farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 08:56 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
he Chevy Silverado (to me its the white bread of pickemups), Is the only truck to have LOST market share in the last 2 years.
If you notice, this yers silverados is trying to look more and more like a Ford. That's a dumb design decision.
I wonder what the hell is wrong with GM ? They still seem to have this stubborn streak , as If the customers don't have a lick of sense.
Chevy is now advertising **** that several other trucks have had on their designs for several years.

Chevy is the "me too" company, never a leader . The truck people and the car design people don't seem to talk and compare notes.

Oh well, if Toyota trucks had a better body integrity, theyd be number 1
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 09:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
That's a 75 I believe, back in the days when 250' and 150's shared the same bodies (They didn't market the "heavy Duty" v "150" separations yet. My first truck was a 75 F250 same color as this one. I loaned it to a drinking buddy who piled it up off the Delaware Memorial Bridge
You can buy a whole new short bed and spiff that mamma up .
NEEDS SOME NICE WHEELS TOO.
Id give Im 800$
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 10:35 am
I'd love to restore an old pickup and pimp it out. Me and baby boy could make it a father son project meaning I'd do 90% of the financing and hold tools for Seth. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 12:15 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I drive a Ford F-150. I've been a Ford guy always. When my events company was in full swing I owned a fleet of Ford trucks.

See the USA in a Chevrolet.

that's as old as dinahshore fossils

Oh yes, Dinah Shore. A nice Southern Jewish girl, who at the age of 19 schlepped all over the world to entertain our troops in WWII.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 01:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

That's a 75 I believe, back in the days when 250' and 150's shared the same bodies (They didn't market the "heavy Duty" v "150" separations yet. My first truck was a 75 F250 same color as this one. I loaned it to a drinking buddy who piled it up off the Delaware Memorial Bridge
You can buy a whole new short bed and spiff that mamma up .
NEEDS SOME NICE WHEELS TOO.
Id give Im 800$

Yeah, that thing is looking pretty bad these days...although even when Frank was using it every day, I was a bit of a junk. But that is what he did...pick up junk...and sell it for scrap. He used to make some decent dollars doing it!

Nancy and I expect his son-in-law to eventually do something with that eyesore. Frank and his wife (also deceased) were great, great neighbors...and we're hoping that Frank's daughter and son-in-law will move their family into the house.

Frank had three daughters...and I am kinda thinking that none of them will ever agree to sell that old relic!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 01:30 pm
@Foofie,
I was referring to how she sang the jingle :0) I'm suyre she wouldn't have been as popular in the South if it had been common knowledge she was Jewish AND supposedly birthed a black child.
Foofie

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 09:45 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

I was referring to how she sang the jingle :0) I'm suyre she wouldn't have been as popular in the South if it had been common knowledge she was Jewish AND supposedly birthed a black child.

I never heard/read about a Black child. However, after her death, there was mention of her having survived polio as a child, and one leg was shorter than the other, so she always wore those long dresses, supposedly for that reason?

Oh yes, the South had more Jews than the North, when the Civil War started. Plus, the Secretary of War was Benjamin P. Judah, a Jew of German descent. He married a shiksa; nothing wrong with that; Jews have been marrying smart Gentiles for a few thousand years. Jews may have even gotten their supposed intelligence from the Gentiles they married. Those ancient Israelites were not exactly brilliant for following Moses around in circles for 40 years, in my opinion.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 09:48 am
@Foofie,
They were taking 40 years to prepare the necessary military to take the promised land is what I've read. Not so stupid at all. In addition the term 40 days, and nights, 40 years etc. was a colloquial expression for "No one knows how long really, but it was a damn long time". Don't try telling that to a GOP follower of Jeebus though. :0)
parados

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 10:13 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

You people are going to learn that things cut both ways. Maybe you will grow up.

A butter knife is a thing.
A butter knife won't cut either way.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 11:52 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

They were taking 40 years to prepare the necessary military to take the promised land is what I've read. Not so stupid at all. In addition the term 40 days, and nights, 40 years etc. was a colloquial expression for "No one knows how long really, but it was a damn long time". Don't try telling that to a GOP follower of Jeebus though. :0)

One of the latest theories is that the Israelites were a new identity for Canaanites that had been in a subjugated position in cities closer to Egypt. The story with Moses can all be an attempt to assume a new identity as free men.

Many truths today are just too sensitive to disclose. One day many people will have identity crises when DNA testing lets people know who is really in their ancestry. I'll laugh my ass off.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 12:13 pm
@Foofie,
interesting. where can I read about that?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 01:53 pm
@Foofie,
That's a new one on me. My understanding is that at the time of Abraham, when the great migration of the herding people from Mesopotamia (now Iraq) to what is today Israel took place, those herders were known as the Hibaru (Hebrew) and were considered nasty and fearsome dudes. Some inscriptions have been found on Babylonian steles that would support this. Would this new theory then make the followers of Moses a different people?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 02:07 pm
The "new theory" is undoubtedly some BS that Miller/Foofie made up in her little pea brain. The entire Mosaic story has been debunked by recent archaeological discoveries on the Giza plateau which have unearthed a workers' city where the skilled craftsmen who built the pyramids lived. That whole BS song and dance about slaves building the pyramids is completely without foundation. The Moses story about a scion of the pharaonic dynasty being found in the reeds, the conversion to the worship of the Hebrew god, etec., ought to be recognizable at the outset as a fairy tale.
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:28 pm
@Setanta,
Yeh, there is a collection of photos in Classical Archeology several years ago that debunked much of the "slave BS", when translated, there were carvings in the forms of cartouches that stated that "THE GIZA TWO GANG IS THE BEST STONECUTTING CREW FOR ASBHAD (year name)" then there's an actual award (sorta like "Employees of the
month")
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:34 pm
@Setanta,
Miller and Foofie are the same person?

Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?

Makes sense though.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:38 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Miller and Foofie are the same person?

Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?

Makes sense though.

That's Set's take on it. Personally, I doubt it very much. Different styles.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:46 pm
I guess this means I shouldn't read about it ? Laughing
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 05:38 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
The only difference between Miller's style and Foofie's is that Miller uses Foofie to say that outrageous, bigoted things she doesn't wish to have associated with her name here.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 05:40 pm
@Setanta,
Maybe. But I'm still very dubious.
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 06:05 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Suit yourself--you're ignoring that Foofie answered a question directed at Miller, then said she knew how Miller thinks. Then she said she didn't know who Miller is (although just having said she knows how Miller thinks), but knew she was female. Then suddenly she knew that Miller lives in the Boston area, and works in the health care field. Then she suddenly knew that Miller is Jewish, and knew the precise Jewish ethnic group to which she belongs--all after having said she didn't now who Miller is. It's tough keeping up a tissue of lies, it's so easy to get tripped up. As Walter Scott put it, "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."