Can a man buy a girl "friend" lingerie?

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 01:19 am
So...my boyfriend and I are having a...discussion...on whether it's appropriate for him to buy lingerie for a female friend. It happened a long time ago so it's not affecting our relationship now. It's just a debate we are having because it's something he did when he was single. So? What do you think? I think if a man buys me lingerie, I figure he wants to see me in it. He says he bought it because he wanted to be nice and thought she would like it, that they never dated and he never saw her in it. He says not all men are created equal and despite what others may say, his motive wasn't sexual. What are your thoughts?

hawkeye10

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 01:27 am
@bakergirl,
If I buy you lingerie know that I first expect to see you in it, then I expect to do you.
bakergirl

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 02:47 am
@hawkeye10,
Touché!
0 Replies

TheMomoKitsune

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 04:54 am
@bakergirl,
Yeah that is a bit weird.
Buy appropriate presents for appropriate expressions dude xD
Whatever if it was when he was single.
But yeah, no buying underwear is a very personal thing.
Very. xD
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 05:07 am
@bakergirl,
Unless the guy giving the lingerie is gay or someone who is really blatantly asexual and just a platonic friend who tends to give really bad gifts (a rare person indeed.... someone like Sheldon Cooper for instance), then it seems the person giving the lingerie whether he knows it or not wants to have sex with that girl "friend" and move it from its present platonic stage to the next level.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 07:14 am
@bakergirl,
Interesting.

I've had lingerie given to me as gifts by men I had no interest in, and that I also know had no interest in me. Just gifts. Other than the colour of some stuff being weird, I didn't think there was anything unusual about the gifts.
Lordyaswas

Mon 24 Feb, 2014 09:02 am
@ehBeth,
So the zebra striped conical shaped cross your heart uplift clevage enhancing easy release bra arrived then?
0 Replies

nazia08

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 05:11 am
Sure it would be appropriate especially if you guys are sexually active.
Go for it, she'll love it. And a guy buying his gf lingerie is good, it helps takes some of the guess work outta what you might like when we go shopping for it.
bakergirl

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 07:02 pm
@nazia08,
Did you even read the question? The question was whether its appropriate to buy lingerie for a platonic friend. I argue no. Highly inappropriate.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 09:28 pm
Define Lingerie.

To some men that means a fluffy robe.
Krumple

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 10:09 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Define Lingerie.

To some men that means a fluffy robe.

No punkey, you in panties is good enough..
0 Replies

Krumple

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 10:13 pm
@bakergirl,
bakergirl wrote:

So...my boyfriend and I are having a...discussion...on whether it's appropriate for him to buy lingerie for a female friend. It happened a long time ago so it's not affecting our relationship now. It's just a debate we are having because it's something he did when he was single. So? What do you think? I think if a man buys me lingerie, I figure he wants to see me in it. He says he bought it because he wanted to be nice and thought she would like it, that they never dated and he never saw her in it. He says not all men are created equal and despite what others may say, his motive wasn't sexual. What are your thoughts?

It's not appropriate. How can it NOT be sexual? My vote is, he wanted to see her in it.
0 Replies

Nicolelovette

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 12:54 pm
@bakergirl,
No. Most guys step outside of a store their girlfriend is buying girls clothes at and waot for them to exit while at a mall or they just dont go at all because they are uncomfortable. He definitely had a quirky reason as to why if he says it wasnt sexual. The outfit itself is sexual so if you take the sex out of that then why didnt he just buy het a huge shirt. He has to know her size and everything too.
My boyfriend's work that he JUST got to is doing a secret santa thing and he picked some girls name and apparently she told everyone she wanted my boyfriend to get her lingerie fr HER boyfriend but didnt want to say because he has a girlfriend. First of all i said i was not going to go to that stupid xmas party with him now since once i saw her id probably kill her and second my boyfriend doesn't even know her or anything about her size and guys DONT BUY THAT KIND OF STUFF to begin with. Its like she wants him to have a mental image because shes some stupid kid. I will probably just call the bss and tell him what type of child he has working for him sonce his boss respects me in this city
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 03:47 pm
Then - how can he be her SECRET Santa if she knows HE got her name?

Get her a Barbie doll in sexy lingerie.

Laugh this off. Those Secret Santa things are meant to be a joke, anyway.
0 Replies

mismi

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:47 pm
@ehBeth,
I have had pajamas given to me by guy friends. But nothing I would consider lingerie-ish. I mean - if it is see through and has a split crotch - I am thinking that's something I would NOT want to receive from a guy friend. I certainly would not be so open minded about my man giving it to another woman - even if she is a friend....mainly because I am petty, jealous, small minded and frankly - insecure....because I KNOW he would be thinking about what she looked like in it. Of course I am sure he thinks that even when he doesn't give lingerie to a woman - but I just think putting action to it is stepping over the line a bit. Seems a bit - suggestive....and my man being so fine - well...she might make the next move - then I'd have to hurt her and things would get all messy and awkward.
0 Replies