I guess I was wrong about the knockout game

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 12:59 pm
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/content/2013/1227-knockout-hate-crime/17728083-1-eng-US/1227-knockout-hate-crime_full_380.jpg

This young man was filmed knocking out an elderly gentleman. While he delivered the blow, he yelled 'knockout'. On his phone were videos he took of himself preparing for the attack that were filled with racial invective.

So to all of you who I scoffed at for thinking that this was being overblown, maybe I was too quick to dismiss your fears...

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Looks like a retribution-type copycat. Well, it's definitely an equal opportunity horror now.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:04 pm
@Lash,
lol Lash.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 01:04 pm
@maxdancona,
This simply could be a self-fulfilling prophesy that's inevitably born from all of the media hype.... (anecdotally speaking). Just saying.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 02:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Looks like a retribution-type copycat. Well, it's definitely an equal opportunity horror now.

One (1) "copycat" does not make an "equal opportunity horror." Plus, for all we know, there could be hidden motives in some of the attacks, nation-wide. There are different inter-group relations, between demographics, in many regions/cities, etc. In one place it could reflect resentment for one thing, in another place it could reflect resentment for another thing. The one common denominator, in my opinion, is that youngish males think it is acceptable to "act out" ones feelings, whatever is the cause.

You might be confusing modus operandi with cause/reason.

In NYC there have been several of these incidents against obviously religious Jews by Blacks. Back in the 1930's few would have been surprised if the attacker was white, and a Jew the victim. So, to parse it better, one may say that since 1930, white people that do not like Jews, have learned not to act out their feelings. Perhaps, since it is considered inappropriate by the white Gentile demographic to act out anti-Semitism (the perpetrator would lose face amongst his own demographic). Apparently, the entire Black community does not have that brake on acting out anti-Semitic feelings.

And, nation-wide, the greater number of incidents might be Black perpetrators, and white victims, since we can all admit that there are Black people that are alienated from white people. So, even if there are copy-cat incidents, it still may reflect different motivations, based on who the perpetrator would be. In one instance it can be based on the desire to be a copy-cat, for whatever reason, and in another instance it can be based on deep seated alienation and hostility.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 02:29 pm
@Foofie,
Question for you Foofie; Why does the race of the people doing these violent attacks matter?

There seems to be a real hunger among White Conservatives to justify a fear of dark skinned people, in spite of the fact that there have always been a small number of random attacks on various groups and there is no real significant story here (other than the advent of YouTube videos).

This salacious story of black youths menacing innocent white victims is hyped. It feeds into conservative mythology that has existed since reconstruction.

At least black youths aren't eating Christian babies.
Foofie

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 06:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Question for you Foofie; Why does the race of the people doing these violent attacks matter?

There seems to be a real hunger among White Conservatives to justify a fear of dark skinned people, in spite of the fact that there have always been a small number of random attacks on various groups and there is no real significant story here (other than the advent of YouTube videos).

This salacious story of black youths menacing innocent white victims is hyped. It feeds into conservative mythology that has existed since reconstruction.

At least black youths aren't eating Christian babies.

I am not qualified to respond in behalf of "White Conservatives." But, to respond to your first sentence (and after a semi-colon, one does not capitalize the next letter), the race apparently matters because there is some deep seated alienation towards the white Jewish community in some segments of the NYC Black community, and that alienated segment (note the alienation from the police, white or Black) also correlates with the segment of the Black community that contributes the most males to the prison system, in my opinion. Meaning, when a non-white is alienated from the white community, one is also alienated from main stream American, which happens to be a white majority. Therefore, if one cannot function, due to early alienation, in the white community, one might have a more spotty work record, and in some instances gravitate to criminal activity, whether it is for profit, or acting out one's alienation.

Also, from a sociological standpoint, the Black migration to the north included the Southern culture, which has more violence, Black or white. This means that alienated Blacks in the north can be acting out the alienation due to one's family living through the Jim Crow era in the South. And, in NYC the success of the NYC Jew is particulary resented.

The big difference I find sociologically between the races is that white ethnics (non-WASP's) have had a heap of bigotry heaped on them since their families arrived in the 19th century, and they picked themselves up by their bootstraps, but more importantly, they jettisoned those in their community, so to speak, that could not advance themselves. In my opinion, and perhaps for political reasons, the Black community does not want to jettison their "under-class," as white ethnics have done. Blacks seem to have more cohesiveness than white folk? And, they do resent what whites have, just like many an anti-Semite resents the success that Jews have had. Just standard human emotions.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:04 pm
@Foofie,
You don't know very much about Jewish history in the US, do you Foofie.
Foofie

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 08:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You don't know very much about Jewish history in the US, do you Foofie.

