Why would a gay guy stare at a girl ?

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 03:58 pm
So this gay guy stares deeply into my eyes without smiling also , one time with my first he was far away and he turned and just stared

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 04:28 pm
@ThatMysteryGirl,
How do you know this guy who was staring was gay?
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 05:55 pm
@ThatMysteryGirl,
Quote:
So this gay guy stares deeply into my eyes without smiling also , one time with my first he was far away and he turned and just stared

I want to assume you knew this guy personally or knew/know someone personally who knew, knows this guy personally, etc.. in order for you to know this guy was gay.
Staring. Possible reasons for doing so..
Loves your eyes.
Knows you better than you think he does knowing you don't know.
He's trying to hypnotize you with his stare.
He's deeply, secretly in love with you.
He's not gay. It's a cover up.
He has plans to make you his. You don't know it yet.
Etc.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 08:18 pm
Gay, straight or asexual, I'd ask him why he was starting at me.

Pretty simple and common sense solution actually.

If he's got the nerve to stare, you should have the nerve to ask.
secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:47 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Gay, straight or asexual, I'd ask him why he was starting at me.

Pretty simple and common sense solution actually.

If he's got the nerve to stare, you should have the nerve to ask.

If someone. Is to stare, look your way.. you must have attracted their attention. Whether in a negative or positive way.

The mature way to react is to do nothing. Unless reaquired. I don't think it is required to act, re act in an immature way. You should be mature with your decisions. If you're sexy and you know it.. raise your skirt, show a little leg. Wink
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:57 am
@secondusername,
Why would you think it would be immature to ask why a person is staring at you?

By doing nothing, you're giving tacit permission to someone to treat you like an object. Not only that, you are reinforcing their rude behavior, making them think they can do this to anyone they wish.

Staring is rude. It's immature as well. It not only puts the other person in a potentially uncomfortable position, but is something a 2 year old child does, not an adult.
secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:12 am
@chai2,
I must be immature. I find it, staring to be.. a turn on.. sometimes because I must be attractive.. or I ignore it. Depends. But if someone is staring then they MUST be attracted to you. So if you hate that they are staring then do something you know would make them turn their head. Or ignore them. But. Unfortunately. Understanding the maturity level of this person who is staring is a must. That itself goes a long way. Wave at them to let them know you know they're looking at you. If they keep looking then walk away. If I looked up at someone and they noticed I looked at them and they proceeded to wave I personally would feel bad, then immediately look away. I'm a coward.

You being bothered by someone looking at you or your way defines your maturity level.
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:17 am
@chai2,
From what I've gathered chai2.. you do yoga?, often and work.. am sure you look sexy. Someone looks at you, you should take it as their complement for acknowledging how sexy you look. Don't let it bother you. Someone staring at you should make you feel good. Should help your confidence. it should.
secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:22 am
@secondusername,
Another one of my personalities says/feels if someone were staring at me I personally would run away, try to hide, try to leave, etc so they weren't staring at me any more. That feeling of being afraid.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 09:04 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Staring is rude. It's immature as well. It not only puts the other person in a potentially uncomfortable position, but is something a 2 year old child does, not an adult.

Or here's an alternative idea. The person in question just might not be staring at all. Everyone here is making the assumption that the original poster is relatively sane and presently in her right mind. For all we know, no one is staring at her and this thread is basically a paranoid's rant.

Take a quick glance through the user's other threads. They're either stuff of a somewhat immature person (or troll) or someone who probably should be getting professional help.
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
You know tsar, I was rethinking my original answer. I answered it based on the assumption the OP is as s/he described, and that the starer was as s/he presented.

When I catch someone staring, there's an automatic instantaneous checklist that goes through my mind.

Written here in no particular order, I ascertain if....

The person appears aggressive. There are times when it would be safest to avoid connecting with the person. They might be drunk and volatile, they might be just jonesing for a confrontation. It's all dependant on the situation.

If they are staring, or just "lost in thought". Ususally someone like this isn't right on top of you, they may be sitting across the room and not even realize until eye contact is given back that they were what appeared to be staring.

There are few situations that I would give them the Bobby DeNiro treatment. More like me would be to say "Did you need something/want to say something?" etc.

Even more like I would look back at them and furrow my brows at them to let them know they were staring and it wasn't welcome.

Wally and I were in a restaurant a few weeks ago, and suffice it to say, we were both really unhappy with everything there. I'm sure the looks on our faces showed that. When I looked around at one point, I saw a man a couple of tables away, blatantly staring, not like he was concerned, but almost like we shouldn't be expressing our feelings w/ each other. I saw him, looked away and immediatley back, thinking he might have just been glancing over. He wasn't, he was still staring. So I gave him the full on "Whaddayoulookinatbub?" scowl, and he burst into flames.

Good thing Wally didn't stare at him.
http://www.soundonsight.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/clint_eastwood1.jpg

Admiring or interested glances are welcome, staring is not. I get into interesting conversations with people all the time because we glanced at each other and start talking. Someone staring is more apt to make me leave the room.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:28 pm
Maybe she had something on her face,
like on the corner of her mouth,
a smear of something like mustard or lip liner and,
just as he was screwing up his courage to say something,
the thought came to him :

"Nah, not worth the trouble."

Joe( and he kept on walking)Nation
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Or here's an alternative idea. The person in question just might not be staring at all. Everyone here is making the assumption that the original poster is relatively sane and presently in her right mind. For all we know, no one is staring at her and this thread is basically a paranoid's rant.

I replied with believing she was innocent. She posted so I immediately assume she seriously seeks advice, help, etc. She, woman, the poster. Could be a man for all we know. Besides the point. He seeks answers, advice, help, etc.

I have no problem with admitting to the fact that I am a paranoid troll who needs professional help. Wink
secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:53 pm
@chai2,
Chai2. I am going to hire a private investigator. to find you. I will then go to where you are. Wait for you to be in public. and I will follow you. There will be times I will be staring at you. being lost in thought. Or I may be admiring you. obsessively. I will do this until you confront me or have the cops take me away you put a, file a restraining order against me etc etc.. but say you confront me first. I will act like I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. So of course. the restraining order will most likely be necessary. I would ignore the restraining order following you to your home or I knowing where you live because the pi I hired gave me the info.. I will sit in my car in front of your home and just stare at you each time you walk out your door. You can't stop me from hiring a pi. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:55 pm
@secondusername,
secondusername wrote:

I have no problem with admitting to the fact that I am a paranoid troll who needs professional help. Wink

FYI, I was referring to the original poster. Not yours truly. Cool
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:57 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
How do you know this guy who was staring was gay?

She knew someone, who knew someone, who knew someone, who knows someone.

There's no telling.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 03:22 am
@ThatMysteryGirl,
Maybe he thought you looked like a man.
secondusername

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 09:40 am
@izzythepush,
Yes. I do kind of, look like a man.
0 Replies

antoinettehennigan

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 04:13 am
@ThatMysteryGirl,
so he wasn't really gay, you just assumed. And maybe he was thinking about something ...deep in his daydream.

new zealand tours from australia
0 Replies