Why does everyone stare their mobile phones all day in the streets?

saab

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 08:59 am
@revelette2,
With cloth I often think progress is rather bad.
We are mostly interested in plenty of cloth and cheap. That even expensive cloth is made in Bangladesh by very much underpaid people often children is a sad thing.
Just a few decades ago quality was important and well fitting cloth.
revelette2

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2014 01:36 pm
@saab,
I know what you mean, a few months ago I bought my little granddaughter a cute pair pink boots at one of our better stores. (not saying much) Within a few weeks, they were scruff and the outer layer came off on the toes. I would hate to think of some little girl the same age slaving over those same boots. Something should be done about child labor the world over, but then, easier said than done.
Enaj

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:29 pm
@revelette2,
It is a throw away society these days....I hear that the landfills are filling up with cell phones as so many people have to get the latest in phones, and so why make them of good quality, just as with cloth and clothes. It bothers me when spending hard earned dollars for clothes that pills with the first wearing and looks old with the first washing. It's a shame, I use to be able to have no longer wanted clothes to donate....not so much anymore. I miss quality in things.

I'm still using my first cell phone that I got about 7 years ago. I still works as good as it did back then.

What I dislike is people staring at their phones while driving behind me. Shocked

Enaj
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:37 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Great comment, lordy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:38 pm
@markjameson2008,
uh oh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:41 pm
@saab,
Don't get me going on the italian textile industry (last I looked). Chinese factories in Prato, and so on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:59 pm
@markjameson2008,
To answer the original question from my own view, is that people vary on knowing how to look around.

Some look around in self protection, which can be very useful.
Some look for curiosity.
Some have funny vision and try not to trip, or non perfect limbs, and moving and seeing is work.
Some were taken by their parents or aunts or friends to look at the nature around them.
Some try to get a clue, what are all those people doing?
Some have despair, a vision of no hope.

I've a cheesy old mobile phone which I keep paying for at low rate in case I/we need it.

I think of the phone engagement by zillions that is going on as a phase. Either towards clustered zombies or aggravated people who want space.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe we have the z generation.
0 Replies