I work for her. We have a history. But ...

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 05:44 pm
I started working for this beautiful woman in July, and I noticed immediately that she was having thoughts about me (I could see it in her eyes from the time I interviewed with her). I saw it, but I chose to ignore it because this is business.
She had a boyfriend at the time and at a certain point disclosed to me that he verbally abuses her and her son. I treated her well; greeted her with a gentleman's kiss on her cheek every morning, walked her to her car in the evening, carried bags for her, was a gentleman both to her and to her business. One day, I walked her out to her car and we were in discussion; I leaned in to kiss her farewell, she kissed me gently.
Later that evening, she came back to take care of something. I was in her car, we kissed again. This lead to a long period of talking, kissing, touching (sexually, but sex never happened). We got very close. She broke up with her boyfriend and moved him out.
In November, she hired a girl for Christmas help that made me cringe. Generally, I am very good at reading the inner thoughts of a person in their behavior. This girl had something in her mind that was messed up. I could tell that inwardly she did not like me.
Now, these two women speak the same foreign language (which I will not name) and when she hired her, she almost immediately became cold toward me. During the other girl's employment, she and I went from being nearly lovers to being strictly employee/employer to enemies and I was fired.
In January, I was able to convince her to hire me back. The environment was awkward to say the least. Eventually, that other girl tried to get her to fire me again; she immediately fired her.
We patched up. Things began to go back to normal. Kissing resumed. Then she mentioned her boyfriend was going out of town. She has a new picture of her with her boyfriend. But she will not say that she is back with him.
Last Friday, she wanted to lock eyes with me but I got nervous. This happened twice. She has avoided me since. She has not been back to work until today, and she has been handling me as just an employee/friend. She now does not look at me. Her laughing has gone from guilty to friendly. She pushes me away and separates us. She only gives me her cheek to kiss.

More specifics can be offered, but I just wanted to get and overview out so I could get an opinion.

I don't want to read all that extra stuff about work/play.
I want to know how to get her interested again. It seems that she is still interested but will not indicate it. I'm afraid that she thinks that I am no longer interested because I got nervous and didn't lock eyes with her.

Additional: she did express that she wanted to go out with me. Since being back, I have asked her out three times. The second time, she excitedly gave me a quick yes and then immediately redirected her energy to her phone before I could set up the date.
Today I asked her out a third time (spontaneous) but she declined. "Not Friday. Tomorrow, yes. But not Friday."

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 06:10 pm
@PeteInHouston,
It's time to seek employment elsewhere, unless you enjoy getting yanked around. If she is attracted to you (I'm not convinced she is) you can resume your crazy relationship without fear of getting fired and dumped . What you describe is an unhealthy situation.
PeteInHouston

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 06:31 pm
@glitterbag,
You do realize we are talking about women and men, right?
Discribe a healthy situation.

Lol!
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:13 pm
@PeteInHouston,
Ever hear of 'don't **** where you eat?' This is wildly inappropriate working environment and maybe she is trying to cool it?

However, I've got no real idea, but it seems like she's giving you mixed messages so find another date possibility.

Oh and BTW...you might want to find another job 'cause this environment is polluted. WTF are you thinking?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:18 pm
@PeteInHouston,
Yes thank you. A healthy situation involves mutual respect, not foolish statements such as "is she upset I didn't maintain eye contact?" "She kissed my cheek, not my mouth", "she fired me because of a woman in the office, I begged her to let me back, she did and then she fired her." Seriously????? You sound like a lovesick teenager, not a man. Writing lol after a comment also is childish. I don't know what kind of game she's playing, but you are sitting around mooning and desperate for any tidbit of attention she flings your way. If any other people besides the two of you are working in this office, I guarantee, you are the topic of pity or worse ridicule from the other employees.

But, if you don't mind being strung along, it's not my problem.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:32 pm
@glitterbag,
This poster just joined today. Any chance he is equestrian girl who found another poor soul to stalk and then changed the gender identification to avoid additional embarrassment? The lol makes me suspicious.
Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:37 pm
@glitterbag,
IMHO ... not really the same pour soul as their 'voice' is way different as is the energy. There's more than one troubled soul that's online and is an attention whore
0 Replies

PeteInHouston

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:40 pm
@glitterbag,
We'll, dumbfuck, thank you for sharing your complete lack of intelligence. And thank you for stopping by.

Now if we could hear from some people who actually think on a daily basis, that would be much appreciated as well.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 11:48 pm
@PeteInHouston,
PeteInHouston wrote:
this is business.

greeted her with a gentleman's kiss on her cheek every morning,

seriously.

you think that a gentleman's kiss on the cheek is business?

this whole story is beyond fucked up.

if it's true, you're both messed up.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 07:06 am
@PeteInHouston,
Quote:
I work for her. We have a history. But

You are both rather immature.
contrex

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 07:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You are both rather immature.

These remarks of his tend to support that view:
PeteInHouston wrote:
We'll, dumbfuck, thank you for sharing your complete lack of intelligence. And thank you for stopping by.

Now if we could hear from some people who actually think on a daily basis, that would be much appreciated as well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 09:19 am
@Ragman,
I almost wrote that, Ragman.

It's an old saying that still is good advice.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 02:46 pm
@PeteInHouston,
PeteInHouston wrote:

Seven months is not 'history' and gentlemen do not talk to others in the above fashion. If I was as coarse as you are, I would have used your first sentence to respond to your sap opera question. That wasn't a typo, boy wonder.
0 Replies