Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 01:02 am
Lately I've been mad at my boyfriend everytime he opens his mouth. I'm not usually so hostile and aggressive towards anyone but him. We've been together for two years and I've noticed that both of us are changing. I want to do a lot of things in life and he keeps saying forever. To me forever is a long time, I've always been scared of commitment but have never cheated on anyone. Ive already graduated high school and held off on attending college for my boyfriend who is in his senior year now. Lately it feels like I'm stuck with nowhere to go and I don't like this at all. He wants to do all this stuff his senior year and during mine didn't want me to do anything fun. He's not a bad boyfriend but being the girl and the only one currently with a job and after prom, cutting his hair supplies, food, dates, and holidays it's seems as though I'm the one left with the bill. I love my boyfriend and I care about him a lot but I kinda feel used, he gets me a few things and I understand his lack of job but recently I've realized how much of a gap he's been on my paychecks and I feel like right now isn't the best time for a relationship for me but when I being it up he cries and gets upset, how do I do this right without risking our friendship and hurting him due to his weak heart(heart murmur)and live my life and get situated?
Btw he gave my his virginity which may have a lot to deal with it.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:06 am
You sound like you are ready to explore the world and grow up as a woman and you have this younger guy hanging you back. He sounds VERY dependent on you. Is that what you want?

BeatMeSenseless

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:38 am
@PUNKEY,
You pretty much summed it all into one sentence. That's exactly what I want, and also how I feel.
panzade

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:06 am
@BeatMeSenseless,
A wise person once told me this generalization:
Men marry women hoping they won't change.
And women marry men hoping to change them,

Sometimes love and friendship perish when one is struggling to find one's way in life.
Be true to your heart.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:12 pm
@BeatMeSenseless,
Which sentence? Punkey's first or second?

I think you need to let him go, to grow up or not grow up. You need to let him go to grow as you want to yourself. That's my strong opinion.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:33 pm
@BeatMeSenseless,
Now WHY would a woman tie herself down with an immature, younger man who has not experienced enough life to know anything about anything?

Break away and explore the world. Travel, go to school, meet people, get a job, volunteer, work with the elderly or kids, learn to cook, read, appreciate the arts, live on your own - THEN declare undying love for a man just as experienced.
skp

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:40 pm
@BeatMeSenseless,
Go with your heart.
panzade

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:51 pm
@PUNKEY,
That's some good advice
0 Replies

BeatMeSenseless

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:54 pm
@panzade,
That person is very wise and make sense indeed.
0 Replies

BeatMeSenseless

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks, I'll talk to him soon
0 Replies

BeatMeSenseless

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:59 pm
@PUNKEY,
Why?
Honestly, at the time when we first were together all was great, I think it was the lack of maturity in both of us that made up get along so well. We were both childish and fun but now me being forced to grow up I see things differently than he.

I believe you are right and have helped me a great deal and for that I appreciate it greatly. I will try to experience everything life has to offer me, hopefully your advice will help someone too afraid to ask.
0 Replies

BeatMeSenseless

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:59 pm
@skp,
And my heart it is
skp

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 08:57 am
@BeatMeSenseless,
Don't stress yourself out too much about. If you believe in God, then pray about. Wait for the answer.
0 Replies