4

Odd, strange, or bizarre news stories from the Empire State!

1  
Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2021 10:16 pm
Ha!
You don't know the half of it.

As the story progressed, there were times that a footnote lasted like 30 pages, and within that footnote there would be references to other footnotes many pages hence.

I've read the book twice. The first time I admit I ended up skimming through the footnotes.

The 2nd time I went all out and read them. Sometimes the footnotes were a great story in themselves.

There was also at least one easter egg in the footnotes. One of the footnotes referenced another one.....that wasn't there. I was determined to find it.
I did. I can't remember what the clue was on finally being able to locate it, but it was an extremely difficult (but satisfying) puzzle.

In fact, the footnotes were very reflective of the book in general...echos within echos, mazes that double back, and when you get back to point X, and the other corridor is moved, or no longer there.

It is truly being Alice on the other side of the looking glass. Nothing was how it seemed.

1  
Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2021 05:53 pm