Does she like me? really confused.

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 02:21 pm
So there is this girl I like in college and I only have one class with her. Every time I talk to her, she gets all shy, laughs at my joke. I thought she likes me. When I text her, she replied with one or two words. And she also replies every 10 to 50 min or none at all. There are times where she would reply right away too. I thought if a girl like you, she suppose to text more.. I sort of established that she just shy then and acts like that to everyone. One day, after we had same lecture together, she usually go home right after. That day, she waited for me. I guess it was because she wanted to hang out with my college friends I hang out with..When I was walking with her, I asked her why didn't you go home right after? She said, "my friends usually go home right after and I always end up going by myself." That day, me, her and my friends hang out after. She was again shy around everyone and only talked to me mostly... But it wasn't like where she only talked to me. She would walk around and try to talk to people, and I am usually the one that starts up conversation.

That day I talk to my close girl friend about it and she said that girl might like me. I'm confused though, if she likes me, why does she not reply my text as often and every time I ask to hang out, she says she is busy..

There are few hints I believe she likes me.
1. She laughs at my joke.
2. Shy around me and when she makes eye contacts with me in school, she waves and say hi to me.
3. I was bringing up valentine and made a joke like, "so do you have like a boyfriend to get you chocolate or something?"
she replies with, "no. I don't have a boyfriend, do you?"

in real life, it seriously looks like she likes me just the way she acts towards me, but when it comes to text, she replies like she just doesn't want to talk to me. Every time I try to ask her out (like a hint), she always makes excuse like, "im busy.. or I'm tired" stuff like that..

My friends are telling me she could be just really shy. I don't think so..what do you guys think?

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 02:32 pm
Not everybody consumes social media in the exact same way. The amount of texting from her - too much, too little, whatever - means diddly squat.

She pretty obviously likes you. Now go ask her out before you both get any older. Wink
jasonperson

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:13 am
@jespah,
i don't know..
she is really confusing.. One time I asked her if she can take this picture and show it to me and she doesn't reply for like an hour and send me the picture i asked her through email instead of saying anything on text.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:19 am
@jasonperson,
She didn't reply for one whole HOUR????

Holy ****, that's totally unbelieveable and unacceptable.
jasonperson

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:37 am
@chai2,
lol. I understand if its casual friend thing but I wanted to find out if she likes me or not. If the girl likes someone, wouldn't it make more sense to get a reply instantly? I know i am being clingy but I thought it was like that if a girl like you.
panzade

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:44 am
@jasonperson,
Quote:
If the girl likes someone, wouldn't it make more sense to get a reply instantly?

Refer to Jespah
Quote:
The amount of texting from her - too much, too little, whatever - means diddly squat.

You'll never find out if she likes you from texts. She'll appreciate you telling her you like her and then asking her if she likes you.
What do you have to lose?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:47 am
@jasonperson,
She had to eat dinner. She had homework. Her favorite program came on. She needed to take a shower. She got lost in Pinterest and the time ran away from her. She had to charge her phone. She was given a stern lecture by her father about texting all the time. She had to do housework. She had to walk her little brother home from school. She had to work out. She went to a meeting of a club. She was a passenger in a car, stuck in traffic, in a wifi dead zone. She took a nap.

Want any more reasons why a whole hour went by without her texting you back? Would you like some reasons involving a zombie apocalypse, or an impromptu Katy Perry concert?

Don't be so damned clingy. Don't be overanalyzing every movement, or non-movement as if it were the goddamned Zapruder film.

Stop making excuses and being weird and GO. ASK. HER. OUT.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 10:09 am
@jespah,
This guy hasn't responded to you in more than 20 minutes jes.

I think somethings wrong.
jasonperson

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 12:41 pm
@chai2,
I was in class... I have college guys.. I will see how she response to me
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:00 pm
@jasonperson,
Jason, the girls that immediately got my interest when I was a young whippersnapper were the girls who batted their eyelids and then played it cool.

It is so refreshing to see that the playing cool tactic drives young men just as mad today.

Great feeling, isn't it? Nothing like a bit of a challenge.

Next time you see the young lady, you tell her that she's restored my faith in young women. So often nowadays they come across as clingy and a bit spineless.

Looks like you've found a good 'un.

chai2

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:58 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Next time you see the young lady, you tell her that she's restored my faith in young women. So often nowadays they come across as clingy and a bit spineless.

You got that straight dude.

From reading the "relationship problems" here lately, it seems as if both young and older people, men and women are lacking self identity and a sense of their own worth as an individual.

Some, not all of it is because of all this instant communication 24/7.
People are so busy responding immediately to texts and other demands for their time, they don't have time to carefully consider their feelings, whether those feelings are popular or not.

Everything has become worthy of being the "Twitter heard 'round the world" and introspection and keeping some of your thoughts to yourself is a lost art.

anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:23 pm
@jasonperson,
There is no telling. I personally would walk away from such a mind stressing situation.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:23 pm
@jasonperson,
I think I have a better understanding..

Go for it. Stop holding back. Shy she may be. You're a guy you can break that. Stop being scared. Stop worrying about some other woman if that's what's holding you back.
jespah

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:38 pm
@chai2,
Some of that is because the people asking for advice here are self-selecting. The more confident folks aren't asking for advice.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 07:16 pm
@jespah,
Women love to bicker. About anything. Smile
0 Replies

jasonperson

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:04 am
@anonymously99,
oh man.. did i screw up?...
So I was in a pretty bad mood that day cause of a lot of issues so I kinda pulled my anger on her instead..
this is how conversation went..

I kind of said like. "Why do you always reply really short?"
She goes, "huh?"
me: You always reply so short like "lol" or "haha". i don't know. forget it.
she: So you want extremely long detailed messages lol
me: no. i just dont like when ppl say lol or haha cause it makes other people speechless
she: lol idk why they are so short.
me: You think lol and haha are not short?
she: They are but.. i don't know why.
At this point i just said fk it and said no point of getting mad lol so i just said, "Its okay. forget it. you are still awesome Smile"

she replies with
"hehe Smile"

Seriously? did i mess up?
jespah

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:19 am
@jasonperson,
You're still not getting off your duff and asking her out, eh?

Seriously, your window of opportunity is shutting here.
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 09:25 am
@jespah,
After that texting conversation, for me the window would be closed.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:16 am
@chai2,
It wouldn't surprise me if they were sitting next to each other on the bus at the time.
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:21 am
@Lordyaswas,
Jesus wept.