I feel like I can't live without my boyfriend

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:40 pm
We've only been together for 3 months (known each other for a year) but I already feel I can't live without him. We're best friends, even soul mates. We really do complete each other.
I first told him I loved him last week - I started crying because of it and I don't even know why I got so up set.
Am I being silly? I don't feel like I am, but maybe I am. I don't know.
I need to know if this is a normal feeling.
How can I relax and not get so worked up about this?
How can I just chill out and be the easy going girl I was when I was single?
I'm never one for crying but I've done it 3 times already to my boyfriend!
What's the matter with me?
Thanks.
Ps. Sorry I sound very dramatic - I'm never usually like this. It's weird for the both of us!

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:27 pm
@RedDragonfly,
You seem very, very emo in all of this. You will need to step back a bit. Being on the receiving end of such over the top declarations of devotion can be overwhelming. It can also end up being off-putting to the recipient.

And you need to understand that this much dependence is not a good thing for you. People in healthy relationships aren't at the live/die end of the spectrum. They love, yes, and they are devoted. But they also have lives outside of the objects of their affection, and they are mentally and emotionally strong enough to deal with things if the relationship ends.

If you feel these feelings are overwhelming, seek professional help.
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:37 pm
@RedDragonfly,
you're experiencing limerence.
0 Replies

RedDragonfly

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:01 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for your reply.
You're right, I shouldn't be dependent on him. At the moment, I'm not.
Emotionally, I'm a little bit hay wall at the moment. This is my first relationship you see and it's all new to me.
For the most part, the majority of people do suffer when a relationship ends, especially if it was not intentional (death or what have you). I think this retrospect is what scares me if I lost him that way.
Again, thanks. I think I just needed someone to tell me it'll be ok.
Regards x
0 Replies

Christine2013

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:32 pm
@RedDragonfly,
You deeply love him and actually it's normal situation. For meeting the people you truely love is not a easy thing for all of us. The reason why you will have those situations is because you're a person who want to show your mood to others and who like to express your feeling to others. Don't worry, if the people who worth your love, just love him without any hesitation.
0 Replies