People Wonder Why . . .

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 08:58 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
I presume Dave you're referring to something abstract.
Yes; not the material organism,
but rather the intelligent, conscious life that fits inside of it,
until it molts off.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 11:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
the intelligent, conscious life that fits inside of it,
Somewhat like the rotation of a wheel or the ruminations of a PC

The difficulty of course lies in the lack of an absolute dividing line between concrete and abstract. Certainly the turning of a wheel and the digital interaction of an electronic circuit have some fairly lasting effect after their termination but the idea of its specific geographical relocation leaves some of us cold
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 03:23 am
@plainoldme,
Quote:
People Wonder Why . . .

All the time.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:22 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Exactly. POM seems to be advocating that others (she in particular) be allowed to determine for someone else if they should have the privilege of getting pregnant, and maintaining the pregnancy.

Here is a case of someone pontificating and speaking out against someone else when they are guilty of what they preach.

There has been so much research done on literacy and on the parents determining the intelligence of their children through their actions. These girls are often the classic cases of unloved people thinking having a child will make them loved. Their kids will end up worse off than they are without an intervention.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:26 am
@Jack of Hearts,
Quote:
When you say you are "fervently in favor of abortion", do you mean you are insistent on letting women have a choice, or do you just strongly encourage abortions?

I chose my words carefully to always mean exactly what I say. There are many forces working to repeal Roe v Wade and/or to make abortion difficult. There are also many forces working to brainwash these girls into thinking they are doing the right thing by having a child they can not care for, let alone financially support. The same forces pushing giving birth would make the financial support impossible and do not approve of intervening in the raising of the child but would prefer to cut funding for day care and social workers, etc.

It's just another version of Brave New World.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:28 am
@neologist,
Cute. What else do you have to offer?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:30 am
@chai2,
Quote:
POM has made it very clear over the years that she despises her students, and I'm thinking she wishes their mothers had the good sense to have abortions.

I have no idea why this woman is allowed to remain in the educational system, putting her hatred into the minds of our young people.

Vintage chai: sour, uninformed, accepting only herself as an authority and not very bright
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:36 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Fostering isn't perfect but the state should have removed this child from the home, particularly after 14 complaints.

I don't understand your last sentence. I teach college English. Sadly, that means teaching them what they did not learn in high school as far too many of them read at the 3rd to 7th grade level. The mothers of those girls ought to have put them on the Pill.

I think you are completely wrong: anyone who is not upset by the type of mothers, citizens, people these girls are does not belong in any type of societal role.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 01:27 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
I think you are completely wrong:
anyone who is not upset by the type of mothers, citizens,
people these girls are does not belong in any type of societal role.
I wish them happiness, but I 'm not upset, Plain.

David
anonymously99

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 01:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Why'd you let the cat in?!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:40 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
I speak out so fervently in favor of abortion.

This is why: http://ktla.com/2014/02/04/couple-kept-3-year-olds-body-in-freezer-police/#axzz2sSsobAW2

When I taught at the community college, there were young "mothers" who gave birth during their junior or senior years of high school. Their literacy level was usually between 3rd and 7th grade. They generally sat in classes and texted. Their attention spans weren't long enough or strong enough for them to parent. They lived with the boyfriends who were not always the fathers of their infants/toddlers.

When asked to write an argument, they wrote about how immoral abortion is, self-righteously ignoring their total inability to provide a real home for their children.

Who decides what a 'real home' is? You? Keep dreaming, because there are many many definitions for what a real home is. Is there love? Some sense of direction?

These young women are at the very least in some way attempting to raise their child, not just throwing the child over to the local foster care agency or to the government to raise the child in some way. Perhaps that is not good enough for you. Well, too damned bad.

Your bemoaning of them living with some boyfriend who is not always the father of the child is insane to put it mildly. Lots of children are raised in homes with only one of their DNA relationed parents. Many from day 1.

No, p,o,m, you made your view patently and blatantly clear from the start with your "I speak out...in favor of abortion"

Now back to your linked item. Do you know anything about the mother's education? She may have been a top student, gone off to college and then become pregnant by a man she felt she loved or through circumstances beyond her control. She chose to have the child.

Read the papers p.o.m. There are children, babies murdered every day and many the time by a parent with a top notch college education and degrees up the wazoo and back out again. Education in the schools does not make the parent. I'd rather a woman with an eighth grade education who loves her children and protects them be raising children than some la-di-da degree holding snob who shoves the children off on hired help and thinks buying expensive gifts is a good subsystem for love.

In reference to their attention span, maybe it wasn't long enough to hold up to your sanctimonious crap. They clearly were able to stay attentioned long enough for running a texting conversation for the duration of your undoubtedly boring as hell seminars on whatever.

You see, young people are able to read an adult. They have an intuitive nature about them where they know immediately if the adult has zero respect for them. That, in a nutshell is why they didn't pay any attention to you.

anonymously99

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
No, p,o,m, you made your view patently and blatantly clear from the start with your "I speak out...in favor of abortion"

I am strongly against abortion.

