tgordon92

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 11:13 am
Congrats to Wheel (and Belarussian biathlete Darya Domracheva) for dethroning me and ending my three-Olympics gold medal streak! Thanks to both him and McG for keeping score, also.

I agree that we could combine male and female entries for 2018. And we may need to move Netherlands up to Group A if they're still dominating speed skating.

Under 900 days until I get to attempt a defense of my Summer Olympics fantasy gold in Rio!
wheel158

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 07:31 pm
@McGentrix,
Looking at this some more, I totally agree that it makes sense to treat the Group A nations equally, but only for the Winter Olympics. However, I believe it'd be more of a challenge if we split all the Group A nations. This would also make Group A a little less important when compared to other Groups. But I'm not 100% set on this idea...

That said, I/we kind of scrambled this Olympics, and didn't plan very well this time around. For the next Olympics, I'll try to get things setup a little sooner, and not wait until the last minute...

wheel
0 Replies

wheel158

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:10 pm
@tgordon92,
Nice job to all this Olympics! I was happy to finally knock off tgordon92, after a 1.5 year wait (since the last Olympics)... Smile

I'll admit though, outside of a few speed skating and snow cross events, I grew a little bored of some of the other events. I'm sad that I missed the biathlon (which I enjoy watching) and the luge relay event (which intrigued me). But it seemed that whenever I tuned in, I kept catching the same events over and over. Perhaps that's what NBC was spoon-feeding me...

At any rate, congrats to realjohnboy and tgordon92, and the other 4 or 5 players that each held the top spot at some point during the Olympics. It kept things interesting, even if the Olympics themselves didn't hold my attention.

And thanks to @McGentrix for stepping in and posting the scores!

Until the next Olympics,
wheel
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:11 am
I think my Kazakhstan pick was particularly shrewd.

Bronze medal, baby!
tgordon92

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:01 pm
@Ticomaya,
Hi, everyone! Only 50 days until the opening ceremonies in Rio. Who's interested in 2016 Fantasy Olympics?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:07 pm
@tgordon92,
tgordon92 wrote:

Under 900 days until I get to attempt a defense of my Summer Olympics fantasy gold in Rio!

it kind of snuck up on us ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2018 09:15 pm
https://able2know.org/topic/442941-1

2018 Fantasy Winter Olympics team selection time

I picked mine in about 10 minutes - once I'd found the calculator on the computer
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 12:14 am
I'm backing the Australian-based Ecuadorian student who's representing his country in cross-country and has been 'training' in the Buderim hills. If you know anything about Australian geography you'll know that area hasn't seen snow since the last ice age. If he can ski there actual snow will be a doddle.
0 Replies