Shall we grovel?

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:28 pm
Does 49 include those countries that dropped out this week? Somehow the count seems to reflect an absurdly optimistic view of things shared by the US administration and some of the posters here.

"Everything is fine, really! Just ignore all those horrible photos and news reports..."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:29 pm
Yes, Palau is my alltime favourite!
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:31 pm
"Don't worry, be happy."

I would too if I had Bush's wealth.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:37 pm
Click on the link and count 'em yourself. Subtract any that you know to be gone. I believe the page was generated some time in March, so it may not be up to date.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:28 pm
I read Palau is sending dried coconut to the troops! Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:34 pm
Maybe we can start a friendly A2K pool: How many nations in the Coalition of the Willing on June 30?

(Hard to say, but I'd imagine that the number will be smaller, not larger, by then...)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:37 pm
copra has a declining market value
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:57 pm
from what i have read in quite a few european online newspapers, it seems that there are not many european nations interested in cleaning up the mess,whether the united nations become involved or not. remember the saying : "if you break it, you bought it " ... and you pay for it (and no one else !). hbg
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:22 pm
infowarrior,

Quote:
The way it works is as follows.

When a nation invades and occcupies another nation, the invading nation assumes the debt of the invaded nation.

That means, you and me.

The UN means zippo here. In any event, do you want the UN making foreign policy decisions for the USA?

I don't.

Actually that means you, not me. I'm Canadian. As far as the UN making for policy decisions for the USA - with the current administration I think I would prefer the UN to be making those decisions. Wink

I'm just thinking of all the $$$ sunk into this project and all the animosity that has developed towards a country that has generally been very popular, and recently had the world's sympathy because of 9/11.

Even the strongest of individuals need friends. I guess my opinion is that what is best for the world is most likely best for the USA in the longrun, as opposed to what's best for the USA is best for the world.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 08:18 pm
Eight
Eight months before J. Kerry Admin. A whole lot could change by then. What J. Kerry would do is almost unknowable because of what events might occur.

Will whoever has any say so in Iraq accept UN mandates?

The handover means almost nothing. The US Govt. will be in charge of anything of importance.

The question should be what is BushCorpse going to do within the next eight months, even next week?
0 Replies