Maximilian Schell, Oscar-Winning Actor, Dies at 83

Ragman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Hehe...I know what you meant. They're clearly both possessing that rugged good looks with a square jaw, swarthy looks and dark deeply-set eyes.

Judgment at Nuremburg was one of the best movies I recall seeing at a young age. His acting was superb.

He made a notable movie in or around the '00s period about his sister, Maria .... and it also received acclaim.

"In 2002, he produced his most intimate film, My Sister Maria, a documentary about his sister, noted actress Maria Schell. In the film, he chronicles her life, career and eventual diminished capacity due to illness. The film, made three years before her death, shows her mental and physical frailty, leading to her withdrawing from the world. In 2002, upon the completion of the film, they both received Bambi Awards, and were honored for their lifetime achievements and in recognition of the film."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:08 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
He made a notable movie in or around the '00s period about his sister, Maria .... and it also received acclaim.
2002 it was.
Ragman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 12:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I sandwiched in a re-edit. thanks, Walter.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:37 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Foofie, sometimes you are so exasperating. I don't know where you got your nutty theory regarding Pedigree of humans but I find it offensive, intrusive and proof that however you think you stack up on the human scale of perfection, I think we can all agree your ancestors never married into intelligence.

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2013/10/08/new.information.discovered.about.ancestry.ashkenazi.jews

Who mentioned "perfection"? And, I believe my ancestors did not "marry" into intelligence in this past millenium. I would posit that female ancestors would only allow themselves to be raped by Cossacks that were at least non-commissioned officers. In that way they were getting DNA that at least could rise to the rank of sergeant.

Before this millenium, they might have "married" out of the faith, but that is all lost in the mist of time.

glitterbag

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 06:36 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Foofie, sometimes you are so exasperating. I don't know where you got your nutty theory regarding Pedigree of humans but I find it offensive, intrusive and proof that however you think you stack up on the human scale of perfection, I think we can all agree your ancestors never married into intelligence.

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2013/10/08/new.information.discovered.about.ancestry.ashkenazi.jews

Who mentioned "perfection"? And, I believe my ancestors did not "marry" into intelligence in this past millenium. I would posit that female ancestors would
only allow themselves to be raped by Cossacks that were at least noncommissioned officers. In that way they were getting DNA that at least could rise to the rank of sergeant.

Before this millenium, they might have "married" out of the faith, but that is all lost in the mist of time.

As I said, it's obvious no one in your ancestral pool married or bred with intelligence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 07:33 pm
According to our local newspaper, Max was a filmmaker and an opera director in addition to his good acting with his handsome features.

He just completed work on a television production at the time of his death.

0 Replies

pep1

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Was Maria ever diagnosed with Alzheimer's? The playing of her movies over/over might suggest that. It was perhaps the only thing she could remember. Never saw the movie.
0 Replies