You ask me a question. I reply as best I could. And you respond with the above obtuse comment. So, I've learned you are not one to respond to my posts in a clear manner. Conversation over.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 09:21 pm
@Foofie,
Sorry Foofie. The things you say are so absurdly offensive, given the struggle of Jewish Americans to gain rights for themselves and others, that I don't know how else to respond.
Foofie

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Sorry Foofie. The things you say are so absurdly offensive, given the struggle of Jewish Americans to gain rights for themselves and others, that I don't know how else to respond.

You not only "don't know how else to respond," you might not have the humility, in my opinion, to admit for all your urban cosmopolitan thinking, you really only have the promulgated, media version of American Jewry. Please do not pretend to know how it is to walk in someone else's shoes. And, again in my opinion, Jews did not have the struggle. The "struggle" was with white Gentiles to overcome their millenium long learning curve that Jews are inherently different. It is very hard to overcome a millenium long lesson.

In other words, if Jews really had the "struggle," then in a way, it does not humiliate those that were the promulgators of hate for being too close-minded to change their ways overnight. Like saying that Native Americans had a "struggle." No struggle when in the 19th century white Americans were comfortable with the phrase, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." See? Whites had the struggle to overcome their own backward ways.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:59 pm
@Foofie,
you are once again proving you are an idiot, foofer.

what do you know of american indians besides what you have seen on tv?

poor whitey...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 01:13 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie,

To most of us, "Jewish White supremicist" seems like a contradiction. Yet you pull it off pretty well. It is your ideas that some ethnic groups (i.e. White and Jewish) are inherently superior to others (i.e. Black and Muslim) that I find disturbing.

Jewish history is full of fighting for the rights of minority cultures. They were among the first to fight Christian symbols (like Christmas trees) in public schools, and were in the middle of the fight against housing discrimination. Not surprisingly they were at the forefront of Martin Luther King's struggle for civil rights and they benefitted from the Civil Rights act.

This is why your posts, where you insist that minority cultures have no rights and that some ethnic groups are inherently inferior, are so troubling.

I suggest you do some reading about Jewish History in the US. I suggest you start with the Brownsville School Boycott of 1905. It might not change your mind, but it will at least help you uderstand why your posts are considered offensive by so many of us.

Foofie

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Foofie,

To most of us, "Jewish White supremicist" seems like a contradiction. Yet you pull it off pretty well. It is your ideas that some ethnic groups (i.e. White and Jewish) are inherently superior to others (i.e. Black and Muslim) that I find disturbing.

Jewish history is full of fighting for the rights of minority cultures. They were among the first to fight Christian symbols (like Christmas trees) in public schools, and were in the middle of the fight against housing discrimination. Not surprisingly they were at the forefront of Martin Luther King's struggle for civil rights and they benefitted from the Civil Rights act.

This is why your posts, where you insist that minority cultures have no rights and that some ethnic groups are inherently inferior, are so troubling.

I suggest you do some reading about Jewish History in the US. I suggest you start with the Brownsville School Boycott of 1905. It might not change your mind, but it will at least help you uderstand why your posts are considered offensive by so many of us.

You are showing your willingness to generalize about Jews, based on what some political activists that where Jewish got involved in.

Anyway, let's not equate me with a white supremacist. Better you call me a Jewish Supremacist, since when it comes to acting out hostility, you have never heard of a gang of Jews attacking Gentiles in this country. Meaning I do believe American Jews have a good record for not acting out hostility to those that were hostile to them. I call that a superior ability at being civilized.

And, since Gentiles took over Christianity, you seem to now want to talk in behalf of how Jews should view themselves? No. I have my own vision of being Jewish that does not include a white bread sterility that often has a challenged ability to see humor. That's not all Gentiles, since there are some ethnics that see absurdity just like Jews; however, your ancestors would never have made it on Saturday Night Live, in my opinion.

Please stop this silly repartee. You can be only right for yourself. Don't think you can change my mind. The Czar failed with my ancestors, and you are a poor substitute for a Czar.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:20 pm
@Foofie,
You are the Czar, Foofie.

In your posts you attack ethnic minorities. You are the one saying that they have a responsibility to fit with the majority. You are claiming that injustice against ethnic minorities is the minorities' own fault. And you are the one making accusations based on ethnicity rather than on individual behavior.

You are not on the side of ethnic minorities struggling for dignity, justice and the right to hold onto their culture.

I am sure that your ancestors were on the side of justice for minority cultures. But you clearly aren't.

Foofie

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 07:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are not on the side of ethnic minorities struggling for dignity, justice and the right to hold onto their culture.

Let's have an even playing field. I like everyone equally to how much they like me. And if you know NYC, only a certain demographic of well-educated non-Jews have Jewish friends. Great swaths of NYC Gentiles, white or otherwise, have total alienation from Jews. So, let's stop the crap.
0 Replies