Aliens. What are they like?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

The problem is that you don't have the faintest ghost of an idea what aliens are like, or whether someone is representing them correctly or incorrectly.

. . .or whether, in fact, such things even exist.

Say, did we ever figure out how many angels can dance on the head of a common pin?
tenderfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have... intelligently design all mankind's gods as aliens from anywhere or no where.. accept the most recent Christian one... he's from somewhere or the other.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 11:14 pm
Hey has anybody here had a close encounter with a UFO or whatever, or to put it more excitingly- Has anybody here been 'Taken'?
I had an experience while camping alone at night in a remote field but I don't know if it was just a dream.
The only possible "evidence" was a bruise on my shin next morning as if they'd extracted bone marrow for my DNA, what cheek!
Was I Taken? I just don't know.
I've posted the full account in UFO Research websites, dramatically entitled "The Spalding Incident"..Smile
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 05:44 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

We don't know what aliens will/might be like. We only think we know.

Most scientific types keep an open mind on this and speculate what we might find within certain ranges based on our own experience and our knowledge of natural environments and biological evolution. But we don't have enough information currently to know within a reasonable range.

Also the potential range of alien life is huge, ranging from virus/Bacteria-like to super-technological. Based on the history of our biosphere I would expect that 99.9% of all life in the Universe would be simple bacteria-like in some way, with rare pockets of multi-cellular and ever rarer pockets of technological expertise.

I know exactly what aliens will be like. They will be just like us. Just like any animal wanting a decent life.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 06:15 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
You have a tendency to generalize to the point of uselessness.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 06:20 am
Yes. Aliens will have relatives and they will be sentient.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 06:41 am
They will all have the Christian Bible and celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving.
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:11 am
@edgarblythe,
WE all know what aliens will be like - like any other life-form.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 09:15 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

How is that statement useful. It's like saying "An alien will be alien".

What we want to know is what forms life can take.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 09:44 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

Said with the same proof he uses in evolution threads.
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:35 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

Said with the same proof he uses in evolution threads.

WE already know what aliens are like. Do you imagine they could be different from any other animal? Then you've been watching too many pap movies.
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:41 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Quote:
WE already know what aliens are like

All your ideas come from the entertainment media. Science is still debating and searching within our own Solar System for any signs of life.

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:58 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
WE already know what aliens are like

All your ideas come from the entertainment media. Science is still debating and searching within our own Solar System for any signs of life.

They are searching for different life-forms on the earth. What makes you think life is somehow different if its off the earth?
Is anyone getting this? Or do we all believe that that aliens are either all nasty, all nice or something weird?
#
Ah.
Light dawns.
We are "earthcentric".
That's the word I was looking for.
The alien prejudice is "earthcentrism".
- hey fellah! are you an "earthcentrist"?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:43 am
Did Jesus die for their sins?
rosborne979

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:49 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:
Is anyone getting this? Or do we all believe that that aliens are either all nasty, all nice or something weird?

If those are examples of your thoughts on this matter then it's apparent that your thoughts are extremely limited in scope. Most science minded people are WAY beyond this and are playing in a different league.
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Did Jesus die for their sins?

..its you bly...just you
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 01:01 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

If those are examples of your thoughts on this matter then it's apparent that your thoughts are extremely limited in scope. Most science minded people are WAY beyond this and are playing in a different league.

Thanks for not understanding that sentence, and not looking at the others. I must say, things have improved.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 01:14 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:
Thanks for not understanding that sentence, and not looking at the others. I must say, things have improved.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood. Your writing style certainly doesn't make things easy.
farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 01:35 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
Quote:
What makes you think life is somehow different if its off the earth?

I don't know , and neither do you. So making a simple assertion based upon reading AMAZING STORIES is silly.

I can say that exolife is Silicon based and could be right or wrong. We just don't know. SO lets look and try to find out.K?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 01:42 pm
I can eat fifty eggs.