Aliens. What are they like?

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:48 am
The second definition of the noun alien at the Collins English dictionary:

any being or thing foreign to the environment in which it now exists (emphasis added)

The first definition of the noun alien at Wiktionary:

A person, animal, plant, or other thing which is from outside the family, group, organization, or territory under consideration. (emphasis added)

You're not very swift, slick.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:08 am
@Setanta,
Or you can pull a Setanta and tell us what idiots we all are. Wait a minute, you already did that.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:11 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

No dabuzz. It's not great fun. Right? It's not great fun to speculate about this.

Instead of hijacking my thread why don't you read my post. In that post you will see an argument there. That argument is that speculation is for idiots and the media.

Can't people read here?

It's great fun for me. Sorry that it's not for you.

You shouldn't feel so possessive about threads. We meander here.

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh no, i don't consider everyone here to be idiots, and it's a flat out lie to say that i said that. There are a select few who are idiots, and you know who you are. I see you pulled a Finn again by attempting to erect a straw man.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 03:02 pm
@Setanta,
At one time or another virtually everyone in this forum has suffered a Setanta tongue lashing...even the ones you may claim not to think are idiots, but maybe I should have warned him against pulling another Setanta, gratuitously making a petty reference to someone who hasn't even engaged him in a given thread.
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 04:11 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Obviously you are badly strapped for even your pathetic straw men arguments. You should just pull a Finn, tell us what we think, and then argue against it. You don't need us at all.

I didn't know your posts were written by a committee.
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 04:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

No dabuzz. It's not great fun. Right? It's not great fun to speculate about this.

Instead of hijacking my thread why don't you read my post. In that post you will see an argument there. That argument is that speculation is for idiots and the media.

Can't people read here?

It's great fun for me. Sorry that it's not for you.

You shouldn't feel so possessive about threads. We meander here.

Yes. It's good fun for me too. Who's "we"?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/spank.gif
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:39 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
I don't write for a committee, nor does a committee write for me--i do laugh at your method in responding to almost everyone who has responded to this pathetic thread, as though one answer fits all. Really, your method is pathetic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 04:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ah . . . poor bay-bee . . .
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2014 03:58 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ah . . . poor bay-bee . . .

That's the best you could come up with?

I shouldn't be surprised. If you can't charge "Strawman," you seem to be stifled.
Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 03:53 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I can't recall a time when you haven't indulged a straw man to reply to someone with whom you disagree--it just gets tedious to continue to point it out. Here, you've switched to alleging that i "gratuitously" mention someone who has not "engaged" me in this thread. To claim that that is a constant behavior of mine is also a straw man. If you would prefer, i could it make it a point to mention it every time you attempt to erect a straw man, although that would be an almost never ending task.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 06:09 am
Quote:
Topic title: Aliens. What are they like?

Perhaps some kinds exist not as solid material bodies, but are made purely of invisible energy and are nasty parasites floating around seeking human minds to set up home in, and known by the oldfashioned name of "demons"?
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 06:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Topic title: Aliens. What are they like?

Perhaps some kinds exist not as solid material bodies, but are made purely of invisible energy and are nasty parasites floating around seeking human minds to set up home in, and known by the oldfashioned name of "demons"?

There are no demons, just creatures which evolution has a path to create. Evolution only changes creatures to be adapted to their environments so that they can reproduce successfully and pass on their genes. It does not create magical creatures.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 06:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
"Demons "was all they had when they didn't have aliens to kick around.

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 06:17 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Ha! Perhaps miniature wingéd unicorns will fly out of my ass when i go upstairs to bed tonight, too.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 07:02 am
@Setanta,
Sounds painful.
Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 07:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Makes a colonoscopy feel like a walk in the park. I can't comment on the demons, though--that's Romeo's fantasy.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 08:02 am
@Setanta,
Better warn Beth.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 08:05 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

"Demons" was all they had
when they didn't have aliens to kick around.
Did the I.N.S. do them too ??
0 Replies