Does my co-worker/crush like me back? Or is this hopeful thinking on my part!?

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 01:14 pm
I work with her at a restaurant. I have a huge crush on her. I work at this restaurant part-time while she works there full time. Anyway, one day my manager (Isaac) let me this Blu Ray. She saw him give it to me and said "Is Issac giving you a dirty movie or what?" and I said "I'm really lonely, ok?" and then she said "awww." Another time I was in the back of the restaurant and she suddenly stopped and said "what are you wearing" and I said Armani" and she said "I have the perfume version of it, I love it." A couple of days later I walked by her and she asked me if I could stop and put a bracelet on her. As I was putting it on her, she asked me how was school. A couple of days later she told me that she bought the new Armani perfume and she asked me to smell the underside of her wrist. I then said it smelled like the trademark Armani she said "oohhhh". Another time I walked into the restaurant and when I was looking at her she was looking back and smiling at me.

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 02:33 pm
YOU have the crush on HER. I don't see one thing in your post that shows anything other than friendship.

Enjoy your fantasies. But unless she makes a move on you, keep it private. You could get fired.

May I ask your ages?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 02:36 pm
@LTinkAspie20,
Ask her out for a coffee or cheap lunch/dinner or a movie. Don't call it or make it an official date. See if you're compatible and if she has any reciprocal interest in you as well.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 03:29 pm
@LTinkAspie20,
To work in the Restaurant Industry, you have to be able to converse with everyone and in addition, you must converse with everyone. It's the Hospitality Industry.

The fact she said "awe" means she felt sorry for you. In my opinion. I don't know if I would have personally answered her with what you did. I mean if you have a crush on someone, you don't tell them that you are borrowing a dirty movie to do your own private deed because you are lonely.

The fact that she asked you how was school, suggests she sees you as a 'kid'. And is trying to be friendly, same with the perfume.

Sounds as if she is older than you, so she will be wiser. Women make moves these days. But if you actually like her, don't put down anything, as that is what you did by suggesting the perfume she purchased and shared with you, which matched what you had, was a fake, suggesting yours was real..

LTinkAspie20

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 09:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
"But if you actually like her, don't put down anything, as that is what you did by suggesting the perfume she purchased and shared with you, which matched what you had, was a fake, suggesting yours was real.."

Sorry, what do you mean (I don't understand the wording here). What do you mean "don't put down anything." Do you mean don't put myself down or keep to myself? Why do you think she had fake perfume and I have real cologne?
panzade

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 11:00 am
@LTinkAspie20,
Quote:
An individual with AS has challenges understanding or predicting the consequences of his/her behavior on others

Navigating social Male/Female interaction in the workplace is tricky for you, but you seem to be aware of that and open to suggestions.

Quote:
AS individuals, because they have a hard time separating boundaries at times, may hear criticism (of anything)..as a criticism of them, and they likely will not be willing to tolerate it.

You might want to visit this site to get help with your interactions at work
http://www.wrongplanet.net/
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 08:30 am
@panzade,
We don't know if this is a 15 year old busboy and a 25 year old waitress, or two 30 year olds. He never answered my question about how old each person is.

panzade

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 08:55 am
@PUNKEY,
Sometimes we learn a lot by looking at the posters entire set of threads.
Quote:
I went to my first strip club on Tuesday. I'm 20 and I have Asperger Syndrome (mild form of autism). I'm currently in a Bachelor of Science (pre-med program).

I have reservations about A2Kers dispensing advice to an AS poster.
IMO at times it's better to suggest other sites.
0 Replies