drom et reve

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 02:33 pm
Of course you can, Naj! Feel free to mail the dasher in the next round. (I think, after all, the scoring is starting anew anyway.)

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:39 pm
Oops, so I added 3 points to devries and clary's totals and fixed the lack of comma with a dash (I know I over use those). Now, back to check the @ listings to see what I missed.....
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 07:44 pm
Welcome, Naj....

Don't worry about the scoring.... it's all just for fun....

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:23 pm
Ohmygoodness!!! I never win anything! I don't know what to say! I have no speech prepared....

Okay, glory days are over. It's time to get 'dashing'! Mind if I 'dash'? (I still need someone to pm me proper dasher etiquette, please.) I'm so nervous. It's my first time...dashing, I mean!

The word is:

NEPHELOCOCCYGIA
(Do you brain-iacs know this one? or can we play?!
PM me your bluffs!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:29 pm
yikes
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 07:48 am
I'll get thinking about this one right away. Congratulations, Dev; and thanks, littlek, for a great round.

0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:50 am
ooooh dear... perhaps I better wait another round...

naj
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 10:20 am
Oh, no, naj! Please play. The more the merrier, really!

p.s. My heritage is Dutch. Where in the Netherlands do you live, if I might ask?
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 11:00 am
Naj.... don't despair.... stare at the word for a couple of days, and something will pop into your mind....

We play this game "in real life"..... half of the fun is writing crazy definitions..... then, the Dasher tries to keep a straight face while reading all the definitions.... LOL....

Dev, thanks for a great word.... and congratulations on your good bluff in the last round....

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 11:28 am
Thank you PaL! Very Happy
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:00 pm
I live in that new province, Flevoland. I used to live in Noord Holland, in a town called Huizen. (translates to houses).
Allright. I'll mull over this word for a while... I hope I can come up with a neat bluff. Very Happy

naj
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 12:51 pm
Glad to hear it, naj! I await your definition.

My relatives are in Sneijk (unsure of the spelling). They manage the Ozinga hotel there.

I have bluffs already from:
jespah
George and
Clary
Kleep 'em comin'!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:15 pm
littlek: don't worry about updating the scoring unless you want to. devriesj won and there can't be any dispute about that AND WE ARE ALL BACK AT -0-
naj: welcome and please play. devriesj posed a rather daunting word (and you realize, of course, that looking it up violates the spirit of the game).
Stare at it, as p&l suggests, and eventually you'll come up with a pretty good bluff or a pretty lame one.
devriesj: pm me if you have any questions re being Dasher. Or pick one of the other players who has been here awhile. We'll be happy to advise. -rjb-
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 03:58 pm
I've already fixed the scores (I think). And, I've just sent in my bluff for Nephawhatever <grin>.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 04:07 pm
Okay! The nice weather has kept me from my dasher duties, sorry! But I have corrected that and sent badgering pm's to:
rjb, cav, ehbeth, diane, P & L, margo, hiama, fealola, SCoates & panzade, anyone else?!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:49 am
You, you mean a sunny day has interrupted dashing?!?!?!?! Oh the horror, the horror! :-D
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:31 pm
Ehm.. .perhaps devries was so shocked by the quality of the bluffs she got so far, she needed to recover before she continued ;-)

Notice how I refrain from giving any quantifier to this quality myself ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Naj
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:41 pm
Yeah... that's it Naj! Actually, they are pretty good!
I'v gotten bluffs these people today:
Hiama & Drom- (Margo is abstaining this round).
Also have bluffs from:
naj, Taffy, firstthought, littlek, Equus, jespah, clary and George.
That's 11. Who do I need to 'put the screws to?'
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:07 am
Alright-y, I've 'poked':
P & L, fealola, ehBeth, SCoates, cav and panzade.

I'd like to post the bluffs tomorrow (Fri.) Any objections?

(p.s. I have 13 'definitions')
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 10:10 am
I think tomorrow is fine Very Happy
0 Replies