jespah

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:27 am
I believe I'm a Boston Terrier (I don't have a BT, but wouldn't refuse if someone came door to door, offering little terrier dogs). Plus I've got this stylin' purple collar on.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:22 pm
Boston, yes, stick with your home town! Do they have naturally perky ears or are they clipped when puppies? Like the collar...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:13 pm
errrrr - so the protocol is to PM the dasher our definition?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:30 pm
I might have to pass this round. I can't think of a thing for jaculiferous.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:03 pm
i struggled and struggled but i did it. that's a tough word.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:11 pm
sigh. John boy twisted my arm gently and I came up with a little something.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:18 pm
that realjohnboy
he's a real http://www.studiomark.com/oct2001images/b-and-w/tough-guy.jpg

(toughguy)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:23 pm
Yes, ehBeth - you are correct that you should PM realjohnboy (aka toughguy) your bluff definition. Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:32 pm
That's my twin brother...I'm the one with the tattoos and the knife scar across my face. We're up to 10 definiitions. The heavy arm-twisting will start Monday. Any new players are, of course, welcome.
To those of y'all in the States, have a nice holiday. The rest of y'all should keep working. -rjb-
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:42 pm
hmmm I'd love to play...guess I'll go on an PM john boy now...question...I don't quite understand the guessing part? do we just guess something other than our bonifide PM defninition in the public view?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:44 pm
That's right, onyxelle. You vote for the one that you think is the correct definition. Welcome to the game!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:01 pm
thanks mac...so I went bad and read over the past few pages...the voting starts when the dasher posts all of the PM guesses, right?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:05 pm
hmmmmm, not so much guesses, onyxelle, as made-up definitions that we hope we fool someone else (with the real definition mixed in for good measure)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 09:28 pm
Actually, onyxelle, let me clarify where we are in this game right now and what happens next. There seem to be some new players interested in joining (yippee):

The Dasher (me, in this round) posts a word. JACULIFEROUS is the word under consideration. Players (without looking the word up, of course) PM the Dasher with a defininition that they think might fool some of the other players. The Dasher eventually lists all of the definitions submitted (w/o attribution) along with the one correct definition. Players then vote for which definition they think is correct.
The round ends with the Dasher disclosing who voted for which player's bluff and who, if anyone, voted for the correct definition.
A scorecard is kept but it's no big thing.

So right now I am collecting definitions via PM. You seem to have sent me two, onyxelle. Your first one was pretty good. Let me know if that is the one you want to go with.
I hope I have clarified how the game works. I get a gold star for having attracted two new players SO FAR. And I haven't even threatened to hurt anybody yet.

Please welcome Onyxelle, everyone. -johnboy-
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:47 pm
i'll go with my first 'submission' :-)
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 11:28 am
Welcome, Onyxelle!!!

I hope you choose my bluff definition!!!

The beauty of this game..... is that it is slow..... so we always have several days to think up a bluff definition.... and, then, several days to vote for our favorite definitions....

I like your avatar!!!

:-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:32 pm
Clary wrote:
...Do they have naturally perky ears or are they clipped when puppies? ....

Dunno, I like to think the perkitude is natural, but you never know.

Oh and PS welcome to the new players! A most jaculiferous felicitous salutation to you! Or, something like that.

Woof.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 04:49 pm
thanks for the welcomes - thank you all :-)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:02 pm
Good evening... We are up to 14 submissions. I'm still needing, from amongst regular players, offerings from Hiama, Safecracker, Diane and Felix.
Other folks are, of course, welcome to join and give a definition (real or imagined) for JACULIFEROUS.
Cav, in the PM to me, seemed to have gotten the impression that I was shutting the gate soon.
Nay, I say. I expect to accept definitions until. perhaps, Monday night or Tuesday of next week.
Y'all have yourselves a fine weekend -johnboy-
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:08 pm
PS: The cranberry sauce may be positively jaculiferous. jaculiferously yours, -rjb-
0 Replies