a lot of technology but I'm sure there were draw backs such as sewers in the streets...not to mention beggars. At least that's how it portrayed in novels.
saab

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 02:42 am
@revelette2,
Under the shoes the floors were icecold and drafty, under their beautiful cloth the fleas had their fun and under their hats the lice were having a wonderful life.
At least in that sence there was equality for rich and poor.
revelette2

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:29 am
@saab,
So all in all, technology and progress isn't bad, I only wish human nature would progress at that same rate as technology...