Bush Faces a Revolt: from the U.S. Military

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:08 am
And in WW2 other nations were looking to us for help.
Now its quite the opposite.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:33 am
This is for you fox, from info's post: "Bush may see his mission to Iraq as a holy war, but frustrated Pentagon strategists say they're being ignored and ill-treated by the administration." Doesn't say anything about "recruitment."
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:38 am
I really love Bush's strategy:

Send them into Iraq, then cut their pay, then their benefits, then Veteran benefits, and then their right to Freedom of Speach.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 12:15 pm
Also unknown-man, Bush, Mr. "AWOL" himself, is planning on closing at least 6 more VA hospitals.

Got to close that budget deficit and once the Vets are back and ailing, in true GOP fashion, they will be kicked to the curb. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 12:45 pm
What happened to respect your elders? Or at least, respect your betters? Bush needs to learn those classic lessons.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:37 pm
Tarantulas wrote:
Yeah, it is.

When someone starts talking about "neocons," it's time to go find something else to read. Generally the article will turn out to have no redeeming social value and will be merely a political hit-piece that reads like someone's blog.

Neoconservative is what they call themselves!!!! God in heaven.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 09:07 pm
they came up with the self designation because they felt that neo-trotskities might not go over so well.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:24 pm
dyslexia wrote:
they came up with the self designation because they felt that neo-trotskities might not go over so well.

That'll pass by about forty yards to high.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:46 pm
Foxfyre said
Quote:
I'm sorry that none of them to the best of my knowledge have been quoted in the liberal media so that you would give them some credibility

Blatham said "that sentence serves you poorly"

Foxfyre responded
Quote:
And Blatham, serves me poorly? You can say this when you have constantly been on my case about posting links, demanding I substantiate my sources, yadda yadda? I get tired of debate by who can find the most articles to post to support their position. Whatever happened to thinking for yourself? (Yes, I know I post a pertinent article now and then too. So don't even go there.)

Of course, I'll insist you post links and give attribution to sources when you make some claim or quote someone else. As should you. That's proper scholarship, and proper journalistic care and ethics.

This isn't about warring quotes or even contrasting commentaries. It's about the degree of rigor with which we ought to engage a question (or each other) if we are going to do anything better than merely spouting/repeating dogma.

Thinking for oneself IS it. But what little value is there if we are careless and unreflective in how we go about our thinking?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:59 am
BBB
The real story of Iraq: Bad Days Ahead

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23221&highlight=&sid=13c0ca4325b946fe317b9bc6e3947c16
0 Replies