I Broke Up With My Fiancé Of Close To 2 Year & I Don't Know How 2 Get Over Him?

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:38 am
Well We Have Been Engaged Close To 2 Years & These Past 4 Months He Has Changed. He Fights With Me More, Has Become Abusive, & Has Cheated On Me Multiple Times With His Ex Girlfriend. & Right Now Im Stuck Because I Love Him But He Hurt Me Bad Though!

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 09:30 am
@shelbydancy,
From his ACTIONS, he does not love you.

Why stay with him?

You need to see this with correct vision.
shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 09:34 am
@PUNKEY,
I Know But I Was With Him For Close To 2 Years & Its Hard Though!
jespah

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 09:48 am
@shelbydancy,
This was a significant relationship. In some ways, ending it is a bit like a death. Give yourself some permission to grieve.

Not wallow, grieve. There's a difference.

This is a time to take stock of yourself as a person. It's also a good time to reconnect with friends, as you probably put them a bit to the side during your relationship. You need them! So lean on them; that's what they're there for. And if you find that they don't care, you'll begin to know who your real friends are.

But do them a favor, and don't make the interactions all about you, and how you're hurting. Go for a girls' night out. Get pedicures together. Go to a chick flick. Have coffee. Read a book together and discuss it. Whatever kinds of interactions you like to have with your friends (and these can be male friends, too, BTW), then have them. Because these other activities are good diversions and will help you to cope.

Take care of yourself physically. This means eating right, exercising, and putting on the warpaint. Not to find another guy, but to do it for yourself. Exercise is shown to have a similar or even better impact on depression as a lot of prescription medications. http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Exercise-and-Depression-report-excerpt.htm I am not saying that you're depressed, but you may understandably be feeling down. Getting out and going for a walk, or going to a gym, will help. Getting out is also good because, at least in the Northern Hemisphere, it's winter and it's dark. Going out at all means you're getting whatever sunlight is out there. It also means that you're among people. All of these are good things and they will help you to feel better.

And, cry sometimes. Like I said, it's a bit like a death. You're allowed to feel crappy about it. Give yourself permission to feel saddened by the loss of potential. Know that better days are ahead.
Germlat

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 09:50 am
@shelbydancy,
The pain passes and leaves you with better vision concerning relationships. Be glad it happened now versus later. What if you had married him and he cheated on you 2 years later while pregnant or if you already had a child? Don't waste your time. There are others who could truly love you .
shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:03 pm
@jespah,
Thank You!
0 Replies

shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:05 pm
@Germlat,
True But Why Did It Have 2 Happen This So Far Into Our Engagement Like That Hurt Even More Because We Was Together Close To 2 Years
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm
@shelbydancy,
People change. Some for the better, some not.

Be glad you had a chance to see what he is really like when you are engaged - when he should be the most attentive and loving.

Imagine how he would be as a husband!

I am sorry for your disappointment, but please think of the future.
shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
You Are Right And Its Hard To Move On But Im Trying My Best! I Know There Is Someone Out There That Will Treat Me Better And Love Me. I Just Got To Give It Time I Guess.
panzade

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:18 pm
@shelbydancy,
If the sun total of all your posts on this site can be believed you've had a rough life.

No one can blame you for having self-esteem issues.

The one thing you have to understand is that your low self esteem is like a beacon to many undesirable men who will continue to exploit you emotionally.
The only way to avoid these guys and start having loving, nurturing relationships is to figure out how your past has brought you to this point.

I suggest you try and line up some counseling to help you grasp how your relationships with your mother and father have undermined your feelings of self worth.

Only when you grow emotionally strong and self assured will you attract the kind and loving men you deserve and you will stop pining for men who don't deserve YOU.
Germlat

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:35 pm
@shelbydancy,
You are entitled to grieve and I'm sorry for your pain. Imagine what you would feel if you were pregnant now or had invested years. It's tough and painful but you'll get through it. You are not alone. Many have the courage to leave a bad relationship behind.
shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:50 pm
@panzade,
Your Right About That Totally. When All This Happened I Immediately Signed Up For A Therapist! I Am Trying To Work On MY Self Esteem As Best As I Can It Takes Time The Therapist Told Me. I Also Write Amazing Self Esteem Boosting Message And Stick Them Places I Can See To Help Me!
shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:52 pm
@Germlat,
Im Glad I Was Not Prego!! Thank God Of That! But I Always Attract Guys Like Him And I Always Get Hurt I Never Can Find A Good Guy Or Girl Because I Am Bisexual.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:54 pm
@shelbydancy,
Quote:
I Also Write Amazing Self Esteem Boosting Message And Stick Them Places I Can See To Help Me!

Attagrrrl!
We're here to support you
shelbydancy

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 01:55 pm
@panzade,
Thank You Even Though I Don't Know You. I Greatly Appreciate Your Help IT Really Means Alot!!!!!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:49 pm
Grudge sex. Good for what ails you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:24 am
@shelbydancy,
hard is a lifetime of misery and subjugation. do you need a keeper/jailor or a loving intimate man by your side.

Your decision of breakup will free up your life if you make the right choice. Self esteem needs to be shored up. Good luck.
Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:51 am
@Ragman,
Shelby: I reread your replies a bit more. Self-esteem issues that you're having are so deeply entrenched and took your lifetime to get that way. It won't take a lifetime to make them better, so be patient with yourself and accept and welcome this growing edge. I wish you the best. the relationship of learning and accepting yourself as you are is not an easy road...but it is a must if you want a reasonably happy life and fulfillment with a significant other.
0 Replies

joannelemke

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:29 pm
@shelbydancy,
The person you thought you knew probably doesn't exist and his real personality showed itself.

If you walk down the same road you will end up at the same place. Time to move on. Don't live in a world of scarcity. There are a lot of other guys out there.
0 Replies