what can i do to make my relationship better?

Germlat

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:01 am
@Monica1993,
So you don't want to marry because you don't want to be tied down but you want a baby?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:22 pm
I hate to be the one to tell you this but you are exhibiting classic abuse behavior. You are both reaching out to condemn his behavior and then defending it. What is has done to you is wrong. If he wanted you to quit your job because you were having a baby and the two of you decided it would be best that you stayed home, this conversation wouldn't be so obvious. But you clearly said he made you quit your job because he was worried you'd cheat. That's not a normal thing for people to feel or do. This is called emotional abuse. He is breaking you down. He may never hit you but then again, he might.

If you truly feel like this is working for you, by all means you should stay. But by coming here and asking us how you can make it better that tells me (and all of us) that you know something is not right. It's not easy to do but the way to make your relationship better is to get a new one.

This might be love. You might love each other. But love isn't all you need. This isn't the kind of love you deserve.

Move on.
Cayliope

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:41 am
@Monica1993,
First look deep down and ask yourself what you want? What is it from him or this relationship that you are not getting? You should communicate what you want and how you feel with him. If you are willing to work in the relationship, that's fine but he has to be willing to work at it too. Also, you shouldn't let him stop you from working. That sounds controlling and it's not healthy for either of you. You need to have a life outside of just him or the relationship.
0 Replies

Monica1993

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:18 pm
@glitterbag,
yes you where right... I tried all I could to try and fix things with him. now I finally left him and I'm soooo happy without him. I have my family here to help me get through my hard times and its been a month and a half that I left him.... and I gotta say, its not hard for me anymore.
ehBeth

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:22 pm
@Monica1993,
It's good to hear from you again Monica. Glad to read that your family is being supportive.
Monica1993

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:33 pm
@ehBeth,
thanks... its sad that my whole family does expect me to go back but I don't want to. I'm so tired of that life all the pain he put me through and the hurt he caused me! he did me wrong so many times and I sit there and think about everything he has done to me and it really helps me not to go back. he has tried lots of times to get me back thinking it is going to be the same, "I'm going to run back to him".... but not this time!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:44 pm
@Bella Dea,
Not love, nothing like love. Obsession, ok; fear of being alone, ok; cultural desire to get along and be liked, ok

Love comes in many varieties, but caring is at the top.

Sexual infatuation is not an equation with the word love.
0 Replies

RedDragonfly

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 08:54 pm
@Monica1993,
"He made me quit my job because he thinks im going to cheat on him only because he cheated on me."
Seriously!? Drop that guy - you're better off without him! He's a manipulative, egocentric b*stard!
Leave him then: Learn to love yourself first, before you love another. Don't waste your love on him - he clearly doesn't love you , he's using you.
Good luck x
0 Replies

nazia08

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 10:57 pm
Well honestly if I was you I wouldn't try too hard to make your relationship with her better cause it will become annoying to her. Are you good at making people laugh are you funny?
0 Replies