Looking back/ trying to trust

Kathy77

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 10:48 pm
About 4 years back I got involved with a man who at first I didn't know was engaged. We had an affair for about a yeAr before the whole truth came out. I caught feelings for this man very quick. I knew him 2 yrs prior to the affair. After all was said and done he did marry this woman and I was completely devastated. Since then I only had one serious relationship that lasted about 8 months. I have big trust issues because of it. I just want to know if this is still affecting me even though I've pushed it so far back in my mind? Right now is the first time I thought about it in a long time. How do I trust again?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,565 • Replies: 6
No top replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 11:38 pm
@Kathy77,
Let love find you. I say. But. I let that happen. So I thought and it fucked me up severely worse in the head. I've suffered a great deal. Now. I don't give a **** about anything. Because I have nothing. Trust is a big stress problem. I hope you find your ways of coping with it well.
Ryanviola

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 05:23 am
@anonymously99stwin,
I totally agree with you. You have been gone through some hurt but I am sure with time, you will come out of this soon!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 06:03 am
@Kathy77,
No one shud trust anyone.

It is against human nature to be trustworthy.
Kathy77

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 06:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't trust anyone until they prove they are trustworthy. The last guy I was seeing acted like I should trust his every word when I only knew him for a very short time. I've learned that people's actions are much more honest then there words.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 07:39 am
@Kathy77,
Yes; actions speak louder than words,
but still: its not wise to trust anyone,
not with more than u r willing to lose.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 08:00 am
@Kathy77,
Seriously consider counseling, at least so that you can develop some coping skills.
0 Replies