littlek

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:54 pm
Thanks for being such a thorough dasher Beth!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:57 pm
I'm ready for a good lie-down now. Either that, or a round of harassing kicky Cool
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:16 pm
go get him tiger
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:49 pm
ehbeth...That was a fantastic performance at Dashing and much appreciated by all of us. I was particularly impressed by your going back through page after page of earlier games, trolling for players from the past. Thanks for a fine round.
"Pointless" realjohboy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:21 pm
You're most welcome, realjohnboy. I had your fine example of the previous round to follow.

It was fun, seeing the early appearances of Visitor, now known to us as Eva, and learning about the history of the game here at A2K.
0 Replies

wcbethmd

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:22 pm
rjb... I told ya my definition was a bluff... I guess I would've had your vote though ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:46 pm
wcbethmd - hang in with this - we'll make sure your next bluff gets included. like jespah suggested - maybe the next dasher can set up a throw-away e-ddress for the purpose of the round.

i've got spare gmail invites if someone would like to use one of those so that newer members (who can't yet pm) can email bluffs.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:18 am
Ehbeth: thanks for the game..you were great!
0 Replies

wcbethmd

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:52 am
Sounds like a plan, ehBeth. By the way, I found out that they changed it so new members can't even reply to PMs sent to them.
I think they hate new members....
I wonder how long I'm considered a "new member" anyway. I'm already a near-enthusiast. *struts* hehe
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 02:07 pm
wcbethmd wrote:
I think they hate new members....

We love new members. We just hate spammers. And there are a lot of them. Hence the software's been set this way. Sorry it's inconvenient for you.
0 Replies

wcbethmd

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:00 pm
awwww welll gee... it's okay... I hate spam too... :-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:21 pm
spam spam spam spam ... etc. ....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:27 pm
jes - I tried to find something out about the new rules about pm'ing in the FAQ - couldn't find it (maybe cuz I got distracted reading something there). Can you point me/us in the right direction? Please?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:39 pm
New members cannot send or reply to PMs. As for when they can, I don't know. It's a software thing and I believe it's been tweaked since I last checked, so I'm unsure about the particulars.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:46 pm
hmmmmmmm
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:50 pm
Has the next dasher or word been announced?

Thanks

Justthefax and Stardust too.

Stardust sometimes can type faster than I can. So when I type read slower please.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
JTF: since you've asked, and seem quite keen, why don't you have a go? Does anyone else agree?

Hooray...it's unanimous...over to you JTF. Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 06:45 pm
Good evening. I don't know why, but I am reminded of penguins on an ice floe. A lot of penguins on a limited amount of space. Each one tries to expand his/her turf by an inch or two by
spreading its feet or flapping its flippers. Eventually there is no more room and one penguin falls off. The others watch to see if it gets devoured by a predator. If not, they all dive in.

We need a Dasher. JTFax did the duty recently and should not have to do it again right away. Who is going to volunteer for a leisurely round that could take us until the new year to complete?

Someone better volunteer by Sunday night or ehbeth and johnboy will show up on your doorsteps with a bunch of our kinfolk. I'm the "good cop." Don't make me unleash ehbeth.
Come on, someone, it ain't that hard to do. -rjb-
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 06:56 pm
and just to show we're serious

i'll show you how we handle penguins around here

(english/online/pingu throw)

http://www.yetisports.org/
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:10 am
ehBeth could dash with spekulaas