Joe Nation

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:50 am
And not far from the truth...
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 05:31 am
Joe Nation wrote:
And not far from the truth...

You sound like you've done a lot of research on the subject. Any book recommendations?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:27 am
I think the 40 foot ape has already been done... now a 40 foot praying mantis. THAT would be creepy.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:42 am
Gee, I hope Foxfyre has made it through the night!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 11:29 am
Other than coughing up a few OWL feathers, I'm fine Suzy. Thanks for caring.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 11:39 am
Here you go L.R.R. Hood, plenty of conspiracy theory here:

http://www.nohoax.com/

Just so you know, George Green was the guest on Art Bell's Coast to Coast last night, and was cut short, as he really wasn't making any damn sense at all. Still, some fun reading there.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 11:47 am
cavfancier wrote:
Just so you know, George Green was the guest on Art Bell's Coast to Coast last night, and was cut short, as he really wasn't making any damn sense at all. Still, some fun reading there.

Cav, I find it difficult to believe that a guest was cut short on Art Bell's show just because he wasn't making sense. If that standard were applied uniformly, Bell's show would be 12 minutes long. I mean, how much lower can someone set the bar?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 11:54 am
joe, that's what killed me about it. Laughing I mean, this dude was too much of a whackjob for Art Bell....I was slayed. Green did at one point accuse Ted Kennedy of allegedly making lascivious remarks about his daughter, not surprising really, but unsubstantiated. Apparently, Trudeau and Maggie were also at this gathering where the alleged remarks took place, and there was a lot of cocaine around. Anyhow, it's only the second time I have heard a guest cut off of Art Bell.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 04:31 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:09 pm
Just out of curiosity, Cav, what was the first time?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:13 pm
Erm, I would have to check that one out Jar...I usually fall asleep while the show is playing. It was a psychic who claimed to have met with the nun who is supposedly the last living witness to the secrets of Sofia, or somthing like that, and he had an apocalytic vision, but he wouldn't talk about it, except to say, buy our video, and then it turned out said meeting never happened. I'm foggy on the details...
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:33 pm
Piffka wrote:
I think the 40 foot ape has already been done... now a 40 foot praying mantis. THAT would be creepy.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 1st season, episode: "Teacher's Pet."
Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:39 pm
THAT'S where I saw it. Wink
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:42 pm
Poor xander. Praying Mantii, were-jackals, vampires, snotty prep girls, and ex-demons..... why am I jealous?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:45 pm
Hmm...I suppose most of the creepy animals have been supersized already...maybe a 40 foot chihauhua? That could be funny...
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:04 pm
That would be great!
or a gi-normous, menacing Koala! (shiver) Surprised
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:09 pm
How about a 40 foot three-toed sloth? Sam Peckinpah, if he were alive, could direct the movie about how the sloth statue turns to life and attacks the Republicans, and then he would say, "Hmm...I don't think I need slow motion shots here."
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:13 pm
<in best Homer Simpson voice>
Hmmm...Sloths....Marge, why can't I have been a sloth?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:17 pm
Ooooh...Simpson's reference refreshes brain...how about a 40 foot drinkin' bird, a la Homer gains weight to claim disability?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:19 pm
I knew soldiers in the Army who did that to get out. One of them ate himself into an MI.
0 Replies