Quote:
Read the papers p.o.m. There are children, babies murdered every day and many the time by a parent with a top notch college education and degrees up the wazoo and back out again. Education in the schools does not make the parent. I'd rather a woman with an eighth grade education who loves her children and protects them be raising children than some la-di-da degree holding snob who shoves the children off on hired help and thinks buying expensive gifts is a good subsystem for love.

The child is murdered the day the child is taken away from their mother for no reason. What's too bad is the people who take the child know the child's parents are suffering financially so the child theives are dancing their way through life because they know the child's parents will never have the money to get their child back.

Some people suffer their lives their entire lives with depression. Hi nice to meet you. And having suffered their entire lives with depression their learning abilities, understanding abilities were deeply affected. What made it worse was not having parents who cared about the devastating mental health their offspring was suffering. No. She never had thoughts about suicide running away extreme disruptive behavior etc etc. the parents thought it all to be normal. Mm. The problems only worsened before lightening up. Still have some mental health problems. Who doesn't suffer stress, depression, etc etc. Anger problems. I will always be unable to deal with my anger problems. Example..

EDUCATION has nothing to do with it. I personally know of a couple women who went to ******* college and finished and I'm more mature than they. I never went to ******* college. No. I attended first half of an academy. Difference between college and academy. There is. Ask them two who contacted you while I was attending.
trishathelizardqueen

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 05:15 pm
@plainoldme,
EW, why do people have to be soo serious on these forums? lighten the mood up.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:35 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis,

Somehow you managed to reply to a completely different set of words than the words I wrote.

You're being very sanctimonious here . . . in fact, you, like chai, are hypocritical because you are much worse than you accuse me of being.

HAS IT EVER OCCURRED TO YOU THAT THOSE WHO PREACH HAVING THE CHILD BRAINWASH THESE GIRLS AND LOAD THEM WITH GUILT? THAT THEY CAN NOT FREELY CHOSE BECAUSE OF WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN CALLED "BUTTINSKIS" BY AN OLDER GENERATION?

I suggest you do some research into children who fail in school and you will find it is more often than not poor parenting that caused the kids to fail. Here, we are dealing with the third and fourth generations of poorly raised kids.

When I talk about girls living with their second or third boyfriend post conception of the baby who is now less than one, I am pointing out how unstable and shallow these relationships are. Let's keep in mind how many times the boyfriend abuses a kid, both sexually and physically.

Why are making up this romance about a girl having been a top student when she is sitting in a junior college, writing on the third grade level?

My "sanctimonious crap?" Pot calling the kettle, Sturgis.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:38 pm
@anonymously99,
Any mother who behaves as these kids do, who has the child, doesn't pay attention to it, makes certain the kid is language lagged at 18 months is killing that kid.

There are many ways to die and these women abuse their kids in so many ways, killing them inch by inch over the years.

People like you encourage and extend the problem.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:42 pm
@anonymously99,
BTW, as I have many of the respondents to this thread on ignore, I have no idea who wrote the piece you quoted. I don't want to know but I will tell you this, that I read more papers and listen to more news and actually live in the real world.

I have no idea who you are but try reading your post now and see if you can make head or tails of it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 07:01 am
Hey! All of you who so militantly would counsel young girls to continue their pregnancies because loving couples are out there waiting for the babies:

A 3-year-old girl in the care of this couple suffered second-degree burns to her entire body, and the pair admitted to the alleged abuse, according to Fontana police.

The foster child was hospitalized with "numerous aerosol burns to her entire body and back," police said.

She and two other foster children were removed from the home of Emily and Robert Ismael, who are facing criminal charges.

Read KTLA's story here: http://ktlane.ws/1htpv58
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 07:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes, edgar, ALLOW THE WOMAN TO MAKE UP HER OWN MIND.

People here jump all over me because they think I might persuade a pregnant girl to abort.

But what about the militant, so called "prolife" advocates who brain wash these girls?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 07:07 am
@FOUND SOUL,
The mother failed that little girl. Not the system. The mother.

This summer, the news carried several stories of another small girl who was failed by her mother. In July, the pedophile (already served time for the crime) boyfriend of the mother of a five month old baby was given permission by that mother to have sex with the baby.

After he raped her, he strangled her. She would have died of her torn anus and lower bowel.

I suggest that had this "mother" been counseled against having an abortion, then the grandparents might be able to sue the counselor as aiding and abetting child abuse.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 05:44 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
The mother failed that little girl. Not the system. The mother.

This summer, the news carried several stories of another small girl who was failed by her mother. In July, the pedophile (already served time for the crime) boyfriend of the mother of a five month old baby was given permission by that mother to have sex with the baby.

After he raped her, he strangled her. She would have died of her torn anus and lower bowel.
That is sodomy, not rape.

plainoldme wrote:
I suggest that had this "mother" been counseled against having an abortion,
then the grandparents might be able to sue the counselor
as aiding and abetting child abuse.
I have always believed in and supported the un-limited right of abortion, the same as getting a haircut,
and I still do, but I don t believe that litigation woud be viable.
Defendant woud rightfully be entitled to summary judgment.
Obviously, anyone has a right to express an opinion.
The indicated forcible sodomy and murder were too far separated
from any abortion-related advice. The test is FORESEEABILITY.
0 Replies