Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:10 pm
But i had to put my mom in check regarding a stupid chain email she sent me. I could have stopped with, "mom, this is craziness." But nooooo, not me.

I proceeded to prove it wrong. And then reply to everyone she forwarded it too. Was that too much? I can't stand chain emails full of anti-obama bullshit.

If you don't like him, that's great. Hate him for real reasons. Not ones someone has fabricated from little (or no) facts from the internet. Rolling Eyes

Sheesh.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 992 • Replies: 8

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:15 pm
I have family just as guilty. But talking to them is like preaching to the stones. I only react when it becomes unavoidable, anymore.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:15 pm
@Bella Dea,
I don t like him,
but I don t see that that's great.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:17 pm
@Bella Dea,
He has done tiny little things
that I 'd do, if I occupied that office; fun things.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:29 pm
I stopped a family member I like but disagree with from sending me anti obama stuff, which he was doing routinely, maybe five years ago now. He and my ex used to enjoy arguing politics in a cordial manner, but that's not me. As a nugget of remaining family, we agreed we don't want to be on the outs more than we want to argue politics (we being the family elders).

I'm not all pro Obama myself anymore, but I can understand his views and behavior.

On sending all those emails, I get the instinct to do it. Haven't done it myself, but on other matters than politics, say, food safety or whatever, I'll email the sender separately and she (usually a she) can forward it or not.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:41 pm
@Bella Dea,
The truth is, there are a lot of people willing to believe anything that furthers their own viewpoint. It is sad and frustrating, and does not advance their cause.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 06:41 pm
I normally wouldn't call her out on it because 9 times out of 10 she doesn't send anything like that. But I called her then and talked to her and guess what? She was enjoying a few adult beverages with some friends! That explains the lax email boundaries.....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 06:41 pm
Ooooo, did I just create a new forum??? Mr. Green
ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 06:49 pm
@Bella Dea,
Yep!
0 Replies