Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yes, I am reminded of the Italian-American woman who at a party for her grandson explained to all of us at our table that the Jews should be put up against a wall and machine-gunned.

Immediately afterwards, her nephew turned to me and said "Do you believe she's 60?"

It made about as much sense as blather about a psychic connection between Jews and Italians.


There are stupid Italians...as there are stupid all-other-nationalities, Finn. What was your point with that story?
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I thought it was clear. The notion that there is some special bond between Jews and Italians (irrespective of the lovely woman I remarked upon) is absurd.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I thought it was clear. The notion that there is some special bond between Jews and Italians (irrespective of the lovely woman I remarked upon) is absurd.


Really. Well...thanks for sharing that with us. You must, however, have me mistaken for someone who really cares about how you feel about the issue.

It was mentioned that American of Italian descent have a special understanding of the Jewish predicament...and I agreed.

If you do not like that...

...allow me to say it again:

I think Americans of Italian descent have a special understanding of the Jewish predicament in this world...and I think our two cultures share other bonds...most of which are in the area of contributions to the Arts, to music, and to science.

If you do not like that, Finn...

...allow me to say it again:

I think Americans of Italian descent have a special understanding of the Jewish predicament in this world...and I think our two cultures share other bonds...most of which are in the area of contributions to the Arts, to music, and to science.


Finn dAbuzz
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Because the Germans, French, Spanish, Americans et al have, comparatively, contributed so little to Western Civilization.

Frank, now really, if you truly don't care then you wouldn't respond and certainly not in bold caps.

You write a post and others get to comment upon it. That's the way it works, and since you play by these same rules, it's a bit peevish of you to respond in a snit.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 05:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Because the Germans, French, Spanish, Americans et al have, comparatively, contributed so little to Western Civilization.


They all have. So what? I think the Italian and Jewish contributions in those areas are greater.



Quote:
Frank, now really, if you truly don't care then you wouldn't respond and certainly not in bold caps.


OH, I CARE!


Quote:
You write a post and others get to comment upon it. That's the way it works, and since you play by these same rules, it's a bit peevish of you to respond in a snit.


Me??? Snit???

C'mon, Finn...down a beer or two and come back a little less up tight. Wink Wink
Finn dAbuzz
 
  0  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You, snit.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 08:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You, snit.


Just looking for an argument, Finn?

Okay...I'm here for ya.
anonymously99stwin
 
  1  
Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 10:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Arguments attract my attention.
OmSigDAVID
 
  2  
Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You, snit.


Just looking for an argument, Finn?

Okay...I'm here for ya.
"Arguments shed light,
whereas quarrels shed heat." Source not remembered





David
blueveinedthrobber
 
  2  
Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 06:49 am
poor coldjoint.... he was so sure he was going to get me kicked off a2k and now he has just opened up the floor for a nice long thread. So much for righteous indignation.
0 Replies
 
anonymously99
 
  1  
Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You are enlightening, David.
0 Replies
 
anonymously99
 
  1  
Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:23 am
@anonymously99stwin,
I think Finn dAbuzz and Frank Apisa secretly love, not hate one another.
Frank Apisa
 
  4  
Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 08:01 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

I think Finn dAbuzz and Frank Apisa secretly love, not hate one another.


Not sure what gave you the idea that I hate Finn...but I want to go on record as most definitely NOT hating him. I do not even dislike him.

He states his opinions...and I state mine.

We have lots of disagreements.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  4  
Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 04:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm from the U.S.
I'm not of italian decent.
But - I'm very aware of what went on in the Ardeatine caves outside Rome; the way the population of Pitigliano didn't give away the jews hiding in a cave there; how some carbinieri warned roman jews in time to hide; and of the opposite sorts of things. I'm a fan of Rita Levi-Montalcini, the now eminent scientist who worked in hiding; she died about a year ago at age 103. I've read Primo Levi (my favorite book, which I've mentioned before, is his Reawakening). Then there's Carlo Levi - of Christ Stopped at Eboli fame, another favorite book and also movie.

I am not jewish either. But I can imagine that varied italian americans would have cared, as well as some not. More than the rest of other populations? I don't know. Certainly there would have been some heavy interest, probably heightened because of close ties to Italy.

(I edited).

OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 12:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Yes, I am reminded of the Italian-American woman who at a party
for her grandson explained to all of us at our table that the Jews
should be put up against a wall and machine-gunned.
Did she explain the nature of her objection to the Jews ?

For what reason
shud that be inflicted upon them, in her judgment ?

Y was she mad at them ?
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 01:30 am
@ossobuco,
I need to add that the first ghetto was ordered in italy. Or taken to be the first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_Ghetto
0 Replies
 
anonymously99
 
  2  
Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 03:40 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber started this thread with..
Quote:
"coldjoint is reporting me to principal for being a meanie. I guess I'll be kicked off. Happy New Year :0)"


Mmm.. as I sit here and think to myself. Strange.




http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=strange
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Lola at the Coffee House - Question by Lola
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Adding Tags to Threads - Discussion by Brandon9000
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Merry Andrew - Discussion by edgarblythe
Spot the April Fools gag yet? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Great New Look to A2K- Applause, Robert! - Discussion by Phoenix32890
Head count - Discussion by CalamityJane
New A2K feature requests. - Discussion by DrewDad
The great migration - Discussion by shewolfnm
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Goodbye A2K
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/23/2021 at 07:12:08