Rejection Stings

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:52 pm
Recently I was rejected by a man. He simply stopped communicating with me.
After sending him a couple messages and receiving no reply, clearly he is not interested.
Friday, I may potentially see him at a party. Logically, I'm aware and know the mature thing to do would be to act graceful and simply let it go. However, I'm not feeling that way. I'm feeling vengeful. I want to look extra pretty on Friday and laugh and look very happy and hope that other guys hit on me in hopes that he will notice take interest and try to talk to me again so that I can smile and say "okay, text me" so that when he does I can ignore him. There's just such a good feeling about pay back.
I recognize that is not very mature. I should let it go considering there are plenty of fish in the sea but it's still bothering me.

What can I do to forgive him and just let it be?
Should I even go on Friday knowing that he might be there?
Even if I don't see him Friday I will eventually run into him...later is not dangerous with time I'll be okay but this Friday is kinda soon the rejection occurred a couple of days ago. Sad

The worse part is I know my value and my worth. Not to sound arrogant but I am way above his level and I still liked him for who he is even though my friends said i could do better (look wise)

I know that I am smart, pretty, have a cute body, a personality, silly at times, goal oriented, determined, motivated, a hard worker ....but his rejection still stings!!! and makes me feel sad

Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 924 • Replies: 14

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:56 pm
Thoughts? just stop it. Roll your shoulders..
LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Not that easy to just do ...especially when emotions are still runnning high
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:03 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Get ahold of yourself. Reread what you posted.

Are you trying to make it all worse?
I see I haven't read your other posts, but I'll be back tomorrow.

LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:08 pm
@ossobuco,
True Sad
Have you been rejected before?

I'm going to a party/get together Friday that he might be at. I'm re considering going because I'm not sure if I want to bump into him just yet.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:11 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Of course I have. Actually, I'd have to work up remembering that. There was the guy who didn't talk on our first date. That was a long couple of bus rides.
I remember the non rejects...
I'm an older woman. I've had a lively love life with various horribleness and joys. Stop worrying about yourself, you are good. Hang in there regarding yourself.
roger

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:12 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,

LiveLoughLaugh24 wrote:

I'm feeling vengeful. I want to look extra pretty on Friday and laugh and look very happy and hope that other guys hit on me in hopes that he will notice take interest and try to talk to me again so that I can smile and say "okay, text me" so that when he does I can ignore him. There's just such a good feeling about pay back.

I recognize that is not very mature.

Mature or not, it sounds like a plan. Let him know what he's missing.

Are you allowing that there might be another explanation for what seems to be a lack of interest. If there isn't one, he deserves what he gets. That's a very rude way to break off any kind of relationship.
0 Replies

In-lovebk0803

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:15 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
If you're going to just be vengeful then don't go. It probably won't work out the way you want. If you're going to see other people and have a good time then do it. Just keep your emotions in check. Easier said than done
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:22 pm
Quote:
LiveLove said: After sending him a couple messages and receiving no reply, clearly he is not interested

Hold your horses, perhaps your messages didn't reach him!
For all you know he's probably thinking "I wonder why she hasn't messaged me?"
Friday's your chance to clear it up, just say to him with a smile "Hi, i don't know if you got my messages...?"
and play it by ear from there..Smile
In-lovebk0803

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Good way to look at it
0 Replies

LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 09:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's what I thought but don't you think by now he would have reached out to me !? I text him Friday evening. Heard nothing. Saturday I text him "hey, are you okay ?" And still heard nothing, it's Tuesday night by now. ....
0 Replies

LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 09:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 09:48 pm
if you feel hurt then acting hurt may well be appropriate...we are human, not Gods, and we should not pretend to be. I am Zen, we generally believe that being true to ourselves is the best course of action. I you were not being fake what would you do in this situation?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 09:51 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
LiveLoughLaugh24 wrote:
. I want to look extra pretty on Friday and laugh and look very happy and hope that other guys hit on me in hopes that he will notice take interest and try to talk to me again so that I can smile and say "okay, text me" so that when he does I can ignore him. There's just such a good feeling about pay back.

what if he's there and doesn't react to the extra-pretty you? that could end up being pretty painful.

go to the party for yourself, not for any reaction you hope you might get from him. If you can't go just to have fun for fun's sake, skip this one. You may not be ready to see him again.
0 Replies

ronaldmexico

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 09:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I agree. Only a short while has passed. Play it cool, be casual if you see him. Don't put on a show like he's missing out on anything; be yourself.
0 Replies