Kids and Guns by the Numbers

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 12:17 am

Commentary on the show:
Dana Loesch confronts ABC anchors on anti-gun hit piece The Blaze

http://www.examiner.com/article/dana-loesch-confronts-abc-anchors-on-anti-gun-hit-piece
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 04:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Phew!

Only 28 children were killed last year, due to accidental gunshot.

For a minute there, I thought the US had a problem!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 04:46 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Phew!

Out of 31O,OOO,OOO+ people.
BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 05:08 am
@jcboy,
Strange as when I was growing up the real guns not my toy guns was just one of the many things in the home that I was to leave alone such as matches and lighters or the chemicals under the sink or..........
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 05:16 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:

An out of a population of 300 millions how many children was burned to death due to playing with matches?

How about being poison or electrocuted.

Or the big one drowning in back yard pools?

personal footnote: the nearest I came to dying as a young child in a home accident was when someone forgot to place the gate on the entrance of a very long staircase and I went down it head over heel, in one of those devices that allow babies to move around before they can walk.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 05:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:
Phew!

Out of 31O,OOO,OOO+ people.

Don't you pull up your frilly skirts at me, armchair General. They're your kids....knock yourselves out!
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:03 am
@BillRM,
From a recent article in Huffington Post.

....."In the first week after the Newtown, Conn., massacre on Dec. 14, more than 100 people in the U.S. were killed by guns. In the first seven weeks, that number had risen to at least 1,285 gunshot killings and accidental deaths. A little more than three months after Newtown, there have been 2,244. The Huffington Post has recorded every gun-involved murder and accidental shooting death reported in U.S. news media since Newtown, revealing an epidemic that shows no signs of abating........"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/22/gun-deaths-us-newtown_n_2935686.html

Like I say......knock yourselves out.......and there was GWB worrying about Al Quaeda killing Americans. You lot seem to be doing their job for them.

Just saying.

BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:08 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Don't you pull up your frilly skirts at me, armchair General. They're your kids....knock yourselves out!

Sorry but your logic is lacking as banning backyard swimming pools would save far more kids lives then banning guns in the homes.

You not a bit interested, in my opinion, in saving children lives you are interested instead of using children as an excuse to be anti guns and anti second amendment otherwise guns would be way down you list of household dangers to be removed.

Quote:
Each year, about 4,000 people die from drowning in the United States. Drowning is a leading cause of unintentional injury death among all ages.
Drowning is the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death among children ages 1 to 14, with more than 1,500 children killed in water accidents each year.
More than one in four fatal drowning victims are children 14 and younger. For every child who dies from drowning, another four receive emergency department care for non-fatal submersion injuries.
In 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available, there were 3,582 fatal unintentional drownings in the United States, averaging 10 deaths per day.
In 2005, drowning claimed 500 youth lives. Of all children 1 to 4 years old who died that year, almost 30% died from drowning.
The place where drowning is likely to occur changes with age. About 60% of deaths among children occur in swimming pools. Children ages 1 to 4 years most often drown in home pools.
Drowning usually happens quickly and silently—many children who drown in home pools were out of sight for less than 5 minutes and in the care of one or both parents at the time.
Many assume that drowning persons are easy to identify or exhibit obvious signs of distress. Instead, people tend to drown quietly and quickly. Children and adults are rarely able to call out or wave their arms when they are in distress in the water, and can submerge in 20 to 60 seconds.
Nonfatal drownings can cause brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities including memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning (i.e., permanent vegetative state).
Irreversible brain damage can occur within four to six minutes of submersion.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:08 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
From a recent article in Huffington Post.

....."In the first week after the Newtown, Conn., massacre on Dec. 14, more than 100 people in the U.S. were killed by guns. In the first seven weeks, that number had risen to at least 1,285 gunshot killings and accidental deaths. A little more than three months after Newtown, there have been 2,244. The Huffington Post has recorded every gun-involved murder and accidental shooting death reported in U.S. news media since Newtown, revealing an epidemic that shows no signs of abating........"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/22/gun-deaths-us-newtown_n_2935686.html

Like I say......knock yourselves out.......and there was GWB worrying about Al Quaeda killing Americans. You lot seem to be doing their job for them.

Just saying.
Most of it is drug gang related strife
qua turf disputes or robberies of the drug sellers.
Until I get a job working for the drug gangs,
I won t worry much about it.

David
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:10 am
@BillRM,
I didn't supply logic. I merely stated an opinion.

If you feel that you are happy with the situation then so be it. I'm sure that every American will also feel happy about the situation, now that you have explained it so well.

Carry on.
BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:15 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
more than 100 people in the U.S. were killed by guns. In the first seven weeks, that number had risen to at least 1,285 gunshot killings and accidental deaths. A little more than three months after Newtown, there have been 2,244. The Huffington Post has recorded every gun-involved murder and accidental shooting death reported in U.S. news media since Newtown, revealing an epidemic that shows no signs of abating........"

Epidemic when the murder/homicide rate is at a fifty years low and roughly half of what it was in the 1980s!!!!!!!!!!!!

What damn bullshit.............

Next people been killing people had been done in large numbers long before firearms came into existence and you are no better off it you force people to used edge weapons or some other method to do their killings.

After you removed all the guns out of homes are you going to go after all the kitchen knives and baseball bats and................
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:16 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Nice of you not to worry, General.

You could probably, if you train yourself well enough, end up not worrying about guns as much as the average European. We pretty much never think about them, until we see or read about the horror of the situation over there.

Carry on.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

I didn't supply logic. I merely stated an opinion.

If you feel that you are happy with the situation then so be it.
'm sure that every American will also feel happy about the situation, now that you have explained it so well.

Carry on.
Thank u.
Like people who r injured in vehicular collisions who don t wear seatbelts,
too many of the victims are irresponsibly un-armed.
Their negligence contributed to their mis-fortune.

When I was a kid, I was always armed (from 8 on up).

David
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:18 am
@BillRM,
Take it up with Huffington, Billy Bob. I'm sure they wouldn't want to intentionally upset the gun lobby psychos with false stats. Very Happy
BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:19 am
@Lordyaswas,
As I stated if you care about the little ones as you are claiming you would be going after dangers that killed thousands of children every year long before you would get down to a danger that killed twenty or thirty out of a population of 300 millions.

You are a damn phony in my opinion.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
....."When I was a kid, I was always armed (from 8 on up)....."

Just out of curiosity, what rank were you then?

Armchair corporal?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:20 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Nice of you not to worry, General.

You could probably, if you train yourself well enough,
end up not worrying about guns as much as the average European.
We pretty much never think about them, until we see or read about the horror of the situation over there.

Carry on.
Well, we want to think about them enuf
to keep them properly maintained and to have fun with gunnery practice.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:21 am
@Lordyaswas,
I get my stats from the CDC and the FBI I have no idea where the Huffington post get their.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:22 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Take it up with Huffington, Billy Bob.
I'm sure they wouldn't want to intentionally upset the gun lobby psychos
with false stats. Very Happy
That 's rude.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 06:23 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

As I stated if you care about the little ones as you are claiming you would be going after dangers that killed thousands of children every year long before you would get down to a danger that killed twenty or thirty out of a population of 300 millions.

You are a damn phony in my opinion.

I never claimed I was caring about anything, Billy Bob. If you recall, I suggested you go ahead and knock yourselves out, as they were your kids.
Don't go getting all hissy at me for stuff that happens in your own back yards while you are on duty.

If you're happy, Billy Bob, then I'm happy for you.