Second date argument

Ggfrans

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 11:47 pm
So our first date was great, his the type of guy that's very confident & he brings out the smart ass in me for some reason so when we talk were a little smart ass/cheeky to each other. Here's my dilemma, second date last night & from the moment he picked me up he was being such a smart ass that it started to go too far and it was becoming more rude than jokey. I was getting upset because I didn't understand how he didn't realise I was getting mad & I didn't understand why he thought he could take it so far and talk to me like that. Anyway I ended up being like 'stop being such a dick' & when we went to get food I felt so uncomfortable I didn't order anything and just sat there on my phone being pissed off. He said sorry he didn't realise I was actually getting annoyed & that he wasn't intentionally doing it. I wouldn't drop it & couldn't help but keep a grudge. I just kept saying how he treated me like **** & I don't get why you'd do that blah blah. Afterwards we got a drink and chatted and I got over it. He said he was nervous so he over compensated by being over the top & that he really wanted to hangout with me tonight. Night ended good we got over it and went back to normal. This morning I feel so bad, I'm annoyed at myself cause I feel like I overreacted and kept dragging it on and being such a princess about it all I should have just been like stop being rude & moved on not dwelled & constantly said how annoyed I was or how **** he had made me feel ect. I txt him saying sorry I was just in an annoyed mood I didn't mean to over react and he was like nah all good I appreciate the apology.. but now I'm worried I've ruined my chances with him & that he thinks I'm some crazy girl who holds grudges and over reacts & gets pissed easily. What do you think? How can I fix this? What do you think he thinks of me now?

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 09:53 am
@Ggfrans,
He just told you that it was fine and he accepted your apology.

So, why do you think he's not being truthful about that?

Chances are really good that he actually means that. Take it at face value, as you have no reason, as of right now, to assume that he's not being fully honest with you.

Good for you, actually, for sticking up for yourself, and telling him when he'd gone too far.

Bad for you, for acting like a petulant child about it.

From here, it looks like he wants to continue. So continue! And assume he's telling the God's honest truth unless he gives you a damned good reason not to think that. You know, the old innocent until proven guilty? Well, he's honest (and so should be everyone you meet on the planet, I might add) until he's proven to be a liar, a smooth talker, or an exaggerator.

Also, and next time? If he goes too far, tell him it bothers you and then don't just sit there on the phone. It's bratty and disrespectful. If you don't want the date to continue, then say so, and go home or have him bring you home, or get a cab. But sitting there at a meal, on your phone, when you're out on a date, is pretty damned rude.

Your hands are not clean in this matter.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:24 am
I can't believe YOU apologized to HIM for being a JERK.

Your mistake was staying for the entire evening, then pouting about it. I would have asked him to turn the car around immediately.

He has told you he was nervous and acted like a jerk. Now you know what he's going to be like when he stresses out or gets nervous. That's his coping mode. Want to put up with THAT all the time?
contrex

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 01:36 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I can't believe YOU apologized to HIM for being a JERK.

Your mistake was staying for the entire evening, then pouting about it. I would have asked him to turn the car around immediately.

He has told you he was nervous and acted like a jerk. Now you know what he's going to be like when he stresses out or gets nervous. That's his coping mode. Want to put up with THAT all the time?

I agree one hundred per cent with all of this post.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:18 pm
Punkey is right.

Your wrong was not standing up for yourself immediately and telling him if he continued this way you were going home.

He accepted your apology. Move on. Or don't. If he's not over it, he'll let you know. Even when we apologize, words cannot be taken back so any damage that might have been done is done.
0 Replies

Kathy77

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:45 pm
@Ggfrans,
He said it was ok so don't make anything of it. I'm sure he got over it so should you. This doesn't sound like a deal breaker.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 10:33 pm
@Ggfrans,
He was probably testing you. Don't worry. He loves you. Is falling for you. But wanting you to fall for him. To get everyone out of your life for him so you direct all of your attention toward him. Puppy love. Cute. Don't worry. Wink

With you having mentioned what you mentioned you should understand his maturity level now. That if he were a true man he would had done proposed to you by now instead of playing these rediculous games with you. Hate that you are having to suffer such immaturity.
0 Replies