can you be honest please?

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:11 pm
i know this might not be the right place to ask for rating on my looks but...
i've been really down lately because of my looks. some people online told me i was looking like a boy because of my thin body and that made me feel really depressed and think that that's why i am single: because i haven't got a curvy nice body.

so can you please rate my looks 1-10 with 5 being average?

i am 18 by the way. would any guy from here date me? Sad
i know how important personality is but looks DO metter too.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

ps: i am new here so i don't really know the rules

neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:28 pm
@marybabe95,
I assume 10 would be gorgeous on your scale.
You are a definite 9+

And, you may be right about posting your vulnerability here.
I know things like this because I am very old.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 06:55 pm
I think you would be described as "cute.'
marybabe95

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:48 am
@PUNKEY,
is that a good thing?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 04:14 am
@marybabe95,
U get top grades on looks!

If I were a lot younger, I 'd LOVE to date u.

David
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 04:37 am
@marybabe95,
Posting pictures of yourself and asking to be rated is asking for trouble. There are lots of nasty people out there who get their kicks out of making other people feel miserable. After all, do you really care what someone who looks like this has to say about your appearance?http://wrathofnino.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/mlnw.jpg

You're pretty enough, but if you focus too much on your looks you'll never be happy. Look at what happened to Michael Jackson.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 05:12 am
Nice slim figure, definitely very pretty and -- don't take this the wrong way -- a rather sweet face. You'd get a 10 from me, if I was into that dumb rating-by-numbers thing.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:00 am
@marybabe95,
marybabe95 wrote:
some people online told me i was looking like a boy because of my thin body and that made me feel really depressed and think that that's why i am single: because i haven't got a curvy nice body.

Not everybody is a chubby chaser - many guys like a nice neat elegant figure like yours. I expect a lot of those comments were the result of jealousy. You look lovely!
BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:13 am
As a member in good standing of the dirty old men association you are indeed attractive and in fact far above average.

You should have no problem turning males heads and you do not look like a boy!!

An as others posters here have already stated there are people on the internet that enjoy hurting others from the safety of their computers so do not give must weight to negative comments.

Oh as far as dating is concern the males here average too old and in my case far far far too old and far far too married.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:27 am
@contrex,
Chubby chaser? Can we build this gal up (who is lovely and very feminine) without tearing others down, please?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:47 am
@marybabe95,
Marybabe95 when I was as young as I am in this picture I could see myself falling for you hard. Wink

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/BillRM/PJUMP7.jpg
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 01:20 pm
@marybabe95,
Quote:
some people online told me i was looking like a boy because of my thin body and that made me feel really depressed and think that that's why i am single: because i haven't got a curvy nice body.
There's a girl at work who is much thinner than you (almost appears anorexic even though she eats healthily) who some of the guys think is gorgeous...but she is much too thin for my taste.

In other words - different guys are attracted to different body shapes. My guess is that around 90-95% of men would find you very attractive.
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 02:08 pm
@marybabe95,

-1 for lack of self confidence. You're a 9.
Take some time to stop looking at your peers, and look at people 15, 30, 45 years older. Look at those women and see, whom in your eyes, are the more attractive ones. Now imagine what frame those women had at 18. My bet theirs will be not unlike your own. Oh, and don't worry at all about looking like a boy, worry about being proofed until you're 50. (That's a good thing!)
marybabe95

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:02 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
I can't be a 9! This girl looks way better than me! http://instagram.com/jenselter
Is she a 15/10 then?
contrex

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:12 pm
@marybabe95,
marybabe95 wrote:

I can't be a 9! This girl looks way better than me! http://instagram.com/jenselter
Is she a 15/10 then?

In a scale from 0 to 10, a score of "15" makes no sense. In any case rating peoples appearance by numbers is shallow.

You are trying to compare apples with oranges. That woman:

a. is older.
b. looks like it would cost $50 just to speak to her.
c. needs to get over herself big time.
d. wears too much makeup.
e. has a rather hard face.
f. does not look "way better" than you.

I could go on... however now it seems clear (it has been all along) that you big issue is confidence. For that reason I doubt very much that anything we say (or rather, write) will make very much difference.

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:27 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
I could go on... however now it seems clear (it has been all along) that you big issue is confidence. For that reason I doubt very much that anything we say (or rather, write) will make very much difference.

I tend to agree and it is sad as the only thing she seems to be lacking is self confidence as her looks are without question very fine.
contrex

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:38 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
the only thing she seems to be lacking is self confidence

This is a very common adolescent/teenage thing - usually it goes away as the person gets older, especially as they start to live an adult life, and mix with people of different age ranges and backgrounds. Let us hope that will be the case here.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:22 am
@marybabe95,
marybabe95 wrote:
some people online told me i was looking like a boy because of my thin body and that made me feel really depressed

Online teenage bullying over looks and body shape by girls of other girls is a very common thing, and the best thing you can do is to stop hanging out online with those people.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:36 am
@marybabe95,
marybabe95 wrote:
i know this might not be the right place to ask for rating on my looks but...
i've been really down lately because of my looks.
some people online told me i was looking like a boy
because of my thin body
and that made me feel really depressed
and think that that's why i am single: because i haven't got a curvy nice body.

so can you please rate my looks 1-10 with 5 being average?

i am 18 by the way. would any guy from here date me? Sad
i know how important personality is but looks DO metter too.

http://imgur.com/a/o4hi8

ps: i am new here so i don't really know the rules
Mary, having a THIN BODY is the commonly accepted, pervasive goal.
It is very possible, or probable, that whoever said that to u
is jealous of your thinness. I wish that I had or have a thin body.
Most of us wish for that. U have a nice, attractive face on your enchantingly thin body.
In my youth, my body was thin, but u r facially a lot better
than I ever was. U 'd not have wanted to date that.

0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 02:15 pm
@marybabe95,
marybabe95 wrote:

Is she a 15/10 then?

No, she is skinny; you are thin; she needs makeup; you do not; She's a professional; you're natural. Imagine yourself ripped as she; you'd have another 7-10 pounds of muscle. That's the best she will ever look, and you are just as attractive, with potential to be more glamorous. Anyway - nobody here can say a discouraging word - take that to heart.
0 Replies